• Mster Of Puppets
    • ...And Justice For All
    • Metallica
    • Load
    • Reload
    • St. Anger
    • Death Magnetic

8 minutes ago, auad said:

There’s a official “Metallica thread” in this forum.

Why another?

Geez 🙄

Metallica is an objectively better band than Guns N' Roses.

Lightning 

master 

kill em

Justice

Lost interest after that. Either outgrew their style or they lost the magic from those first four amazing albums. 

I always liked Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lighting the best. But I chose Kill 'Em All. I don't know I just like it even though I do like Mechanix more than The Four Horseman.

17 hours ago, Miser said:

Metallica is an objectively better band than Guns N' Roses.

This the whole planet already knows. I agree, and we already talked about it in the official Metallica topic here in this forum.

Hey @John Bonham...merge this thread into:

if possible.

@Miser about your "question", my opinion:

To the general public, the best Metallica album is and always will be the Black Album.

For trash metal audiences, the best Metallica album is and will always be the Master of Puppets.

That's what there is!

Edited by auad

11 hours ago, wasted said:

Death Magnetic is the only one I ever listened to multiple times. It became my friend. 

I like That Was Just Your Life and a few others. it's a retro Metallica record. The Day That Never Come is also quite nice. it's not a bad record. I even appreciate ST. Anger. Frentic is cool.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

I like That Was Just Your Life and a few others. it's a retro Metallica record. The Day That Never Come is also quite nice. it's not a bad record. I even appreciate ST. Anger. Frentic is cool.

St Anger was great. At least it was something different. Invisible Kid. 

I liked the albumness of DM. It was really like a summary of all their old stuff. All Nightmare Long is great. I just bought into the whole concept and theme of Death Magnetic. It’s like their Back in Black to me. It’s heavy but kind of focused with a pop sensibility. It’s like Hail to the Thief  by Radiohead, not really the groundbreaking album but everything they do well but more accessible for casual fans. 

14 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

Holy octoshitposting Batman!

:lolzers:

Hi Doctor! You can do better for sure!

2 hours ago, Doctor Dom said:

Metallica lost whatever they had after Load/Reload...everything after that is basically shite.

Hardwired has some great songs. Including Spit Out The Bone, one of the best songs they've had in a long damn time

Metallica's first 5 albums are good.  Everything else is shit.  Maybe Death Magnetic and the other one have some passable stuff on them.  

But when you listen to Megadeth, you really hear how much more talent Dave Mustaine had than Metallica.  The time signature changes, the intricacy of the licks and riffs.  After listening to Megadeth, Metallica sounds a little more watered down and basic.  Not trying to start a Megatallica debate, but just saying, Mustaine's musicality was the highest of the original Metallica members.  

24 minutes ago, popcorn's snare said:

Metallica's first 5 albums are good.  Everything else is shit.  Maybe Death Magnetic and the other one have some passable stuff on them.  

But when you listen to Megadeth, you really hear how much more talent Dave Mustaine had than Metallica.  The time signature changes, the intricacy of the licks and riffs.  After listening to Megadeth, Metallica sounds a little more watered down and basic.  Not trying to start a Megatallica debate, but just saying, Mustaine's musicality was the highest of the original Metallica members.  

I Agree.

Edited by auad