There is a Doors thread here but it is 10 years old. So I feel bumping it would be kind of odd. But the Doors are one of my favorite bands and Jim Morrison is probably in my top 3 singers. Some of my favorite songs of theirs are. Too bad Jim died young even there worse album (Soft Parade) isn't really that bad IMO. They probably had a couple more good albums in them. Also it would be interesting to see if they would try other styles of music. What are your favorite Doors songs?

Here's a faggot story....

The Doors were my first favorite band. Buttons were a big then back then and my older siblings bought me a bunch of them which I'd pin on my denim jacket....btw, I was 5 fucking years old wearing a denim jacket. This was 1978 so it was kinda the thing, I guess. Well, maybe not for 5 year olds but hey, I was trying to be cool. As all other 5 year olds in kindergarten, my mom used to pick out my clothes so I'd have to wear some velour grey shirt with brown corduroy pants or some shit. 1970s. Fuck me.

But...she would let me pick a t shirt to wear every 2 Fridays. Why, I never asked her....

Anyway, I'd always pick a Doors t shirt, preferably just with Morrison on it. 

I had teenage cousins that lived on the next block and one day wearing my snazzy No One Here Gets Out Alive t shirt, my cousin Stevie came running over to me with a bunch of his friends and introduced me as his cool little cousin.

Unfortunately, I think my coolness peaked at 5....

Morrison Hotel and LA Woman are where it's at. Maybe Waiting For the Sun, if you want to be generous.

The Soft Parade is absolute rubbish. Morrison, as retarded as he was, distanced himself from it.

The Doors and Strange Days have couple of decent songs each scattered in the sea of shite.

unpopular opinion, but I could easily do without the organ. As much as I love the doors (and morrison's vocal delivery in particular) I think a proper bass player would have been more pleasing to the ears. Case in point, LA Women where they had Elvis's bass player with stunning results.

Another unpopular opinion, is that I don't dislike any album of theirs. Even the soft parade, has many standout moments. Personally, I never ranked it as the worst album of theirs. 

there was a period where I would always play doors albums in my car, and my then 5 year old son was rocking out on it. "been down so long" was his favorite track, he would be tapping his knee while it was playing lol. Touch me, he also liked. He could hum along the whole song making gestures like beethoven or something.

Jim's untimely death makes me think they didn't really reach their full potential though. I'm sure the rolling stones would have been a great influence on them, particularily the Exile album and I believe we would have gotten another blues based album like LA Woman

4 hours ago, sixes unmasked said:

Here's a faggot story....

The Doors were my first favorite band. Buttons were a big then back then and my older siblings bought me a bunch of them which I'd pin on my denim jacket....btw, I was 5 fucking years old wearing a denim jacket. This was 1978 so it was kinda the thing, I guess. Well, maybe not for 5 year olds but hey, I was trying to be cool. As all other 5 year olds in kindergarten, my mom used to pick out my clothes so I'd have to wear some velour grey shirt with brown corduroy pants or some shit. 1970s. Fuck me.

But...she would let me pick a t shirt to wear every 2 Fridays. Why, I never asked her....

Anyway, I'd always pick a Doors t shirt, preferably just with Morrison on it. 

I had teenage cousins that lived on the next block and one day wearing my snazzy No One Here Gets Out Alive t shirt, my cousin Stevie came running over to me with a bunch of his friends and introduced me as his cool little cousin.

Unfortunately, I think my coolness peaked at 5....

Did band shirts back then have prints screenprinted on them, or were they iron on looking designs?. I never thought band shirts were in every retail shop like they are now.

Apart from concerts, where coukd you buy  band shirts in the late 70s?. Im interested as to how popular band shirts werein the 70s.

24 minutes ago, action said:

unpopular opinion, but I could easily do without the organ. As much as I love the doors (and morrison's vocal delivery in particular) I think a proper bass player would have been more pleasing to the ears. Case in point, LA Women where they had Elvis's bass player with stunning results.

Another unpopular opinion, is that I don't dislike any album of theirs. Even the soft parade, has many standout moments. Personally, I never ranked it as the worst album of theirs. 

there was a period where I would always play doors albums in my car, and my then 5 year old son was rocking out on it. "been down so long" was his favorite track, he would be tapping his knee while it was playing lol. Touch me, he also liked. He could hum along the whole song making gestures like beethoven or something.

Jim's untimely death makes me think they didn't really reach their full potential though. I'm sure the rolling stones would have been a great influence on them, particularily the Exile album and I believe we would have gotten another blues based album like LA Woman

I think the lyrics woukd have gotten shit the more morrison delved into drugs had of morrison be the main songwriter. 

I reckon morrison today would have ended up being like axl. A fat lard, a shadow of his former self, living in malibu, surrounded by foreign housekeepers. Woukd have been interested how the band woukd have progressed had morrison not been apart of the 27 club.

Just now, Donald Trump said:

Cigarettes and alcohol aged his voice in a cool way. 

If only scientists spent half the amount of money they used for COVID vaccines on a concoction that mitigated the risks of alcohol and cigarette use. 

Cigarettes and alcohol kill millions.