inthisriver

MAN OF STEEL (2012)

3 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

o director's cut with deleted footage could possibly save that abortion of a film.

Yeah but that's because Whedon basically remade the entire thing and turned it into shit. Zack's cut is an entire different movie.

If the execs or test audiences didn't like it, there's an enormous chance it's a very good movie.

It would take one HELL of an amount of footage.

Besides.....some of the worst parts of the movie can't be changed.   Khal Drogo was terrible as Aquaman.   Cyborg was a complete waste of screen time.   And the retarded sperg that played Flash with his ugly suit with ridiculous stray lines all over it is gonna be in it too.

Not to mention the single most lifeless and dull and worthless CGI villain of all time......how is Snyder gonna change any of that?   Sure there will be less stupid humor, but all of those shit elements remain.

Oh, fuck, you woke up the bear cuz this is kind of my thing...

In early 2017 Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide during post production on Justice League and he had to step away to be with his family.  Warner Bros. used this as an opportunity to bring in Joss Whedon, hot off Avengers 1 & 2 to rewrite and reshoot a good 80% of the film to make it lighter and funnier in the wake of the criticism of Man of Steel and BvS got for being too dark and nihilistic, which is something I actually really dug about them. 

The result was a weird Frankenmovie that was rushed into theaters in 2017, with a studio mandated runtime of only 2 hrs, all while Snyder's originally shot, much more serious movie, sat in the WB vault for nearly 3 years. 

After fan pressure, it's finally getting released the way it was originally intended to be seen. It's runtime is an estimated 4 whopping hours long, and will likely be release as a mini series due to the titanic run time.  

As a fan of Man of Steel and BvS, I'm pretty stoked.

2 minutes ago, magisme said:

I liked Cyborg. I thought he should have been featured more. :shrugs:

Same...His whole story arch was cut from the theatrical cut.  You'll see a lot more of him in Zack Snyder's Justice League on HBOmax.

15 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Warner brought Joss Whedon in to fuck with Zack's movie in response to the success of Avengers and the relative failure of the "dark" DC universe. The result is apparently a shit movie that's all over the place in terms of tone. People want the original cut by Zack Snyder that was in line with the darker shit and not Marvelled up by Joss.

lmao

So we have a bunch of morons fighting over which director is slightly less shitty.

A

M

A

Z

I

N

G

Oh,  I'll watch it for sure....just not sure there's anything that can be done about that autistic nightmare that played Flash, wearing one of the worst cinematic super hero costumes of all time.

A lot of people loved Batfleck, but I had a hard time, cause I LOVED the suit....but all I saw was Ben Affleck, not Bruce Wayne.   I think using relative unknowns like Cavill was the way to go.   I think he made an excellent looking Superman.   I especially loved how stoic/conflicted he looked in the trailers for MoS.

1 minute ago, arnold layne said:

lmao

So we have a bunch of morons fighting over which director is slightly less shitty.

A

M

A

Z

I

N

G

4225jp.jpg

23 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Oh,  I'll watch it for sure....just not sure there's anything that can be done about that autistic nightmare that played Flash, wearing one of the worst cinematic super hero costumes of all time.

A lot of people loved Batfleck, but I had a hard time, cause I LOVED the suit....but all I saw was Ben Affleck, not Bruce Wayne.   I think using relative unknowns like Cavill was the way to go.   I think he made an excellent looking Superman.   I especially loved how stoic/conflicted he looked in the trailers for MoS.

Awwe I liked Ezra Miller as Flash haha. Hopefully he's a little more digestable for you in the Snyder cut.

I'm pretty sure all the extreme goofiness of the Flash was Joss's idea. He is supposed to be the more light-hearted character in ZS's cut but I doubt he would be that stupid. Just knowing the Whedonesque jokes won't be there is evidence enough.

18 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Lipstick on a pig. Turd polishing

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Snyder is a somewhat respected director and people want his version to see the light of the day for that reason. Like, yeah it probably still won't be good, but at least we can see what the original idea was before executives hit the abort button.

I despised the living fuck out of Justice League but I'm sure I'll despise the Snyder cut less.

Fuck Joss Whedon, that creepy ass faux-feminist ginge.  I hate Hollywood "nice guys" that are the biggest predators of all cause they never even got a whiff of pussy in high school; yet are the loudest voices on social media to REPEKT ALL WAHMENNNNN.     Hypocrite cunt.    His TV and movies suck too.

Just now, EstrangedTWAT said:

I despised the living fuck out of Justice League but I'm sure I'll despise the Snyder cut less.

