What excuse will Slash/Duff/Fortus use when there's no new material in 2022?

The tired old excuse of "we were concentrating on touring" won't wash by 2022 when they finally resume touring. 

What will the official party line be after they've had over two years sat on their asses?

I personally look forward to seeing how creative Slash/Fortus will have to get, watching them circle around the truth in interviews as to why new material doesn't come out. 

Expect more vague lines such as "the timing has to be right." "We're looking very seriously into it." "We all live in different States, so it's tough all getting into the same room at the same time."

• Towelie changed the title to What excuse will Slash/Duff/Fortus use when there's no new material in 2022?
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish that was the Axl Solo Band, or the band was called Chinese Democracy, or something. Doing big theatres instead of trying to ride the GNR name into arenas, and only 4-5 GNR covers per night, all

Hard Skool will be dropped by then. Just back to the same setlist from 2019.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

The tired old excuse of "we were concentrating on touring" won't wash by 2022 when they finally resume touring. 

What will the official party line be after they've had over two years sat on their asses?

I personally look forward to seeing how creative Slash/Fortus will have to get, watching them circle around the truth in interviews as to why new material doesn't come out. 

Expect more vague lines such as "the timing has to be right." "We're looking very seriously into it." "We all live in different States, so it's tough all getting into the same room at the same time."

I bet they will say the tour is supporting the illusion anniversary. Apart ftom hardstool it will be the same setlist  from NITL.

30min rocket queen

20min KOHD

20min wish you were here

Cover of the seeker again.

Including VR songs

Axl will still insist on singing the song better.

7 minutes ago, Sydney fan said:

I bet they will say the tour is supporting the illusion anniversary. Apart ftom hardstool it will be the same setlist  from NITL.

30min rocket queen

20min KOHD

20min wish you were here

Cover of the seeker again.

Including VR songs

Axl will still insist on singing the song better.

Hard Skool will be dropped by then. Just back to the same setlist from 2019.

I hope it gets called out publicly because it's been an endless Greatest Shits tour for 5 years & novelty items in the official online Gnr store. Fernando is supposed to be manager but he's afraid of his master and still brushes the leafs on his driveway & rakes the pool, while juggling life as a Dad. I suppose it could be worse... 

15 minutes ago, RedHook said:

Just give up on this fanboy fantasy of a new GNR studio album.

We have all heard what shit his voice sounded like in 2019-20.

Its literally impossible for Fatax to record new vocal tracks.

1+1 = There will never be a new studio album.

He'd just layer his vocals like on Rock The Rock to make his voice sound fuller. It'd sound bad, but as long as Slash is noodling away somewhere in the mix, fanboys and casuals would praise it.