John Bonham

Chinese Democracy Alternate Artwork Discussion

This booklet is cool, love the artwork. Too bad it doesn't make the songs any better.

You could always go listen to AC/DC or KISS.

And you could stop posting the same shit like you did at the other place.

What's next, a picture of fat Slash? Go be predictable and boring somewhere else. Ohhh, that's right you can't, they banned your ass. :lol:

Come on now, lighten up.

Oh you dawg! Frickin' thing reached its download limit! Broskirose stole my download. You fartknocker! Maiden sucks!

What I mean to say is, Whatisitman, I really appreciate that you took the time to upload the files. Could you do it again, just one more time? Or Broskirose, could you PM me with the files. Maiden doesn't really suck. Much.

Edit: I take that back. It was Manets. What the fuck is a Manet anyway, and why are you more than one?

Edited by Sanity

Guest Mister Shackler

Riad really stands out to me, but all of it is sensational.

Hi, I'm new to this forum! :)

So, we still need Better and Maddy? :) Awesome btw.

Doing a barcode search on that it came up as Chinese Democracy (Cover B ) - Best Buy

interesting. very interesting. another thing that some people may not realise is that there were initially THREE different artwork versions available for pre order on best buys website. this means that there is another version of the artwork yet to be found. keep hunting people. its out there somewhere.

(unless the third version was the boxset but, i dont think so. idk)

3rd alternate cover

cdcoverrr.jpg

what about hello gernade? there are 4?

where did the pics go?

Maybe the grenade is a pic in the booklet of the 3rd version? I doubt it would be the cover..

I wonder how/why they picked which one to print initially, they definitely picked the weakest of them.

Edited by bodine

Doing a barcode search on that it came up as Chinese Democracy (Cover B ) - Best Buy

interesting. very interesting. another thing that some people may not realise is that there were initially THREE different artwork versions available for pre order on best buys website. this means that there is another version of the artwork yet to be found. keep hunting people. its out there somewhere.

(unless the third version was the boxset but, i dont think so. idk)

still want to know how long the riad blurb has been in the mix

Anyone got a good clear image of the front cover? I'd like to change my iTunes cover art for CD.

I made one a while ago if that's any help? It might be on the earlier pages. It's not THAT high quality but it works nicely for an iPod or something.

There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has always been something I've been passionate about and to release the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave is the How Are You Grenade cover.

I think this artwork is cool as hell.....waaaaay better than what we got stuck with. I'd re-buy the CD for a new booklet. I'm sure a lot of us would....so that's like a few thousand people on the forums....but nobody else in the REAL world. Probably not worth it for them to bother reprinting it.

My favorite part was the bit about Axl's former brother-in-law Riad. He actually told me about that guy when I met him in person back in 2002, but I didn't really understand what or who he was talking about....now it makes more sense!

But overall, I just dig having all the different styles of art. Reminds me of the Illusions how some songs had their own little art in the liner notes, like Coma and Pretty Tied Up and Don't Cry. Real shame we couldn't have had this art in the first place.

Guest Indigo Child

This booklet is cool, love the artwork. Too bad it doesn't make the songs any better.

You could always go listen to AC/DC or KISS.

And you could stop posting the same shit like you did at the other place.

What's next, a picture of fat Slash? Go be predictable and boring somewhere else. Ohhh, that's right you can't, they banned your ass. :lol:

beach_patrol_even_rock_stars_take_summer_breaks.jpg

Just for you, Maddy!

If Axl really was planning a re-release with this booklet, he must be gnashing his teeth right now.

I dont think well hear from axl for a long time

Are the current members of GNR payed a retainer during the years of inactivity? If you don't want to speak on behalf of other members, are you payed a retainer during the years of inactivity?

Id really like to know the answer to this question. im pretty sure these guys are "under contract" ron must be getting paid if he's keeping his schedule clear in case a tour miraculously materializes.

rock in rio looks like a no-go, as does all the US Summer festivals (lineups have been announced)

Guest saphire

Just for you, Maddy!

You can't be that stupid, can you? :facepalm:

Did you know that Madison accused me of being warchild when I joined? No of course not, you were still busy trolling the other forum at the time. Madison was nuts but I don't think she lost it to the point where she was arguing with herself over the Internet. Stop acting like an idiot and throwing out ridiculous accusations, you're pathetic enough already.

Back on the topic: The booklet is cool, if it was part of a re-release with a DVD and a couple of new tracks, I would consider buying it, but a release with just a new booklet? No way.

I can't imagine too many people would buy another copy just for an alternate booklet. Not like they were lining up outside of Best Buy the first time around.

It's a great novelty item (would be cool if Axl stocked a warehouse of them just for the fans). It's ridiculous really that such a widely anticipated album could be released in such a horrible manner (I mean surely the exemption of such important aspects of the booklet points to some form of sabotage?).

The most important thing however is that we all got those fourteen tracks and those tracks are continually accessible to anyone. And if the proper copy had been mass released, then we'd all probably be trying to secure ourselves the draft edition.