inthisriver

Old General Chat/Random Thought Thread

So I'm a professional DJ now.

I got some training and did a set. I wasn't ready at all, but I mustered something up despite being COMPLETELY unprepared for the gig. I was living in a hotel when I originally called the guy yesterday and didn't get back home to my laptop until that night. All research, curating and prep I've ever put towards this occupation existed in those three hours before I passed out from the exhaustion of this hectic week.

I've got a ton of work to do, but all things considered I'm just glad it wasn't the complete disaster it could've been. I'm starting off small but I'm not fucking around. Over the next few weeks I intend to learn the craft and use this job to gain experience while investing in gear, software and music.

I have another place willing to audition me as a backup (no shifts currently available). This is the most upscale club I've ever seen and I want to make sure I've got my shit together before I head over there.

Even if this doesn't end up being my thing at least I've earned some major music snob cred. :awesome:

are you planning to do more vlog about your experience as a DJ?

I'll watch it

(Believe or not as a shitrocker, y'know i'm interested about electronic music too...)

If I knew life was this easy I would've done this years ago. Getting paid to do something you love while surrounded by eyecandy is so obvious I can't believe I hadn't thought of it sooner. Watching the haters lose their shit and cry is a nice bonus too. Can't blame them I guess. I'd be pissed too if I went through highschool, college and lame jobs only to be a miserable cunt while a teenager spends three weeks in the real world, skips the faggotry and lands a profession with massive cash potential.

I was Princeton the other day. These assholes pay like $60,000 a year just to go to school. :rofl-lol:

So I got into a conversation with someone who works at a competitive courier service at BK. She saw my jacket.

Anyway she told me they're hiring full time drivers. I got pretty excited about that and so I applied!

I'm a little nervous. I hope they call back.

I seem to connect mentally with delivery people. It's been good.

Heading home from work then heading out to chill a bit. Starting on the biggest bar day of the year was a bit daunting but i got all good feedback (and tip money).

All good shit.

Heading home from work then heading out to chill a bit. Starting on the biggest bar day of the year was a bit daunting but i got all good feedback (and tip money).

All good shit.

Nice work, hombre.

So I got into a conversation with someone who works at a competitive courier service at BK. She saw my jacket.

Anyway she told me they're hiring full time drivers. I got pretty excited about that and so I applied!

I'm a little nervous. I hope they call back.

I seem to connect mentally with delivery people. It's been good.

BK as in Burger King? What jacket?

I used a mix of typical club music and reggaeton while still keeping it interesting for myself by playing some of MY artists like:

Giraffage

Death Grips (I'm serious)

NIN

Maths Time Joy

QOTSA

Electric Guest

Azealia Banks

Janelle Monáe

Tame Impala

AlunaGeorge

...and others (don't have my work computer on me atm). Threw in some classics too.

All in all it went well. Heard good things from the staff. But it certainly wasn't perfect.

Was too tired as well. Need to get more sleep. I completely missed Thanksgiving. Literally slept through it. I was only awake from 7pm to 9pm yesterday.

Sounds fun.. MØ is decent, but a lot of better artists out there imo.

Maybe you'll like some of these ? :

WhoMadeWho

The Morning

Julias Moon

Lipstick Lies

TooManyLeftHands

Trouble

Lukas Graham

Mama Said

Turboweekend

Miles And Miles

CHRISTOPHER
TOLD YOU SO

The thing about MØ for me isn't even that she's good. It's more about seeing potential in her to be amazing if she just went for it.

She needs to go full on punk with a sprinkle of pop. Hardcore is what she's obviously about. It's obvious in her stage performance. She needs to let loose.

This is the best thing she's done imo.

The thing about MØ for me isn't even that she's good. It's more about seeing potential in her to be amazing if she just went for it.

She needs to go full on punk with a sprinkle of pop. Hardcore is what she's obviously about. It's obvious in her stage performance. She needs to let loose.

This is the best thing she's done imo.

Pretty basic drops, vocals was OK