Guest thomas meadow

ghostbusters 3 is going to happen i guess.

SNL should go to town making fun of Ghostbusters.

I forgot the exact words but I was reading a New York Times piece on the movie that claimed that the negative YouTube ratings were coordinated by groups of men. There was no evidence presented in the article about the conspiracy beyond the simple statement. I don't know how that made it through fact checking but maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

"journalism" today is just throwing out bullshit to fit your narrative or your view on the world. no real fact checking or anything like that required.

Twitter confirmed it has permanently banned Breitbart Tech editor and alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos for allegedly violating its “hateful conduct policy”.

The contretemps has been brewing all week, as Milo engaged in a barbed to and fro with embattled Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones over her Twitter feud with trolls who hated her new movie. At one point the CEO of Twitter Jack Dorsey intervened himself, asking Jones to direct message him. Milo himself said nothing racist, though he joked that Jones’ grammatically challenged quips at him were “barely literate”, said America needs better schools and referred to Jones facetiously as “a black dude”.

Milo has been suspended from Twitter before and also lost his verification tag. Will tonight’s suspension really be permanent?

Earlier today Milo said he was not sorry for his  dialogue with Jones.

“No, of course, I don’t have any regrets,” Milo told Heat Street. “But feminists on the other hand should have regrets that they have taught strong women that they are victims and attacked people for having different opinions to them on Twitter.”

Milo also defended himself against accusations of racism with the fact he has a propensity for black men.

“I keep getting accused of being a white supremacist. But if that’s the case, I must be the first black-dick-sucking white supremacist in history.”

http://heatst.com/tech/milo-permanently-suspended-from-twitter-following-row-with-leslie-jones/

Unbelievable given the shit that black chick has been tweeting. 

She is an out and out racist yet gets a free pass. 

Make fat joke about her = banned. 

Fuck twitter

If you're referring to what I think, those weren't actually her, no?

From what I gather they were. 

Some great points here

Some great points here

Who the fuck is that absolute cockwomble and why is he shouting like a spacker with a knackered hearing aid?

Some great points here

Who the fuck is that absolute cockwomble and why is he shouting like a spacker with a knackered hearing aid?

Show me a youtuber that doesn't talk like that?

every single positive review of this movie on rotten tomatoes has a feminist agenda, with quotes like "middle finger to all of the brobabiez"

why can't they just objectively review the film? many of them are even claiming that it's just as good or even better than the original. having only seen the original in full and the new one's trailer i already know this is 100% not true. the original never made shit racebait jokes

I've seen it going the other way as well though, just to play devil's advocate. That said, every objective review from the outlets I respect and follow have said that it's not as horrendous as the first trailers suggested, but that it's by no means good, and barely related to Ghostbusters beyond a few logos and costumes. It's a Paul Feig film, and one of his worst. 4/10 or 5/10 seems to be the general consensus from those folks, so pretty bad, but you could get through it with a few laughs here and there. The added insult is that it's an improvised Paul Feig film, so the Ghostbusters element is purely for cosmetics to bring in the audience. And to a certain degree, it's worked, but that doesn't make it any less shitty.

All the extremely positive and extremely negative reviews seem to be butthurt about something. You're either a social justice feminist, or a misogynist. What was that fucking NYT quote, "Women are funny! Get over it!" :lol: Sure, and women are a lot funnier when they're allowed to stand on their own two feet in a well written or structured film.

That's the world we live in today.

I read a story about the rating the movie had on a couple movie sites. On one it has like 12,000 votes BEFORE the movie had been released. And like 9000 were by males who gave it an average rating of 1 star out of 5.

So thousands of males were giving it the lowest rating possible.......without ever seeing the actual movie.

So the over-the-top love and hate definitely goes both ways.

People can't just like or dislike something anymore. They have to shout and be outraged.

every single positive review of this movie on rotten tomatoes has a feminist agenda, with quotes like "middle finger to all of the brobabiez"

why can't they just objectively review the film? many of them are even claiming that it's just as good or even better than the original. having only seen the original in full and the new one's trailer i already know this is 100% not true. the original never made shit racebait jokes

I've seen it going the other way as well though, just to play devil's advocate. That said, every objective review from the outlets I respect and follow have said that it's not as horrendous as the first trailers suggested, but that it's by no means good, and barely related to Ghostbusters beyond a few logos and costumes. It's a Paul Feig film, and one of his worst. 4/10 or 5/10 seems to be the general consensus from those folks, so pretty bad, but you could get through it with a few laughs here and there. The added insult is that it's an improvised Paul Feig film, so the Ghostbusters element is purely for cosmetics to bring in the audience. And to a certain degree, it's worked, but that doesn't make it any less shitty.

