inthisriver

Old General Chat/Random Thought Thread

I don't want to work anymore. :bumblefoot: I'm just wasting my life away. I filed my tax return, returned my library books, bought groceries. I can get caught up in real life. At work I only end up perpetually behind and too tired to move when I get home. I guess I'm better off than I was 13 years ago working for a baker for less than $2 / hour but everything now is just frustrating. It's like other people around me are too lackadaisical to care or something.

I pound my desk each day because of how inefficient and ineffective things are. I need a billion dollars, quick.

I don't want to work anymore. :bumblefoot: I'm just wasting my life away. I filed my tax return, returned my library books, bought groceries. I can get caught up in real life. At work I only end up perpetually behind and too tired to move when I get home. I guess I'm better off than I was 13 years ago working for a baker for less than $2 / hour but everything now is just frustrating. It's like other people around me are too lackadaisical to care or something.

I pound my desk each day because of how inefficient and ineffective things are. I need a billion dollars, quick.

lackadaisical - Word of 14'

I have $1 left in my wallet. Just $1.

I drank 8 energy drinks in the past 72 hours. My body excreted it pretty quickly though. I did a lot more studying than it turned out I even needed to.

I drank 8 energy drinks in the past 72 hours. My body excreted it pretty quickly though. I did a lot more studying than it turned out I even needed to.

You shouldn't drink those things. They give you man-boobs.

You shouldn't drink those things. They give you man-boobs.

I don't think consumers of the beverage live long enough to for a meaningful study of long-term effects. My taste buds are gone but I passed the exam!

Can confirm; have consumed copious amounts of Coca-Cola in the past 6 months and gained at least 10 pounds.

I only drink sugar-free soft-drinks and energy drinks. Ever since the Atkins diet came around I've been suspicious of sugar.

Mailing check to pay down my 401k loan. I can't wait til it's gone. I don't like owing anyone anything, even if the person I owe it to is myself.

Might start an electronic music group with some people locally.

Edited by deepfreeze

For a brief moment I thought the world was ending. My internet went out in a really weird way, and then I tried to call someone and I was getting "we can't connect your call" shit with loud beeps...

Oddly enough, I was kind of excited.

lackadaisical - Word of 14'

The new word to use / the new slang / the shit or whichever regional dialect you use in your hometown.. :D..

For a brief moment I thought the world was ending. My internet went out in a really weird way, and then I tried to call someone and I was getting "we can't connect your call" shit with loud beeps...

All the signs of an NSA wiretap. You're clearly part of one of their regional monitoring programs.

All the signs of an NSA wiretap. You're clearly part of one of their regional monitoring programs.

The freaky thing is, they don't need to go to the trouble of tapping anything. They hear everything as it is, it's just what they tell us they hear that we know about.

The freaky thing is, they don't need to go to the trouble of tapping anything. They hear everything as it is, it's just what they tell us they hear that we know about.

I was just trying to contribute to Broski's paranoia. Depending on who you believe, there is a distinction between them hearing and them listening. Meta-data and behavioral analysis and stuff.