Ashba refused to remain in GnR after Slash's return

7617466C-128F-4B64-AFCF-545185CFBADB.jpeg.547633dd1ed1b646583ed0a58a45649a.jpeg

During an appearance on Action Figures, guitarist DJ Ashba looked back on parting ways with Guns N' Roses in 2015 following a six-year tenure.

The news of Ashba's departure was announced around the time of the group's reunion with Slash and Duff McKagan.

You can check out Ashba on the Sixx: A.M. album "Prayers for the Blessed" here via Amazon.

The musician commented:

"My thing is, it was really cool to get that call [about staying with the band for the 'Not In This Lifetime' tour], but on the other hand, I knew in my heart where I wanna go.

"I've never fooled myself. When I was in Guns, people would be like, 'Oh, you're in Guns N' Roses.' I've never been that guy that's 'formerly of' and try to cling on to an old band name that, really, I shouldn't be taking credit for - I've never been like that.

"If you go to any of my socials, you don't even see 'guitarist of Sixx: A.M.' because I never wanna live in the past. I'm so focused on where I'm going.

"There's a lot of people that do that, and there's nothing wrong with it - it's a legit credit I'll die with, but at the same time, I don't wanna live off of it. I wanna keep building. And I'm just getting started.

"That was a chapter in my life, and I'm starting a new chapter. So, to me, it's one of those things where I just wanna focus on where I'm going, and that makes me excited."

Ashba previously told Eddie Trunk about leaving the group:

"Well, there are multiple reasons - a couple that I won't go into - but the biggest reason was I needed to get back to my roots, back to what I really truly believed in, and that was playing songs I helped write with James [Michael] and Nikki [Sixx]."

8D1F44BD-1957-4597-BC0E-BFCA4545643F.thumb.jpeg.e6fd970ec0ad9bbc8b684e8e07c0d47e.jpeg

He also pointed out:

"Axl called me and he really wanted me a part of the reunion, and I turned it down. I felt if Slash is coming back, that's great - that's what the fans want, and I can go off and do what I really wanna do now...

"And we left [off on good terms]; everything is good. And I couldn't be happier for the fans out there. I'm a fan. Half of the band reunited, which excites me, but at the same time, it's the best of both worlds - I get to do what I really love to do, and that's to play in Sixx: A.M."

Full Shit:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/dj_ashba_talks_why_he_quit_guns_n_roses_even_though_axl_wanted_him_on_reunion_tour_with_slash__duff.html

Extras:

• auad changed the title to Ashba refused to remain in GnR after Slash's return

I never liked the guy but did we seriously think GNR would knock an album out with Ashba in the band? He was there for touring stakes only. I was last hopeful in 2015 for a new album, but now I'm more hopeful if I'm be honest...maybe I'm just delusional. I need a wake up call.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Thunder said:

Would he have still worn the Tim Burton top hat with Slash on the other side of the stage

Yes. It’s all about symmetry.

Symmetry would have saved GNR.

1 hour ago, Faxl Rows said:

It is a colossal tragedy he didn't join the reunion lineup. 

Just imagine how funny it could've been. 

There’s two Slashes on stage. Double Rainbow. One is smoking, one is running the light on a solo. 

DJ is full of shit. DJ was pushed. Ain't no way he left of his own accord. To do what exactly? Make his horrid, tacky EDM eurodance guitar mashups that nobody except his mama would admit to liking?

Axl probably said "it's a shame, would've loved to have had you on board" or some shit like that, and DJ spun it to mean that Axl wanted him in the reunion.

14 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I never liked the guy but did we seriously think GNR would knock an album out with Ashba in the band? He was there for touring stakes only. I was last hopeful in 2015 for a new album, but now I'm more hopeful if I'm be honest...maybe I'm just delusional. I need a wake up call.

They lied like Lyin’ Joe Biden 

The "Real' story is that Fat Axl wanted to keep it a 3 guitar band.

"Original" Slosh,

Izzy Fortus,

and Asshat Slash

Real Slash got good and sloshed on the sauce, called Fat Boy and said , "Fuck No, that DJ Assba prick, is a little cunt that can't even play SCOM:lol:

38 minutes ago, ritz snare said:

No this would be perfect, Slash on stage playing with his spiritual protege when it comes to self-promotion. 

Would have been a perfect cuck move from Axl. Could imagine ashba going on stage, with slash backstage arms folded saying " not going onstage with him" both guitarists wearing matching tophats.