John Bonham

What Are You Listening II

The Strokes are one of my favorite bands that I've never had a chance to see live.  I'd like to, but they actually sound exactly the same live as they do on their records and their stage presence is kinda weak.  And it would kinda suck to see them 20 years after they were the new hot shit.

But they have a new album and this is the first single.  I think it's too long, slow, and boring....but Julian's voice sounds great, so maybe it'll grow on me.

I got an email about the new Strokes Song. I saw saw them open for GNR. It was when they got moved from the indie stage to the main stage at a festival. Think Julian had a broken leg so he sat down for the show. Prodigy, Strokes and GNR. 

Been listening to The Replacements, and I'm loving it. Tried it a few years ago but it didn't click, now it did.

I'm a fan of the joyful sound/melodramatic lyrics combo, and was quite tired of The Stone Roses.

Makes me happy to be alive.

Sunday Morning by the Velvet Underground. I have always imagined that the sound of this song must be exactly how heroin feels when you inject it into your bloodstream.