Fuck Joss Whedon, that creepy ass faux-feminist ginge.  I hate Hollywood "nice guys" that are the biggest predators of all cause they never even got a whiff of pussy in high school; yet are the loudest voices on social media to REPEKT ALL WAHMENNNNN.     Hypocrite cunt.    His TV and movies suck too.

"The Avengers" is one of the best capeshit movies ever made.

It was a pure thrill, just a childlike wonder to see Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk, in real (or CGI) life, on the big screen, interacting with each other.   Just something I never thought possible when I was a kid.  And they looked GOOD.   No lame ass spandex suits or anything.

But for me, once the thrill of seeing them wore off, I noticed how paper-thin the plot was.

I'm a much bigger fan of the characters and the character interaction than all the CGI fights and aliens and Macguffins and shit.

In all the Avengers movies, my very favorite scene is the party they have at the beginning of Age of Ultron where they're just drinking, shooting the shit, being themselves.  Tony and Thor arguing over whose girlfriend is better.   Cap trying to life Thor's hammer.   That's the shit I like.   The human stuff.

I'm a crusty old shit.  I get tired of CGI battle after CGI battle.  It all looks like video games.  None of it has any weight to it or any stakes and none of it looks real. 

Remember that scene in "That Dark Knight" where it was shot in the skyscrapers of Shanghai or something?  That was cool....cause they were really up there.  Gave me that ball tingling feeling you get when you're too high in a building looking down.   I think the brain can usually tell the difference between stuff that was shot for real and CGI, which are just cartoons.

Still....some wonderful characterization in ALL the Avengers movies so I give those moments props.

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

It was a pure thrill, just a childlike wonder to see Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk, in real (or CGI) life, on the big screen, interacting with each other.   Just something I never thought possible when I was a kid.  And they looked GOOD.   No lame ass spandex suits or anything.

But for me, once the thrill of seeing them wore off, I noticed how paper-thin the plot was.

I'm a much bigger fan of the characters and the character interaction than all the CGI fights and aliens and Macguffins and shit.

In all the Avengers movies, my very favorite scene is the party they have at the beginning of Age of Ultron where they're just drinking, shooting the shit, being themselves.  Tony and Thor arguing over whose girlfriend is better.   Cap trying to life Thor's hammer.   That's the shit I like.   The human stuff.

I'm a crusty old shit.  I get tired of CGI battle after CGI battle.  It all looks like video games.  None of it has any weight to it or any stakes and none of it looks real. 

Remember that scene in "That Dark Knight" where it was shot in the skyscrapers of Shanghai or something?  That was cool....cause they were really up there.  Gave me that ball tingling feeling you get when you're too high in a building looking down.   I think the brain can usually tell the difference between stuff that was shot for real and CGI, which are just cartoons.

Still....some wonderful characterization in ALL the Avengers movies so I give those moments props.

I'm right there with you on the interactions and slice of life stuff. The CGI fight at the end of Avengers 1 is no doubt dull and uninspired in terms of what sets it up and the designs of the villains, but there are lots of awesome team-up moments between the individual Avengers that make it cool. The scene where Tony talks to Loki and pours him a drink before everything goes to shit, Hulk thrashing Loki around like a rag doll. Don't discredit that movie, it's fucking great, even if it's a bit thin at times.

the original cut of Justice league is actually very interesting because it involves Superman being evil.  you can tell by all the reshoot footage with his covered up mustache which scenes were added in later.  Cavill even tweeted or Instagrammed the picture of the black Superman outfit during production.  so it wasn't that the film was darker, it was that Superman was evil was one of the main if not the main plot line. so they cut that entire plot line and instead Superman is bad for about 5 minutes.  which, incidentally, you can see that that's not the CGI'd over mustache.  but it was so Central to the whole film that it completely fucked it up by removing it.  so that's one reason that film is fucked up. 

I asked my friend, "Do you want to hear a really good Batman impression?”

He said, “Go on, then.”

I shouted, “NOT THE KRYPTONITE!”

He said, “That’s Super man.”

I told him, “Thanks man, I’ve been practicing a lot.”

38 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

unaltered version of the film as rejected by studio heads

Which is a good thing.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

or a new version with stuff filmed in 2020-21?

Zack says we've seen 1/4 of his work so it's basically a whole new movie and there might be additional scenes filmed in 2020/2021.

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

cant wait for it to be shit

Why? This is a cool thing. Fanbase fighting for (including raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for suicide prevention charities) something and the execs finally bending to it? It is an unprecedent cool thing  to happen. Were you annoyed by the fans? By the hashtag? I see no legit reason for desiring this project to be shit. It is one of the coolest things to happen in pop-culture in quite some time. But you do you I guess.