inthisriver

The Beatles

1 hour ago, RedHook said:

This movie explains it all, why else did John call him Faul in the latter years ( fake paul)

Screenshot-2020-04-18-10-27-59-1.png

4.6 on IMDb. Seems solid 🤔

11 hours ago, wasted said:

Wasn't Pet Sounds inspired by Revolver? 

I used to know this stuff but it’s been replaced by internet passcodes. 

Was Sgt Peppers after Pet Sounds? 

Pet Sounds was inspired by Rubber Soul iirc, and in turn inspired Revolver and Sgt. Pepper

On 4/16/2020 at 5:36 PM, AxlisOld said:

Not once have I wished death on you.

im so glad you made this post so the great screech is still documented

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Pet Sounds was inspired by Rubber Soul iirc, and in turn inspired Revolver and Sgt. Pepper

That makes sense about Rubber soul they both are exquisitely recorded songs. Sgt Peppers seems a little more wacky than Pet Sounds, it’s more overtly trippy, Pet Sounds is more elegant. Is it the recording level achieved on Pet Sounds that inspired Sgt Peppers. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

That makes sense about Rubber soul they both are exquisitely recorded songs. Sgt Peppers seems a little more wacky than Pet Sounds, it’s more overtly trippy, Pet Sounds is more elegant. Is it the recording level achieved on Pet Sounds that inspired Sgt Peppers. 

and Brian Wilson went insane trying to respond to Sgt. Peppers with the added pressure of having Mike Love in his band

hence the Smile debacle

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

and Brian Wilson went insane trying to respond to Sgt. Peppers with the added pressure of having Mike Love in his band

hence the Smile debacle

Smile is crazier? I think I must have heard it. I watched a Brian Wilson movie recently and that sort of was about his craziness. The Beatles movie I’ve seen is Backbeat and The Killing of John Lennon so those don’t cover the actual Beatles years. I read the memoirs of Lennons driver at Dakota building, that was kind of interesting to see what the lifestyle was. But I read their  bio once. All the Apple years were crazy. It was like American Zoetrobe where Coppola just got too indulgent.

12 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

im so glad you made this post so the great screech is still documented

Delete delete delete....

38 minutes ago, magisme said:

Rubber Soul into Revolver. I guess this is where they decided every song would be near perfect.

And they made it.

One listen through everything and my faves are Sgt. Peppers and Magical Mystery. But really, everything before Rubber Soul is a lot of fun and you should listen to it, and everything from Rubber Soul on is absolutely essential listening.