• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BURN IT DOWN

I remember when this happened to the Duke brothers in the 80s.

Posted Images

It is just carnage from one day to the next, and there is little room to move. It has gotten to the stage where I am withdrawing from positions and just holding onto the deposited cash. 

Thing is, even the Asian markets are teetering, so my Chinese stuff is not doing well. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is just carnage from one day to the next, and there is little room to move. It has gotten to the stage where I am withdrawing from positions and just holding onto the deposited cash. 

Thing is, even the Asian markets are teetering, so my Chinese stuff is not doing well. 

Really good trading day. S&P dropped over 100 points so a couple of short positions and I've made out like a bandit! :lol: 

I mean you told me you lost a grand or two awhile ago in about five minutes Gordon Gecko.

If you've made a bomb, you could have lost a bomb. Nick Leeson had a short straddle on the Nikkei. Then the Kobe earthquake happened and Barings went kaputt!

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I mean you told me you lost a grand or two awhile ago in about five minutes Gordon Gecko.

If you've made a bomb, you could have lost a bomb. Nick Leeson had a short straddle on the Nikkei. Then the Kobe earthquake happened and Barings went kaputt!

Oh I know that very well but I've been making sure to keep a reasonable trailing stop loss in place of late. When I had an issue before I was basically not paying attention to my entry points and moving my stop loss rather than taking a small loss and moving on I was basically letting it run much too far.