Don't Cry music video release date?

Hi there,

I'm doing research for an important project and really need to know what was the Don't Cry music video release date.

The project is of somewhat historical importance. A certain event took place sometime within the first days of the Don't Cry music video release, which is why I need relevant information to narrow down the interval. Guessing or making up facts is not an option as it would defeat the project's own purpose.

The best I found out is:

"October 1991"
www.imdb.com/title/tt7107276/releaseinfo

It would make sense if its release would match the release of UYI (Sep. 17), but some sites do mention October, so for now that has to remain the strongest possibility.

I was wondering if any of you fellow gunners could help me out. That would really be great. Please include your sources.

Thanks!
Ana

It came out before UYI came out and before they played Wembley stadium in 91 in UK (summer July/Aug, pretty sure Aug 31) because I had the double AA side tape single on the bus to show. 

I’m assuming the video came out the same time as the single. So before Aug 31, 1991 is my guess. Now I will google it and risk China brainwashing me with faulty data. 

I must be remembering it wrong. It must have been the YCBM single I had before the show on Aug 31. Then Don’t Cry came out 17th September. 

It says video came out October 1991. 

Edited by wasted
2 hours ago, John Bonham said:

I know it came out in August '91 because that was the Summer that I was fucking this girl Lori, and I remember watching the video while she was sucking my cock.

Autmn makes sense, cause the video was shot in June/August. Slash wasnt wearing a shirt when he threw his guitar over the edge

52 minutes ago, creed said:

Autmn makes sense, cause the video was shot in June/August. Slash wasnt wearing a shirt when he threw his guitar over the edge

Izzy quit in November so the video was made before they found him. 

12 minutes ago, wasted said:

Izzy quit in November so the video was made before they found him. 

Izzy actually quit in August just before the Wembley Stadium shows. The decision was made formal on November 7th. Probably with a lot of begging and pleading from Axl and probably when Izzy sent the letter saying “this changes, this changes and I’ll do the next leg of the tour.”

So they probably filmed the video in August, and it came out Sept 3rd

19 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Izzy actually quit in August just before the Wembley Stadium shows. The decision was made formal on November 7th. Probably with a lot of begging and pleading from Axl and probably when Izzy sent the letter saying “this changes, this changes and I’ll do the next leg of the tour.”

So they probably filmed the video in August, and it came out Sept 3rd

It makes more sense that the video came out before the album or at least when the single came out. DC and UYI came out Sept 17? 

That show I saw was one of the last before Izzy quit. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

I must be remembering it wrong. It must have been the YCBM single I had before the show on Aug 31. Then Don’t Cry came out 17th September. 

It says video came out October 1991. 

That's the info I found as well.

I just received an amazing reply in another forum from member Blackstar, who solved the issue (I hesitate to post a link as it's likely against house rules). He posted 2 pages from different newspapers and both state October 12, 1991 (the following day) as the premiere date for Don't Cry.

A big thank you for everyone who tried to help!

A quick update:
Blackstar posted a Billboard page, confirming October 12 as the planned date for the premiere.
However, for some reason it ended up being postponed, and only premiered on October 20, 1991.