John Bonham

What Are You Listening II

November 1991, co-founder and main creative force of the world's biggest rock band by the time, Izzy Stradlin has left his band, Guns n Roses. W. Axl Rose has never found anyone to replace him althought he changed a dozen of guitarist in last 25 years. Since Izzy left the band GnR haven't recorded a hit song and pretty much up to these very days sell tickets upon the greatness of the songs Izzy Stradlin wrote, while he was in the charge of the band!  

I have occasionally been taken to task in these pages for my use of the word “essential”

with regard to music which has really impressed me. It is, of course, a subjective view on
my part and I am open to the idea that one man’s meat can sometimes be another man’s
poison. I do not use the word lightly but am about to employ it once again in connection with
Rosalia Vila’s debut album Los Angeles and hope that you may follow my lead and listen
to it because it is very beautiful indeed; an extraordinary first-showing in every possible way.

Ms Villa is a young flamenco singer from Barcelona; one of the best I have ever heard. She
has an extraordinary voice; the sort of voice which, once experienced, cannot be forgotten.
Her performances are a kind of balancing act, poised brilliantly between tradition and something
far more fresh and contemporary. She is breathing new air into an age-old form and technique.
It’s not just the exquisite line she weaves through every song, it’s about the passion as well; in
some moments incandescently raw; in others remarkably restrained and breathtakingly tender.

There are twelve numbers in the collection; each one a radiant gem of refined musical erudition.

I’ll mention two : opening track ‘Si Tu Supieras Compañero’ - half whispered prayer, half heart
ablaze and ‘Te Venero’ - a sublime composition with an ancient soul pulsing in its blood and bones.

Trust me here. This is a truly wonderful album.

Edited by axlfan88

Listening to Cardi B. The Bitch raps about niggas and bitches the same way NIggas rap about bitches and niggas. RESPECT. This is probably the best single I have heard in at least a few years:

On 9/28/2018 at 9:42 PM, sixes said:

Heard the new Satan album?

Yeah Cruel Magic is quite good.

I've got the new album from VOLA on repeat. This band is fantastic, they've yet to release a bad album or EP. This one's definitely not as heavy as their first album "Inmazes" but it's a good progression, I'm especially loving the mellow tracks like "Ruby Pool".