John Bonham

Chinese Democracy Alternate Artwork Discussion

Here's some images that folks might find interesting.

This is the Sandy Yagi artwork that goes with one of the alternate booklets for Chinese Democracy. This piece, Doggie appears on one of the credits pages.

2ldiywl.jpg

Sorry:

2quohu1.jpg

Prostitute:

2i71oye.jpg

I checked out that artist's blog and she has a lot creatively morbid art. Got to wonder how much of an influence Buckethead had on Axl. I'm amazed you always seem to be great at getting a hold of the inside information. Thanks for posting the pictures

I wonder if this unused artwork will be used in the CD2 booklet, when it never comes out ever. :lol:

But seriously, I'd love CD II to come out soon and see this artwork in it. He did purchase them afterall...

Is that the 'Sorry' Assault Rifle?

It could be. It's from a 2010 tour shirt.

jewel case open:

cd.jpg

Axl's essay: Fear N' Freedom

cdstory.jpg

CITR/Scraped:

citrscraped.jpg

It could be. It's from a 2010 tour shirt.

I'm more interested in the fact that the gun has "Best Buy" written on it.

Box set.

30a81ex.jpg

I used that artwork on my iPod for about a year, only went back to the original recently. I'm considering swapping it for the red hand. I always thought this would've made for an interesting cover as well!

instrumentals.jpg

who posted the album picture originaly? (the pic that has the cd with the hand cover)

Harmonix used it as the Chinese Democracy cover when the whole CD was announced as a DLC for Rock Band 2 ;)

Harmonix used it as the Chinese Democracy cover when the whole CD was announced as a DLC for Rock Band 2 ;)

I've got a picture of the album advertised for download on the Xbox Dashboard (Home Menu) as well from when it was first released used the red hand cover.

Here's the rest of what's out there in regard to the alternate booklet.

2co1qg9.jpg

I meant this! Where did this picture came from? Someone has to have the cd for this pic to be here.

I meant this! Where did this picture came from? Someone has to have the cd for this pic to be here.

People have them. I don't know how many were made, but I have a friend who has one. That particular picture came from a Swedish auction site similar to eBay.