Would you buy anything New from Guns N' Rose other than a New Album?

Seriously,

Would you ever spend another dime on anything Guns N' Roses other than a New Album.

I'm at the point where even if this new album was released, I might just download it for Free off the internet.

LNXhkac-1.thumb.jpg.a566b9c491154300acf19ecfb8b76bb0.jpg

Frank look like a Megadeth macot in

this GNR artwork from 2020 😁

Edited by RedHook

Yeah, I still buy shit all the time.  But only stuff I think is cool, like t-shirts or lithos or vinyl that isn't colored like a puckered anus.

I got the super deluxe AFD box set for $38 when they were blowing them out.  It was worth it.  

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

I'd love to buy a three new album deal, GNR topping UYI and going all out...dropping 40+ tracks all at once. 

I this is the way to go. Just something so big and incomprehensible that it’s impossible to define. Hitting all GNR fans with stuff they like. New stuff, Axl’s CD era stuff, AFD style songs, UYI stuff, Slash solo, Duff n Izzy solo, Buckethead solos,  various covers. 

But when it comes to format I don’t know. Released across all formats I guess. I envisage it like Prince’s Emancipation 3-cd in one box. 

Axl n Duff need to write their Sign O the Times. 

Slash should do a quick cover of Peach. 

Edited by wasted
2 hours ago, Cigarette Smoking Man said:

Not a fucking chance in hell :lol:

My sentiments exactly.

I've only ever bought the music really.

I can list all the merch Ive bought:

In the early 90s:

*a tee shirt

*a badge

In the early-mid 00s:

*a tee shirt

*a coffee cup

*a toy car Chevy Vega with AFD artwork

PS: that cross depicting Frank etc is a disgrace 😝

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Everything is on Apple Music for “free”. 

Does this devalue music? What’s the deal for bands? A steady set stream of money regardless of sales? 

Before full album sales became huge, bands hardly made any money off the recorded music. They made their money on the road, and that’s how it pretty much is now of days. 

29 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

Before full album sales became huge, bands hardly made any money off the recorded music. They made their money on the road, and that’s how it pretty much is now of days. 

There’s some freedom to that, in that they can make whatever record they want. It can be used to fuel the tour, create some excitement. It’s not about the money, just how it gets placed in GNR. 

I was more wondering about the format and how that plays within GNR’s discography. Since getting Apple Music, and the pirate lifestyle previously, the physical copy/cds mean less and sales are down which means that physical copy isn’t as much of a thing. How much attention impact does a GNR album get, what does it really add to what they’ve already done? 

If you just put out a 12 track album, most people will listen to the single and that’s it, nobody needs more formulaic hard rock songs.

I flip flop between Different Kind of Truth/Back in Black or GNR going much bigger in all directions. 4-cds worth of material that you want to own vinyl. Something that justifies more than streaming. To really live up to the past it has to push past everything they’ve done. It seems like they have that potential, they just need to go a little further than before. Might be a huge mistake but what have they got to lose? I guess it’s about their legacy. If they shoot for the stars they might end up in the ditch. 

Edited by wasted