Sign in to follow this  
EstrangedTWAT

The HOARDING thread...

Before I left mygnr, I came across an interesting thread about what is or is not still out there in the hands of those nameless faceless hoarders. Those bastards that have stuff we've never heard and refuse to share, and supposedly all live in South America.

Some really interesting info came from a poster named "theL" and then he seemingly disappeared. I am not "theL" by the way. I have no idea who he was but he seemed to really know what he was talking about. He didn't claim to have any of it, or even have heard it, but he seemed to KNOW about it...

Here's the cut and pasted interesting part of the thread:

"most hoarded which only a handful have and know about:

- this i love demo late 1993 or early 1994 (only piano and axl), sounds fantastic with axls illusions tour voice, can hear the inflicted pain by steph is still very fresh. in 1 live take, no editing or any other studio fiddling, as raw as it gets but still high quality (similar to yesterdays in bar with arkeen).

- 2 rehearsals gnr 1995 (studio quality, one is 2 hours and 14 mins, other almost 3 hours, trying new songs, playing old ones like double talking jive, my michelle, perfect crime, talking in between especially slash and duff and tweaking set up, axl not present so all instrumental although duff and matt try sometimes)

- 2 versions of catcher with brian may, both high quality, solos a bit different in places on one. both shit all over the CD version.

- 'checkmate' in full. raunchy fast rocker from same source as hi quality catchers. if that short clip wasnt released by the attention whore in that way, the entire song would have been leaked with the others and it would have been on the album.

- 2 versions of 'atlas shrugged' in full with brian may, classic mix of illusions gnr and 70s queen. same source catchers.

- vma full soundcheck video, performance is much better than what everyone saw live on mtv.

- 1994, slash and axl arguing for 7 minutes and 32 seconds, recorded in a studio/rehearsal area 'by accident'. in short axl tells slash he isnt contributing any quality and should take this more serious, slash says he thinks his stuff rocked but not now after the changes in the arrangement.... door slams very hard, exit axl. slash laughs together with someone else in the room."

So...anybody heard any of this stuff? Even better....anybody GOT any and want to share it with the rest of us?

That original TIL sounds like a real gem....I'd love to hear that! And of course Atlas and Catcher with Brian May.....man....why didn't that stuff leak like the rest of it did?

If I remember, theL had little to no credibily, but it still makes for interesting rumours and theories.

- this i love demo late 1993 or early 1994 (only piano and axl), sounds fantastic with axls illusions tour voice, can hear the inflicted pain by steph is still very fresh. in 1 live take, no editing or any other studio fiddling, as raw as it gets but still high quality (similar to yesterdays in bar with arkeen).

I've heard about this. I'm friend of the representative of BaldFreak in Brazil, she's a close friend of Bumblefoot and got backstage for the whole Brazilian Tour this year. Before that, she was a Bumblefoot fan and friend for a long time, if I'm not mistaken, even before he joined Guns N' Roses. This is confirmed by Ron, what comes next, which is about the This I Love Piano Only version, is what I don't know if it's true....She told she used to date a person from the Guns N' Roses staff and that person once showed her this version. I've never heard about that before, but she said it's beatiful, she also said that she heard some parts of an acoustic Better.

A piano version only of This I Love sounds intriguing, especially if from the mid 90's era. Whether or not it really exists who knows. People like to hoard.

I've told this story before, but circa 1990 this kid I knew had a GNR bootleg cassette called .44 Calibre. He refused to make a copy of it for me. It had the piano only and acoustic version of November Rain on it - and this is before UYI came out. So, one day when I saw nobody was home at his house I entered his home, took the cassette back to my house - copied it, and then returned it back into his house before they got home. Yeah, he was hoarding and I took matters into my own hands.

Edited by SONOFABITCH

Awesome! If only there was a way we could do that with whatever rare MP3s are out there...

I wonder if that's the same bootleg I have....mine was on vinyl....DOUBLE VINYL actually, and it was called .44 Caliber Horticulture.

It had a bunch of Appetite demos, including the two versions of November Rain, and it also had the CBGBs show with One in a Million, and it had the stuff from the Live From the Jungle EP.

None of that stuff is particularly rare, in fact, it's all super common stuff, but I still think it's cool to have a bootleg on vinyl. I got it over ten years ago from this record store that was going out of business and it was marked down from like $50 to maybe $10 or so....so at the time it was quite a steal. Not quite as much like stealing as how YOU got it though!

