sofine11

Welcome Back Madison!!

The mods on mygnr are a joke, and Beta is laughable. She is crazier than Axl which is saying a lot.

I went a few rounds with her a few times.

That site is almost as bad as jarmos, at mygnr if you are bashing other postings but defending Axl its ok.

She's actually a really nice person. I know I'll get flamed for saying that but I don't really give a fuck. As for the Mod situation over at MYGNR, I don't know? Haven't been following things all that closely these days. Sounds like Guns Guy let meeting Axl go to his head though.

She's actually a really nice person. I know I'll get flamed for saying that but I don't really give a fuck.

you shouldn't get flamed for saying that, not here anywayz. and i don't have a reason to flame her myself. not to this point anyhow. i'm not gonna just jump on the gravy train, hopefully that's a shared sentiment here./

I said it before and I will say it again, I don't see whats changed on mygnr, I'm on there almost every other day and it seems the same as usual. Gunsguy has some form of power but not enough to bother me in any way, shape or form and they may close a thread when it's only half discussed but that's usually because it has divulged into the same stupid argument that comes up in every other thread.

Feel free to show me some evidence to counter what I just said.

I said it before and I will say it again, I don't see whats changed on mygnr, I'm on there almost every other day and it seems the same as usual. Gunsguy has some form of power but not enough to bother me in any way, shape or form and they may close a thread when it's only half discussed but that's usually because it has divulged into the same stupid argument that comes up in every other thread.

Feel free to show me some evidence to counter what I just said.

Well, people getting banned purely for not supporting the new band through and through, or not finding Chinese Democracy to be the most perfect album of all time. And censorship.

We were told one thing and shown another, very deliberately. I guess it'd been happening all along, but the entire madison incident just showed the cracks.

i noticed that when someone criticised axl or the album or the new band, a smart arse reply was given by a certain mod.. rather than accepting the different opinion with respect (as used to be the case). like.. if you don't like the new band then why are you here type thing. the problem with that is that whilst you might love your husband or wife. you don't always like everything about them (for example). Similarly, when there is a domineering partner the other usually has to be submissive, or pay the consequences. this is how it sometimes comes across at mygnr and there was a time when it wasn't like that. Not sure why you haven't seen that at work plonker.. maybe because you have never felt the need to criticise axl & co for anything.

Well, people getting banned purely for not supporting the new band through and through, or not finding Chinese Democracy to be the most perfect album of all time. And censorship.

We were told one thing and shown another, very deliberately. I guess it'd been happening all along, but the entire madison incident just showed the cracks.

The debates certainly are more mature and civil on this forum but I have to agree with Plonker...I am active on MYGNR and have been critical of Axl on more than one occasion and have never had a warning or been given any shit by the mods there...but based on some of the posts here related to being banned or warned there some of the reasons do seem pretty odd and trivial........

Edited by classicrawker

maybe they simply play favourites. i never personally experienced any conflict from the mods, but i did notice a change. I prefer to post here because i don't have to sort through a ton of childish crap to find a decent discussion. i still post over there sometimes.

MyGNR didn't change a lot. About the mods, I only like zint, he's cool, but the others are really some suckers. But the day that a member is banned due to his opinion, the forum is dead, and I didn't see that happening yet. The biggest problem there it's not that there are lot of different opinions. It's not a question of opinion, but how you expresse it and how you're open to each person's opinion, some people just claim their opinions and disclaim others as if it was true. Truth is relative.

That Nintari guy, for example. He claimed that newgnr have fans because we all have some kind of subconscious jealousy of the old band. Well, he can dislike the band now, but he doesn't need to say that I like it because of that, of because of that.

This forum has lots of different opinions too, but we know how to discuss it.

Guest madison

I'd like to know what you think about zint61 accusing Madison of this:-

Discuss GNFNR.

It's absolutely ridiculous. It amazes me the lies they will tell to make excuses for the despicable way Eric has behaved in all of this.

Last week, Montrealer, Rick and Zint all wrote posts, misleading members into wrongly believing that I was back posting there again - under the name "Mad Hatter" - which was ludicrous. Mad Hatter was obviously BBA - and yet the three of them made posts telling people it was me.

