Anyone else miss the 90s?

4 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

N64-Controller-Gray.jpg

what in god's name were they honestly thinking?

It was designed by aliens, for aliens.

That controller is in large part why I never had more than I think 4-5 games for my N64, and it rarely got played.

My PS1, on the other hand, grew to have around 15-20 games

Edited by Wilco
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brian Jones missed them.     The 70s and 80s too.

I just miss the world prior to 9/11

me and my brother used to go into the wild, and walk for a straight line for miles, over fences and through bush and tripwire, only armed with a pocket knife.   "it'll be fun", I told my you

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm almost back to feeling bad for him. :lol:

But yea, I've seen him make this thread many times before.

Well, at least I am consistent on this, no?

4 minutes ago, Pappa FAT said:

I did a google search just then and found this... MADE 7 FUCKING YEARS AGO LOL

Axl in the Wilderness Years (1994-2000), a photographic and oral history

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/210085-axl-in-the-wilderness-years-1994-2000-a-photographic-and-oral-history/

Yes, I'm still proud of that. People actually use the term Wilderness Years when talking about that era because of me. 

At least back in the 1990s, Axl:

1. Was entertaining and unpredictable in his insanity

2. Could sing, and actually put out 3 albums in the 1990s, 4 if you count Live Era.

3. Wasn't a bloated, frog faced, ten layer wearing, fat piece of shit

Edited by Wilco
Just now, Dazey said:

It was actually fucking awesome at the time. It really was.

it was, but only because we were used to primitive controllers like the NES rectangle and the Z button was revolutionary

the L button and D-pad (as unresponsive and shit as it is) are basically inaccessible in any game using the analog stick, it's just horribly impractical

easily the worst controller Nintendo ever made

2 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

it was, but only because we were used to primitive controllers like the NES rectangle and the Z button was revolutionary

the L button and D-pad (as unresponsive and shit as it is) are basically inaccessible in any game using the analog stick, it's just horribly impractical

The Genesis and PS1 controllers were better, IMO.

1 minute ago, bacardimayne said:

Was it really?

screenshot-2019-09-06-at-11-44-28.origin

What I find interesting is that the 90s were the last time there were more than 2-3 major consoles.
You had

The Atari Jaguar
Philips CDi
Panasonic 3DO
Amiga CD32
Neo Geo
TurboGrafix

etc

Plus all the peripherals for every console (Sega CD, Virtual Boy by Nintendo, etc)

Edited by Wilco
1 minute ago, Wilco said:

The Genesis and PS1 controllers were better, IMO.

Genesis 6 button controller was amazing. SNES controller was likewise. Saturn controller was probably the best 2D controller. PS1 digital controller was great but every Sony analog contoller until the Dual Shock 4 was shit.

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Genesis 6 button controller was amazing. SNES controller was likewise. Saturn controller was probably the best 2D controller. PS1 digital controller was great but every Sony analog contoller until the Dual Shock 4 was shit.

I never had the 6 button, just the classic 3 button Genesis controller. Liked SNES controller but the whole system was too kiddie for me.

Just now, Dazey said:

Was it really?

screenshot-2019-09-06-at-11-44-28.origin

fair enough but that thing failed deservingly miserably at least and it wasn't the "main" controller of the system, just some gimmick shit for a movie

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The transparent ones were the shit. I played NHL '99 and DK64 with my "see-thru" green controller all the time as a kid :lol:

Hide contents

645o0sfd9sx11.jpg

i remember the hosts on the zone on YTV shilling a jungle green N64 with donkey kong for like a week

that 90s seethru plastic aesthetic is goat

i had this game boy color

51TIgev9CUL._SY445_.jpg

1 minute ago, Wilco said:

What I find interesting is that the 90s were the last time there were more than 2-3 major consoles.
You had

The Atari Jaguar
Philips CDi
Panasonic 3DO
Amiga CD32
Neo Geo
TurboGrafix

etc

Plus all the peripherals for every console (Sega CD, Virtual Boy by Nintendo, etc)

As an old cunt who played all of the above at the time you're talking about three different console generations there.