Sign in to follow this  
carne_asada

Been almost 2 years since the Dexter visits.

It was definitely cool, however fleeting. A lot was said in those chats that never came to pass, like the next album, the Better video, and the videos he said they were "writing". Shame. I'm sure Axl would like us to forget a lot of what he said.

I'm not sure what he was on when he decided to do that, but I wish he'd take it more often. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what he was on when he decided to do that, but I wish he'd take it more often. :thumbsup:

I think Axl don't "decided" to do that. People were bashing Fernando, he probably called Axl, or Axl was already there with him, and asked to type some stuff...

I bet he enters mygnr everyday dude.

It was definitely cool, however fleeting. A lot was said in those chats that never came to pass, like the next album, the Better video, and the videos he said they were "writing". Shame. I'm sure Axl would like us to forget a lot of what he said.

I'll give you the "Better" video, but how do we prove or disprove treatments for music videos were ever written? And, there was hardly anything definitive said about a new album.

That being said, I do wish he would do it more often. At least start tweeting again.

Ali

I'll give you the "Better" video, but how do we prove or disprove treatments for music videos were ever written? And, there was hardly anything definitive said about a new album.

That being said, I do wish he would do it more often. At least start tweeting again.

Ali

:shock: Come on. He said TONS about the next album, even talking about his favorite songs, listing a bunch of possible tracks, and hinting at a Fall 2009 release. The way he bats away talk about the next album now, you'd think it never existed nor did he hype his fans about it. Both are true.

I put the word "writing" in quotes for a reason. That's because during the chats that's exactly what Axl said was being done. He said they were "writing" ideas for other videos in addition to the Better video which was then due out "in a week or so."

Ali

:shock: Come on. He said TONS about the next album, even talking about his favorite songs, listing a bunch of possible tracks, and hinting at a Fall 2009 release. The way he bats away talk about the next album now, you'd think it never existed nor did he hype his fans about it. Both are true.

I put the word "writing" in quotes for a reason. That's because during the chats that's exactly what Axl said was being done. He said they were "writing" ideas for other videos in addition to the Better video which was then due out "in a week or so."

He said some things about other material. He said that he thinks of Chinese as a double album, but never made any confirmation of any release. The "same bat time, same bat channel" thing to me was more tongue in cheek than anything. He asked for a list of rumored track names and then confirmed them, never saying specifically that they would be on the next album. He said "Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles". He talked about "Soul Monster" as his favorite song, but that did that necessarily mean that a release was imminent? Not to me.

In fact, he specifically said "For now we'll concentrate and keep our focus on this album ". So, it's really up to you as to what you will focus on. Personally, history taught me to not take his comments to mean anything about the imminence about another album release. But, I can see how any discussion of a new album would stoke the fires of curiosity.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Personally, history taught me to not take his comments to mean anything

Ali

Agreed with this part.

Guest madison

Personally, history taught me to not take his comments to mean anything

Ali

Agreed with this part.

+2

When Chicken Dinner/Shackler's Revenge leaked in August 2007, MSL said that the "Big 3" forums were promised online chats with Axl in return for banning MSL and keeping a lid on the leaks.

MSL said that in August 2008.

When the chats happened in December - I always assumed that what MSL said was true.

When Chicken Dinner/Shackler's Revenge leaked in August 2007, MSL said that the "Big 3" forums were promised online chats with Axl in return for banning MSL and keeping a lid on the leaks.

When the chats happened in December - I always assumed that what MSL said was true.

Not to be an asshole.....Shackler's was leaked in August 2008.

Not to be an asshole.....Shackler's was leaked in August 2008.

I have to agree. If their intent was to stop the trafficking of leaks on the message boards, other than Jarmo's Axl Rose fan-site, they failed miserably.

Guest madison

I think MSL is being a little overly-dramatic. I never heard any such promise.

Also, MSL was never banned from mygnr. Someone had accidentally suspended his posting privileges, but when I found out, I restored them immediately - which was within hours of it happening.

Edited by madison

Guest madison

I have to agree. If their intent was to stop the trafficking of leaks on the message boards, other than Jarmo's Axl Rose fan-site, they failed miserably.

I've always thought the first few leaks - the IRS track on the Eddie Trunk show and its subsequent leak afterwards on the Net - were carefully planned with the knowledge of the GNR camp. Even Axl made jokes about it at the live shows with this reference to the downloaders when fans were singing along to CD songs.

Now, I do think they wanted control over what was leaked and when - and I don't think they wanted the entire album leaked, which is sort of what happened with Skwerl's leaks. But I do think the early leaks were strategically planned. I mean, after the Eddie Trunk leak, the forums went crazy - I had never seen that much enthusiasm among fans before - or even since - that original leak. It's a shame Axl didn't build on that momentum and release the album at that time - instead of doing nothing for another couple of years while that momentum died.

I've always thought the first few leaks - the IRS track on the Eddie Trunk show and its subsequent leak afterwards on the Net - were carefully planned with the knowledge of the GNR camp. Even Axl made jokes about it at the live shows with this reference to the downloaders when fans were singing along to CD songs.

Now, I do think they wanted control over what was leaked and when - and I don't think they wanted the entire album leaked, which is sort of what happened with Skwerl's leaks. But I do think the early leaks were strategically planned. I mean, after the Eddie Trunk leak, the forums went crazy - I had never seen that much enthusiasm among fans before - or even since - that original leak. It's a shame Axl didn't build on that momentum and release the album at that time - instead of doing nothing for another couple of years while that momentum died.

Agreed. I am absolutely 100% convinced that Better, TWAT, and IRS were strategically leaked in February of 2006. I think it's just eirie that they decided to whip out the very songs that leaked during the first shows of and throughout the 2006 world tour.

I think the argument that "Well, maybe they just decided to play what they knew was already out." is absolutely ludicrous, as this would only perpetuate the desire to download the studio versions of these songs. Anyone who doesn't see that is high.

It's completely obvious that Axl was testing the waters with these leaks, and through playing them live on the subsequent tour.

That said, I believe the Kevin Skwerl leaks in mid 2008 were released without Axl's knowledge. How they got in his possession is still the million dollar question. ;)

Edited by sofine11

Agreed. I am absolutely 100% convinced that Better, TWAT, and IRS were strategically leaked in February of 2006. I think it's just eirie that they decided to whip out the very songs that leaked during the first shows of and throughout the 2006 world tour.

I think the argument that "Well, maybe they just decided to play what they knew was already out." is absolutely ludicrous, as this would only perpetuate the desire to download the studio versions of these songs. Anyone who doesn't see that is high.

It's completely obvious that Axl was testing the waters with these leaks, and through playing them live on the subsequent tour.

That said, I believe the Kevin Skwerl leaks in mid 2008 were released without Axl's knowledge. How they got in his possession is still the million dollar question. ;)

He knows someone in Universal. Thats how he got the tracks.