When I sent Zint a pm, asking him to correct this misinformation, he then claimed that either BBA and I were the same person - or - I was using his account to write posts. At this point, I realized that Zint had officially lost his mind. :confused: For the record - I have never - in all the years I've been at mygnr - ever posted under another screenname nor have I "told" BBA what to write. (He has a mind of his own).

In fact, I've been extremely vocal over the years about how juvenile and lame I think it is when people use multiple screennames to post. I assured Zint that I would never be posting at mygnr ever again because I would never support or drive traffic to a forum that's run by someone who has been as dishonest, unethical and deceitful has Eric has been. But Zint refuses to correct the lies and misinformation on the forum. Pretty sad.

The mods over there lie, lie, lie.

Here is a PM that Eric Ramano sent me on February 3 (one week before Madison was fired):

28mlnur.jpg

I wrote to him because I was trying to decide whether or not to re-new my supporter status and was concerned that GUNSGUY was going to be made a mod.

When I mentioned this email the next week in one of the many threads about Madison that were locked/deleted Eric replied that he wished people could see my warning status when reading my posts. :rolleyes: What a dick.

Yes, this pm just backs up everything I've said. There were no warnings or plans to change the mod team - as shown in this pm - as recently as one week before Axl's rant. The deceit and dishonesty in all of this are what bother me the most.

I have always been open and honest with forum members. I may not be perfect - but I've never lied.

I never censored published news and refused to take direction/orders from Beta & Co. I can't say the same for the current mod team.

Edited by madison

Yes, this pm just backs up everything I've said. There were no warnings or plans to change the mod team - as shown in this pm - as recently as one week before Axl's rant. The deceit and dishonesty in all of this are what bother me the most.

Why would Eric tell Bonham that he was planning to de-mod you?

Also I don't want to compare that forum to the workplace Maddy but in a job environment if you are planning on firing someone you are hardly going to discuss it with them before you do it. You don't say "Come in my office, by the way I am firing you next week so keep your head up." Which explains why Eric had no discussions with you about it before hand.

Also I don't want to compare that forum to the workplace Maddy but in a job environment if you are planning on firing someone you are hardly going to discuss it with them before you do it. You don't say "Come in my office, by the way I am firing you next week so keep your head up." Which explains why Eric had no discussions with you about it before hand.

in an ethical workplace the boss would approach the worker if they were unhappy enough with a certain aspect of their performance, so as to warrant firing. this happened to me and when i tried to have my say the boss lady refused to allow me to speak saying my opinion wasn't important because she was my boss and could do what she wanted. apparently she had discussed me with everyone except me and practically shoved me out the door. the way this went down was what cut me up the most, i didn't stand a chance though i knew full well the story had got screwed along the way.

Guest madison

Why would Eric tell Bonham that he was planning to de-mod you?

JB was asking if Gunsguy was going to be made a mod - he wasn't asking about me.

But Eric's reply was that the mod team was just fine and there were no plans for any changes or to add Gunsguy.

Yet, a week later, everything he said in that note had changed - and we all know why.

Also I don't want to compare that forum to the workplace Maddy but in a job environment if you are planning on firing someone you are hardly going to discuss it with them before you do it. ..

Actually, yes you do need to discuss any problems you have with an employee if you plan to fire them "for cause." Under U.S. law, you have to go through certain processes, where you tell the person in writing what they need to fix and give them a certain amount of time to fix the problems you identified. If you don't do that, you'll wind up with a huge lawsuit.

Anyway - this was a forum - not a workplace.

Eric and I were first and foremost - friends. I knew him better than anyone else on the forum - or at least I thought I did until he started taking orders from Beta/Axl. We talked on MSN and by phone on a regular basis for eight years. We saw many people come and go on the forum over the years, but the two of us were constant. I built his forum for him - and actually had to convince him on more than one occasion not to close the forum. (He got frustrated on several occasions when there was no news and little traffic and wanted to shut it because it wasn't making any money. I even offered to buy it from him because I didn't want it shut down. That's when he agreed to keep it open). .. So, any suggestions that Eric had been planning to remove me - without ever speaking to me about it - is ludicrous. I do know he was under a lot of pressure from Beta to remove me (because I refused to censor stuff when she asked) - I know this because of nasty pms she sent me. I just never thought in a million years he would sell out his soul and the one person who had stood by him all these years. Makes me sad - and speaks volumes about his character.

Edited by madison

JB was asking if Gunsguy was going to be made a mod - he wasn't asking about me.

But Eric's reply was that the mod team was just fine and there were no plans for any changes or to add Gunsguy.

Yet, a week later, everything he said in that note had changed - and we all know why.

Sounds to me like you're avoiding what I brought up. To me it seems like you're implying Eric would have told Bonham that changes were going to be made in the mod team and by not doing so it shows what he is like as a person. What it tells me is that he's smart enough not to go telling anyone about his decision because he knows it would cause a shit storm on the forum. Sounds like you're just using this to paint Eric in the way you want to paint him.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Sounds to me like you're avoiding what I brought up. To me it seems like you're implying Eric would have told Bonham that changes were going to be made in the mod team and by not doing so it shows what he is like as a person. What it tells me is that he's smart enough not to go telling anyone about his decision because he knows it would cause a shit storm on the forum. Sounds like you're just using this to paint Eric in the way you want to paint him.

He hardly avoided a shit storm by things going down the way they did. I'm not saying Eric should've said "OH BTW JOHN BONHAM I'M FIRING MADISON KTHNXBY", but there's a difference between simply saying "Gunsguy will not be made a moderator" and "There are absolutely no plans to change the staff". Perhaps there wasn't though, and it was all very sudden. It's possible even Eric didn't know what was going to happen.

That said, what's done is done.

He hardly avoided a shit storm by things going down the way they did. I'm not saying Eric should've said "OH BTW JOHN BONHAM I'M FIRING MADISON KTHNXBY", but there's a difference between simply saying "Gunsguy will not be made a moderator" and "There are absolutely no plans to change the staff". Perhaps there wasn't though, and it was all very sudden. It's possible even Eric didn't know what was going to happen.

Agreed, the whole way it went down was an absolute cluster fuck. But as you said, what's done is done. I think the whole thing is taken way too seriously by some, at times including myslef, it's just a forum after all.

What I find interesting now - Is when people get banned on MyGNR, they don't put "Banned" under that person's name.

Sorta like they are trying to keep it a secret or something.

Or instead of banning people they just take away posting priveleges indefinetely - which is the same thing.

But it just seems to be done in away thats dishonest (almost like a form of censorship) - like they don't want the users who are still there to know that certain members are no longer allowed to post.

Gestapo tactics.

Eric never said there were no plans to change the staff just that they weren't planning on adding anyone at that point. But as we all know how quickly things can change

Guest madison

I haven't avoided anything, my friend.

Why would Eric lie to Bonham and state the mod team was "fine," no changes were planned and that Gunsguy wouldn't be made a mod if he had this big plan underway to make huge changes and add GG to the mod team? Answer: He wouldn't. There were no big plans underway or changes in the works - as recently as one week before Axl's rant. It took Eric 13 hours - with the help of HV - to figure out how to write a post to explain the situation after he removed me as admin. If this had "long" been in the works, Eric would have had a post ready immediately. Clearly, he agreed to take orders from Beta/Axl while enjoying all his party passes, and then they selected the day to do it so that Axl could post his rant about it.

Also, the fact that Axl, Beta and Fernando were all on the forum when this happened speaks volumes. And nobody - including the deceitful HV - has ever been able to explain why Axl knew about me being removed as admin before I did - and before I was even removed. Why would Eric tell Axl about it? Does everyone think we checked in with Axl every time we made a change to the mod team? Ridiculous. It absolutely amazes me that anybody could believe the lies that HV tells to try to back up the dishonest and unethical way Eric has behaved.

Edited by madison

I haven't avoided anything, my friend.

Why would Eric lie to Bonham and state the mod team was "fine," no changes were planned and that Gunsguy wouldn't be made a mod if he had this big plan underway to make huge changes and add GG to the mod team? Answer: He wouldn't. There were no big plans underway or changes in the works - as recently as one week before Axl's rant.

He would. What positive outcome is achieved through telling someone who is well connected in the forum that he plans to de-mod someone, and not just any average mod, but you, the grand mummy of the forum? It would have eventually spread and come out ages before he wanted it to. Just because he didn't 'spill the beans' in a pm to someone doesn't mean the issue wasn't weighing on his mind.

It took Eric 13 hours - with the help of HV - to figure out how to write a post to explain the situation after he removed me as admin. If this had "long" been in the works, Eric would have had a post ready immediately.

HV said that Eric's grasp of English is poor so that would explain why it took so long, lets not also forget that the forum went into complete meltdown so he had to focus on that more than anything else. You're only assuming he would have had a statement already written. Perhaps he didn't realise how important you were to forum? Maybe he hoped people wouldn't catch on as soon as they did? Maybe he actually did have a pre-written statement but Axl's arrival and the chaos that came with it meant he had to hold off putting it out there because it could get buried or he simply didn't have time on account of trying to keep the forum up and running.

Clearly, he agreed to take orders from Beta/Axl while enjoying all his party passes, and then they selected the day to do it so that Axl could post his rant about it.

Also, the fact that Axl, Beta and Fernando were all on the forum when this happened speaks volumes. And nobody - including the deceitful HV - has ever been able to explain why Axl knew about me being removed as admin before I did - and before I was even removed. Why would Eric tell Axl about it?

It is perfectly plausible that Eric called up/emailed Beta just before he de-modded you to let her know because he was fully aware of the tension between you two. Beta tells Axl, Axl gets his laptop.

Not sure why I bothered saying all that because it won't change your mind in any way. Plus I'm not convinced by either the view I just put across or the one you put across. Too many things that neither of us know enough about to really form a solid and complete judgement; I just wanted to put forward another point of view. As I said earlier, it's only a forum, it's only the internet, so contrary to all I said I still find it kind of hard to get that involved in it, I suppose this is the outcome of a boring Sunday evening.

I don't think I ever had a problem being censored on MYGNR. I just come here because there is more reality and a lot of the posters there just annoy the F$ck out of me. I do have a warning status of 10%. Probably when I ripped Jarmo or something.

Guest madison

He would. What positive outcome is achieved through telling someone who is well connected in the forum that he plans to de-mod someone, and not just any average mod, but you, the grand mummy of the forum? ..

If there was some big change in the works - that he didn't want people to know - Eric simply would not have responded to the pm at all. This is how he always did things. In fact, the large majority of the pms he receives he doesn't respond to at all. I know this because I received countless pms over the years from people who had sent pms to Eric and didn't get an answer. So, I'd contact Eric on MSN to ask about the question they asked, and then he'd tell me the reason he didn't respond to them. So, it makes zero sense that he would respond to JB's question about Gunsguy just so that he could blatantly lie to him because of this "big mastermind plan" in the works. It's quite silly to even consider this scenario if you know how Eric works.

.. HV said that Eric's grasp of English is poor so that would explain why it took so long ..

But this just further backs up my point that this was not planned out in advance.

Over the years, Eric and I always wrote out posts well in advance of any major changes we were making to the forum - so that we could post them as soon as the changes were made. We never enacted a change - and then tried to think up a way to explain it after it was done. Never.

Not only that - but I tried phoning Eric right after this happened for an explanation, and he wouldn't pick up the phone to talk to me to explain himself. What kind of a person does that? I had stood by him and built his forum for eight years - and he didn't even have the decency and integrity to talk to me to explain himself. Instead, he spent the next 13 hours trying to figure how write a post to explain his behavior - without telling everybody that Axl ordered him to do it.

.. It is perfectly plausible that Eric called up/emailed Beta just before he de-modded you to let her know because he was fully aware of the tension between you two. ..

No, this isn't plausible at all, my friend.

When I was admin, we never took orders or instructions from Beta & Co. Never.

There was no reason in the world for him to tell Beta and Axl unless they had ordered it.

Edited by madison