inthisriver

The General Chat/Random Thought Thread

Beware everyone, the apocalypse is nigh, for I exercised today...

Went without the presliced salami?

That's asking too much

That's asking too much

Nice work though. I'm trying to figure out how to get my shit together in the morning. 

That's asking too much

Nice work though. I'm trying to figure out how to get my shit together in the morning.

Just did another exercise routine...that's 2 days in a row dammit!

Try to do something right after you get out of bed. I know for me, if I sit on the couch right away, I'm done. I'll be there all day

Wtf?

Don't you know the difference between a duck and a goose?

This is a duck:

photo-1118.jpg?_r=1452994779

this is a goose:

chrispitman_tecladista_tenis_matheustibu

I' don't want to be one to complain about work because I could be thankful just for having a job. The place I've worked at for years has had recently high turnover and hired lesser qualified people in my opinion. Morale isn't what it used to be. I can't even schedule a day off for the next six months. I got a raise and bonus but It's drifted from an okay job to one that takes up too much of my life. I like the people I work with which is the only reason I really stay. That and I don't want to deal with the hassle of starting again elsewhere. 

I' don't want to be one to complain about work because I could be thankful just for having a job. The place I've worked at for years has had recently high turnover and hired lesser qualified people in my opinion. Morale isn't what it used to be. I can't even schedule a day off for the next six months. I got a raise and bonus but It's drifted from an okay job to one that takes up too much of my life. I like the people I work with which is the only reason I really stay. That and I don't want to deal with the hassle of starting again elsewhere.

What industry do you work in, if you don't mind me asking?

I was fired again last week. It is tough for me to find an environment in which my personality fits in. Two years out of college and fired twice in two years.

I'll probably go back to a gas station. It is pretty laid back and easy work. People I've worked with are pretty cool too for the most part.

It is a tough world out there. I'll be rich one day.

I guess I work in finance or at least that's the job description.

Gas stations are nice cushy jobs, I did something like that years ago.

I would think about moving to a more metro area where there are more opportunities. Same jobs but more variety. Small towns are less competitive but have a lot of nepotism/cronyism that work against you.

I've never done construction. An old timer once told me "there's no mercy on those jobs" and dissuaded me from pursuing that direction. My landlord is in construction though, and is happy with his own business.

Cutting expenses and saving money is a pretty simple way to live comfortably and accumulate assets versus working harder.

Edited by meatpuppet