All the extremely positive and extremely negative reviews seem to be butthurt about something. You're either a social justice feminist, or a misogynist. What was that fucking NYT quote, "Women are funny! Get over it!" :lol: Sure, and women are a lot funnier when they're allowed to stand on their own two feet in a well written or structured film.

I read a story about the rating the movie had on a couple movie sites. On one it has like 12,000 votes BEFORE the movie had been released. And like 9000 were by males who gave it an average rating of 1 star out of 5.

So thousands of males were giving it the lowest rating possible.......without ever seeing the actual movie.

People can't just like or dislike something anymore. They have to shout and be outraged.

This is what happens when you take a popular franchise and use it as a vehicle to make a political statement, at the expense of said franchise. 

This is what happens when you take a popular franchise and use it as a vehicle to make a political statement, at the expense of said franchise.

I'm not defending the movie. It looks dreadful and I cannot stand Melissa McCarthy.

Is that what happened? I haven't followed it closely enough to know the details. I thought they were just rebooting the franchise and thought having a female cast might be more fun than getting Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Seth Rogan and Chris Rock to do it.

The movie was made as a political statement instead of a group of Hollywood elites trying to make money?

Regardless of the motives of making a movie, I truly believe somebody should watch the film before giving it a rating.

The movie was made as a political statement instead of a group of Hollywood elites trying to make money?

I don't think so, I think they made it with the initial intention of it being a quirky idea that could feed off The Ghostbusters name, while turning the convention on its head by having four female 'busters. When they realised they'd made a shit film, the reaction to the trailer and backlash gave them a good secondary marketing campaign by being empowering and feminist. At the end of the day, the Hollywood elites got their money, so they don't give a fuck how. They'd have made more money had they made a good film, but fuck it.

No doubt you should see a film before making a review and such, but I don't think you can reject people's arguments against the concept of the movie. If they announce tomorrow they're remaking Back To The Future, I'm going to be pissed. I think there's a big difference between saying "I think this film looks shit" and "I think this film is shit". For sure, I agree you need to see the film for the latter. And the pre-release reviews are a big ol' pile of wank, from both sides. By that, I mean reviews made before release, and reviews in which the reviewer had a pre-determined opinion or agenda.

The movie is struggling at the Box Office. I needed to make 300million at least in the US alone and it didn't even open at number 1. It came in behind a cartoon that was out for a week or so. 

Now lets just say they had gone with an all male reboot.

It would have been deemed a major flop with such an opening weekend. But because there's an all female cast screaming feminism and "patriarchy" it gets something of a pass.

But cold hard cash will rule the day. This week its up against Bourne and Star Trek. China looks set to ban it and overseas box office has been weaker than the US.

This is now about the bigger picture. Ghostbusters had the potential to be a billion dollar franchise globally with a successful reboot and merchandise. 

That's now largely dead in the water. 

i pirated it, it is fucking god awful. the holtzmann character acts like she is on fucking crack the whole movie. the "comedy" is dreadful. it is the typical "present stupid joke, and then others pick up and argue about the meaning of joke" that is too common in shit comedies. i chuckled 3 times in the movie. the only character that seemed somewhat normal was patty, outside of the parts where she played up the stereotypical loud black lady. the cameos were complete shit, you literally had to wait until the end credits to get sigourney weaver.

China has this weird cultural thing about depicting ghosts and anything undead it seems.

God, they'll do all kinds of mental gymnatics before admitting loss just so the sjw's don't have to eat shit. The movie sucked donkey rod, and made Sony lose money. Take the loss with pride, admit Mr. Feig jumped the gun calling everyone that darrrrreeeeddd to call a shit movie shit women hating bigots, and move the fuck on :lol:

ITs amazing how they spent almost 20 years trying to get a sequel off the ground and it wound up being that turd.

I never really liked the movies either. Best thing about the Ghostbusters franchise was this....

I like how they say it only needs $300 million to break even. So it's $144 million production plus $100 million marketing and the theatres take half the ticket gross. More like $500 million to break even. Sony probably lost over $250 million on this turd.

I hate to say I'm glad it failed, but I'm glad it failed.  They should've made a new ghostbusters and had one of them be a woman.  

Apparently the video game from 2009 is better than this movie.   lolpaulfeig

i'm sick and tired of reboots and remakes, they already fucked up ghostbusters, robocop, total recall, nightmare on elm street etc and a bunch more. now it looks like scarface is going to be remade, i know scarface in itself is a remake, but the pacino version is vastly superior and is a classic. remaking a black and white movie from the 1920's in color in the 1980's and it becoming an all time classic is different.