Sign in to follow this  
inthisriver

Should game moderators have "mod" powers while Modding a game?

Should game moderators have "mod" powers while Modding a game?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should game moderators have "mod" powers while Modding a game?

• Yes
    • No

Who the fuck voted no?

Of course they should be able to be a mod for the duration of the game.

Or at least have the ability to lock their thread.

No. There are already a moderator for this section. Unnecessary to give JB extra work with giving and talking away "power" to people every 5th week when there are a moderator for it.

Whats with you hatin' on mafia every opportunity you get?

There is usually only 1 mafia game every 3 months.

And the game lasts 6 - 10 weeks on average.

If you played any games you would know this.

I was replying to Sandman.

There's no need to give the game host any mod powers. Totts was made Mafia mod for this reason among others, and there will rarely be periods of more than a couple hours when at least one mod doesn't sign into the forum.

I just think it'd be easier for everyone if game mods had temporary mod powers? Surely you can make it only to only one sub section or even possibly one thread?

Can't the host just post "NIGHT TIME. POSTING AFTER THIS MESSAGE WILL GET YOU MOD-KILLED." and wait for the mods to lock it?

Some people have trouble with this concept.

*looks at ITR*

:CoolFace:

Huh? I posted after the ninth vote, sure. But I never posted after Dean said to stop posting.

Can't the host just post "NIGHT TIME. POSTING AFTER THIS MESSAGE WILL GET YOU MOD-KILLED." and wait for the mods to lock it?

The problem is that SLAA locked the thread before Dean was able to close the day. The thread is locked and we still don't know Conor's alignment. :facepalm:

I was replying to Sandman.

There's no need to give the game host any mod powers. Totts was made Mafia mod for this reason among others, and there will rarely be periods of more than a couple hours when at least one mod doesn't sign into the forum.

Not saying it'd be a bad idea in any way, but we have five active mods capable of closing the thread. I just think it's kind of unnecessary to add a 6th and a whole user class around it. Can't the host just post "NIGHT TIME. POSTING AFTER THIS MESSAGE WILL GET YOU MOD-KILLED." and wait for the mods to lock it?

And I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to give mod powers for a single thread.

Whats with you hatin' on mafia every opportunity you get?

It boils down to being able to lock and unlock a thread, don't see much point - just warn people not to post at night-time.

Exactly, if people post at night time they get mod killed, simple as.

Which reminds me, why did it say (Up to Conor) in the main thread after that? :shrugs:

It boils down to being able to lock and unlock a thread, don't see much point - just warn people not to post at night-time.

Which reminds me, why did it say (Up to Conor) in the main thread after that? :shrugs:

I FUCKED UP You're seeing things man, it says Dean :CoolFace:

I FUCKED UP You're seeing things man, it says Dean :CoolFace:

YOU EDITED A POST THAT MEANS YOU DIE.

Oh wait :CoolFace: