inthisriver

Old General Chat/Random Thought Thread

With all due respect, I agree with CR. Its the way it is, and those who argue with this sounds like they never had a real job, is very young/naive or has dad issues..

In an ideal world we'd all be allowed to do fuck all and be kids forever.. But no, shirt and tie world demands different, and thats the world we embraced for money, convenience and materialism.. We all pay the price and deal with it or as that bloke, he fucks CR over, gets fired and can now deal weed or grow his eco-garden or whatever.. Its fair enough, but free choice for everyone comes first in my book..

Ruining lives is not a game. Truer words were never spoken.

Truer words? :lol:

That dick ruined his OWN life. Who are you kidding?

Go to work and fuck around on the Internet and texting friends and there's no doubt you're sending yourself to the queue for social security. AKA, no future/poverty/a complete fuck up. Whatever.........

Don't think for a second that life in this world is any different ANYWHERE. In fact, in the last 4 years everything actually got a shitload harder. CR and I both remember times where it was relatively easy, but not anymore. :lol:

One of my colleagues just spent 3 months in New York in an internship at one of the most prestigious fashion companies in the world. She worked 5 days a week (sometimes 6 or 7), 12 hours a day and as an intern was instructed 'not to speak to the designers/owners'. She said she was made to feel like a second class citizen. In every reasonable person's conscience this is complete bullshit (no company in Australia would place this expectation on anyone), but it gives you a perspective as to how competitive the world has recently become.

You just have to toughen up. It's not about 'ruining lives', it's about being a survivor.

ahahahahahahah

I didn't p@ss. Now have to do walk of shame at work. I did really bad actually, comparatively and actually worse than I though. I'm going to sign up again for the 3xam tomorrow and study again for another 4 months. Probably will be my last post for a while.

Round two. Won't have time for anything anymore.

We'll miss you, but do what you gotta do. Go for it and better luck second time around. :)

A lot of people fail at things first time around. Theres no shame in that. Sometimes it's necessary to see what's really required. You can't be expected to know these things off the bat. The only shame that can come is from not trying at all. You put in plenty of hours studying first time around, so consider making a strategy that will make your study hours more effective.

You just have to toughen up. It's not about 'ruining lives', it's about being a survivor.

So how come you were so offended about the "rape thread". Just toughen up, if someone rapes you. Afterall you could have stayed at home

:huh: I have not been raped. Is that what you thought?

It pisses me off how everyone is saying shit and claim that life is tough and you are responsible for yourself. CR ruins that fuckers life and people congratulate him. At the same time you'll be crying for police when someone tries to assault or rape you. It's the same shit.

Um, no it's really not. One is a crime and a jailable offence.

The other is someone choosing to not take responsibility for himself with pretty clear consequences if he chooses so. But that's his choice. :shrugs:

I am getting paid 18 an hour to do fantasy football mock drafts. This world gone full retard.

I know you place little value in my advice but I would be careful wasting time at work doing personal stuff if I were you as I can assure you, that while maybe no one has said anything to you about it, people around you are watching what you do and gossiping about your fucking off with each other. This eventually will most likely reach your supervisor if she is not already aware of it.

I get a new intern every 6 months for my group and I have been lucky in that almost all of them were hard workers but I have had a few who used to sit and surf the internet or text every chance they got and I had people who sat near them tell others in my group that they were fucking off. I ended up hearing about it and having a talk with them and it helped in all but one case and in his case I gave him a poor review which went to his college file and in his file at my company. I only did this after I got a "fuck you" attitude from him when I asked that he stop doing personal stuff at work.

He will never get rehired at my company and when I get reference requests from other companies I will not give him a positive recommendation as I have for many of my past interns which has enabled them to get some choice internships and will help when they graduate and look for a fulltime job.

Just be aware that if you fuck off at work people do notice and it can affect your reputation and hurt your future job opportunities..........

So you ruined a kid's life because he didn't use a typewriter and listen to Paradise City? Wow, talk about an abuse of power.

The trolling starts here, and both CR and redhead took the bait.

Fuck you, Broski.

I feel weird getting endorsements on linkedin. It makes me feel like I have to endorse the other person back

So when such a thing happens I end up hiding from linkedin for awhile, hoping they just assume I don't log on to it

I hate social obligations like that. I hate bullshit. That would drive me nuts. I've managed to survive without a LinkedIn account this far. I am going to loathe the day where I'll be forced to have one. I have about as much of an on-line presence as SN0 \/V D3N (I mean before he did what he did). I'm invisible. U'11 never find me.

Edited by deepfreeze

What the fuck even is LinkedIn? I don't know anyone who has an account, it seems pretty useless to me. Social media is such a waste of time except for when you actually want to use it for your own purposes. It's not a tool where you should feel obligated. In any way whatsoever.

It's a cult. A lot of people at work are on LinkedIn. Eventually everyone is going to have to have an on-line presence to survive in certain industries.

I'm getting promoted. I guess this is what working 20+ hours of voluntary unpaid overtime for 2 years gets you :lol:

Edited by kevin

Anyone know of any good free ram disk applications that support more than 4 GB? I'd like to go up to 8 GB for my RAM disk (I have 24 GB of ram, way more than I need)

Looking forward to another summer of music. I've got tickets to see Fleetwood Mac and Muse already and I know Arcade Fire are coming here in January. NIN are rumoured too, but no dates announced yet. Fingers crossed for more.....

Edited by redhead74

Remember when people used to say: "Fuck the dumb shit." ?

:lol:

It's funny when some things become common lingo and then just disappear because its basically pretty stupid.