A piano version only of This I Love sounds intriguing, especially if from the mid 90's era. Whether or not it really exists who knows. People like to hoard.

I've told this story before, but circa 1990 this kid I knew had a GNR bootleg cassette called .44 Calibre. He refused to make a copy of it for me. It had the piano only and acoustic version of November Rain on it - and this is before UYI came out. So, one day when I saw nobody was home at his house I entered his home, to the cassette back to my house - copied it, and then returned it back into his house before they got home. Yeah, he was hoarding and I took matters into my own hands.

People like to hoard everything. I don't know why...

My Math teacher once told me that he knew an Engineer from USP (biggest university in brazil) who was developing with his team a brand new method to solve huge systems of equations that would take you several minutes using the regular methods in just one or two minutes. The enginner solved a big system of equations and showed to my teacher, when my teacher asked him to teach it, he simply said "No".

This don't actually bring anything to our discussion but I think it is shows that people have some kind of pleasure in hoarding things, whatever it is...

Well, about Checkmate... there's a muddy phone recording with the same quality of the 1st catcher leak, and a better quality one.

Edited by ManetsBR

Strangely enough, I think that muddy lo-fi quality is what gave Catcher it's 1970's AM radio vibe.....I missed it on the album version. Wasn't the same.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! What a laugh! You have no idea

I seriously doubt you do either.

Some of that stuff, if true, does sound pretty incredible, especially the stripped down This I Love.

General question, if you had a choice between one of those songs or the Axl and Slash argument, what would you pick?

Some of that stuff, if true, does sound pretty incredible, especially the stripped down This I Love.

General question, if you had a choice between one of those songs or the Axl and Slash argument, what would you pick?

The Argument thing is false, the this i love thing is false as well...

AndreCC is really bringing this thread down. At least there is substance behind the other stories. Atlas Shrugged sounds the most appealing. The slash-axl tape sounds like tabloid trash and seems ridiculous to be hoarded.

We really need to root out Fernando's little Portugal buddy. Just send a TM led duo over there. Turn the inner-detective of TM loose and see some good-cop bad-cop shit.

You have about as much credibility as the guy who started this rumour. I think you should hush up.

You have about as much credibility as the guy who started this rumour. I think you should hush up.

Exactly.

Because that "legit" clip of Estranged you posted fooled everyone didn't it Andre?

That was just a tip for people to bite.

You're extremely stupid if you believe there is a recording of Axl's arguing with Slash for example...

Believe what you will, i dont care.

I know the guy from Portugal, im from Portugal as well.

His name is Lourenço and he's not hard to find. The guy even has his iphone id splashed on the internet.

Edited by AndreCC

What we really need is to find out who supplied MSL with The Blues, IRS, Chinese Democracy and TWAT back in 2007.

We know that the person/s involved were from Portugal and from what I understand if MSL had held out, we might've gotten more leaks (allegedly)

So it stands to reason that if we find this person, we have a rabbit trail

What we really need is to find out who supplied MSL with The Blues, IRS, Chinese Democracy and TWAT back in 2007.

We know that the person/s involved were from Portugal and from what I understand if MSL had held out, we might've gotten more leaks (allegedly)

Ask Andre.

Ask Andre.

Ill trade the portuguese guy contact with card5777's email address. He used to go to mygnr a lot, so probably some of you may know him

There is a photo of Slash and Axl in a heated argument which Axl tried to take hence a rip on it.

If there was an argument during jam sessions which if we are being honest there probably were there is a chance there is a recording of it.

Help me, ill help you

Help him get that fake "The General" clip?

That was just me messing around, i would have to be stupid to claim something from youtube was mine...if i wasnt joking.

I can help whoever helps me, its up to you guys...

Ask Andre.

Ill trade the portuguese guy contact with card5777's email address. He used to go to mygnr a lot, so probably some of you may know him

I remember that you claimed that card5777 is not a real hoarder after you tried to get songs from him... But I don't know what to think about this guy beacause I had a conversation with him last year and he seemed legit. He told me that the number of people with unheard songs is between 15-20 and the unheard material ranges so much that CD was most consistent album that Axl could make. "If ever made another with material he has now, don't expect it to flow very well. Some of it sounds like the 70's then it goes all the way threw to songs like silkworms." He also stated that the beaven produced album was more of a grunge tone and Axl did the industrial album before that. Dozens of these industrial songs were canned. He said there are at least 30 songs that are almost done that Axl never plans to realease and hundreds of clips or ideas.