inthisriver

MAN OF STEEL (2012)

9 minutes ago, maynard said:

Which is a good thing.

Zack says we've seen 1/4 of his work so it's basically a whole new movie and there might be additional scenes filmed in 2020/2021.

Why? This is a cool thing. Fanbase fighting for (including raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for suicide prevention charities) something and the execs finally bending to it? It is an unprecedent cool thing  to happen. Were you annoyed by the fans? By the hashtag? I see no legit reason for desiring this project to be shit. It is one of the coolest things to happen in pop-culture in quite some time. But you do you I guess.

Relax man I'm on your side here. This is awesome for Zack, for the film industry and for fans in general as I've been saying. That they're releasing the cut that was rejected by shit studio heads is great. I just have to get my jabs in on the DC EU whenever possible.

Only on HBO Max huh?

I believe rarbg and pirate bay might have a thing or two to say about that.

Cause that's how I'm gonna watch it.

(PS......in case you missed the subtlety, I'm going to download it and watch it for free!!!  Fuck you HBO!)

I'll agree with you on this one.   I think he's composed some really cool shots and sequences here and there, (the opening credits for Watchmen are totally awesome) but he's never delivered a satisfying MOVIE.

Man of steel is aboslute trash,the only Superman that i like is the first movie with Reeve and the TV show Lois and Clarke form the early 90s 

Justice League is a Frankenmovie, fine. Batman v. Superman is unfocused + Eisenshit + not a great job with Doomsday, fine. But what's the complaint about Man of Steel?

He didn't tell him to stop because he thought Clark couldn't do it. He told him to stop because he thought the world would have a meltdown and persecute Clark if they knew. It was a running plotline. Totally legit.

Welp. There's plenty of people who don't like Chocolate Ice Cream either.  I definitely dig Man of Steel and BvS and am pretty stoked about seeing this too!!

It's going to be a completely different film.  Whether or not you like, hey who gives a fuck.  But it will be interesting and unprecedented to say the least.  We're not talking changing a few things.  It's gonna be a complete overhaul.  It may not be great, but it will be better than what we got.

9 hours ago, magisme said:

He didn't tell him to stop because he thought Clark couldn't do it. He told him to stop because he thought the world would have a meltdown and persecute Clark if they knew. It was a running plotline. Totally legit.

lol, i haven't even seen the movie, i just posted the meme i've been seeing on /tv/ since 2009

hilarious that DC capeshit has its own GNFNR defense contingent just because it's not marvel though

Superman 3 was a good movie.  I may start a thread about it.  Richard Pryor as a computer programmer.  Kryptonite missing an ingredient causing Superman to become corrupted instead of weakened.  Giant computer at the end vs Superman.  It was fucking terrible, but it was also fucking great. 

Before everyone sucked Marvel's dick, it was Superman and Batman, and then Batman again that raked in the cash.  Don't get me wrong, I like Marvel's stuff.  Except Captain Marvel.  That sucked.  But Marvel had a fantastic 4 movie made just for a tax write off (or something) and also had Captain America with fake rubber ears. 

the real problem with man of steel, batman vs superman and justice league isn't DC, joss whedon or warner bros, it's Superman

Superman is a boring, one-dimensional character that only boomers enjoy

They might as well be trying to make serious gritty Flash Gordon movies

They guy that plays Superman in the new stuff is a charisma black hole. 

And the character is boring as shit. 

It needs a complete revamp. 

On 5/22/2020 at 8:24 PM, Dr. Strangelove said:

the real problem with man of steel, batman vs superman and justice league isn't DC, joss whedon or warner bros, it's Superman

Superman is a boring, one-dimensional character that only boomers enjoy

They might as well be trying to make serious gritty Flash Gordon movies

how many of those have you seen?

Just now, magisme said:

how many of those have you seen?

i watched batman v superman start to finish 2 years ago and thought it was alright

superman a shit

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

i watched batman v superman start to finish 2 years ago and thought it was alright

superman a shit

In the words of the great bacardimayne, may he RPI...

Into The Trash It Goes - Imgflip

1 minute ago, magisme said:

In the words of the great bacardimayne, may he RPI...

Into The Trash It Goes - Imgflip

so a 3 hour blockbuster isn't enough to gain a sense of the character? i have to watch the entire cinematic universe before i can have an opinion? want me to watch shitzam too?