inthisriver

MAN OF STEEL (2012)

Explain to me how superman is any more "one-dimensional" than any other superhero. Besides, Captain America is by far the most one-dimensional superhero and his movies are arguably the best in the recent capeshit empire.

2 minutes ago, magisme said:

Explain to me how superman is any more "one-dimensional" than any other superhero. Besides, Captain America is by far the most one-dimensional superhero and his movies are arguably the best in the recent capeshit empire.

his name is superman for fuck sakes

he's big and strong and flies and has a secret identity and can only be killed by a mcguffin rock

sure you can jazz it up with grimdark shit all you want but at the end of the day it's fucking superman and it's ridiculous

for the record, i agree with you on captain america, very shit character. the MCU did the best they could with him. he's barely in my favorite - Infinity War

other superheros get killed in most of their movies and never have secret identities? that and you don't like the name, right? that's what you're going with.

he's basic as fuck

spider-man is a nerd with money problems

iron man is an alcoholic playboy

hulk is a scientist with anger problems

batman is a billionaire detective with no actual superpowers

what is superman

big strong alien man

SHIT

he's a small town farm boy who also happens to be the most powerful being in the universe, one of a few of his kind from a planet that has been destroyed, sorry he doesn't have much more serious problems like anger, alcohol, and sex

The Incredible Hulk tv show with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno > any superhero show or movie since

4 minutes ago, magisme said:

he's a small town farm boy who also happens to be the most powerful being in the universe, one of a few of his kind from a planet that has been destroyed, sorry he doesn't have much more serious problems like anger, alcohol, and sex

just a shit version of goku

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

fun fact - the reason Toriyama made Super Saiyan hair white was so he'd stop having to ink Goku's hair :lol:

tl;dr me on dragon ball z

16 minutes ago, magisme said:

tl;dr me on dragon ball z

Every anime stereotype originate from Dragon Ball Z. 

Weak protagonist has battles with absurdly, overpowered villains. Takes one hundred and fifty episodes to beat the villain. 

Then take that storyline and repeat it a thousand times. 

Superman was created by two Jewish men in Cleveland in 1938.

If you don't like Superman, you are LITERALLY HITLER and an anti-semite racist and need to be CANCELED like, NOW.

But for real though, ALL comics creators were Jews back in the old days.

im not a fan of the superhero movies.......X Men movies were trash imo,Dark Knight was the only good one in the Batman trilogy,i dont care for Iron man and Spiderman with Tobey Magure was average.

The FOX Kids  Spiderman animated tv show from the 90s is in my top 10 favourite shows ever

Batman Vs Superman was a 3 hour movie that had a 5 minute fight between Batman & Superman, don't title the movie like that because that's bullshit. I honestly thought this movie ended up like Spiderman 3, you get a shitty third act with Doomsday (like Sandman in Spiderman 3) and end up with 50 things going on at once, Jesse Eisenburg sucked as Lex Luthor...hell the guy from Smallville can play him miles better. A total missed opportunity. 

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Superman was created by two Jewish men in Cleveland in 1938.

If you don't like Superman, you are LITERALLY HITLER and an anti-semite racist and need to be CANCELED like, NOW.

But for real though, ALL comics creators were Jews back in the old days.

Lmao!! LITERALLY 🤣

24 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

the guy from Smallville can play him miles better

Michael Ronsebaum was the perfect Lex Luthor indeed. Can't believe current Lex on CW is Alan Harper from Two and a Half Men.

Jon Cryer is Luthor now, not his idiot nephew like in Superman IV?   I liked that guy.   He was funny and stupid in an otherwise unwatchable move.

45 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

hell the guy from Smallville can play him miles better. A total missed opportunity. 

10 years ago i was obsessed with Smallville....Erica Durance was so hot :wub:

11 minutes ago, november snow said:

10 years ago i was obsessed with Smallville....Erica Durance was so hot :wub:

Seriously. Erica and Kristin Kreuk were freaking hot. I'd bang Chloe as well but she's kinda spooky with that whole cult thing.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Seriously. Erica and Kristin Kreuk were freaking hot. I'd bang Chloe as well but she's kinda spooky with that whole cult thing.

The cult thing makes her hotter