Do you guys actually still give a shit about GNR?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now this is the Bill Brasky shit I love!! Is it true?   Is it complete horseshit?   Chances are we'll never know, but I love daydreaming about the idea that Axl wasn't full of shit and there really

There's a fuck ton more. This is one of my post you will remember. Axl has so many full songs with vox you would be shocked.   It all is different  too some ballads some industrial and some

Axl wanted  many nugnr albums and promotions    There were multiple times that Duff was back there were ideas and promotions set if Slash rejoined . Non of that however were truly Axl's visi

Posted Images

They are kind of omnipresent in my subconscious like the Stones. I think of GNR as just this thing you can enjoy. You go back and listen to Sticky Fingers, then the Stones announce a new tour and single. You listen to the single then put Black and Blue on and read Keef’s book. So I think Axl putting out a book and GNR announcing a tour and re-releasing the Stoned in LA t-shirt is like the afterlife of a GNR fan. 

For me the final straw was seeing how much they were charging for tickets for Las Vegas.  (Before the pandemic)

Just felt absurd considering how Mediocre they have been.

Can I afford to pay those prices? Yep. Will I ? Nope

Never going to a GNR concert again. Never giving them another dime quite frankly 

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

They could disappear forever and I would not give a fuck. That said, I will listen to new music if ever released by Rick or the record label.

I share exactly the same sentiment.

i couldn’t care enough to see them live or even care at all, but i’ll listen to any leaks or new music (lol). There is nothing else to look forward to.

They make it very hard to care by being relentlessly predictable and increasingly shit at what they do.

Tbh, I've given up hope of any new music and will never see them live again - even if they do finally make another album. Best case (highly unlikely) scenario - Axl finally puts out a record I enjoy, he's still gonna sound like dogshit live and I ain't paying for that.

I only really stick around the forums out of habit and because Axl's my favourite punchline. 

I dont ...i dont care about a new album,they are too old and lets be real AXL/Slash will never write and record together again.For years I thought that the AXL/Slash reunion will be one of the most important things in my life but when it finally happened -it was so disapointing ,i lost interest very fast .

I still listen to GNR almost daily ,i will always love the music.:slash:

I do, mostly for new music. Feel bummed out due to the lack of it, not many bands got as big as GNR with such a small back catalogue. I still think it could have gone the other way for GNR, with regards to AFD not re-entering the charts a year after release. 

3 hours ago, Ragnar said:

I doubt they give a shit whether some fans stopped caring or not. When something's released you all will fill the queue.....

We don’t matter. It’s all about somehow mobilizing the casual fans and in the olden days crossing over to the mainstream dreams of record execs. It seems like the perfect time to make an uncompromising hard rock record. Back in Black meets The Black album. Dressed in black. 

Edited by wasted

If Im honest with myself, while I was super pumped for GNR in 06/07 I think any actual creative spark ceased to exist somewhere in that 02-04 bracket.

The DJ years were like a (hilarious) train crash I couldn't stop watching...I thought my enthusiasm for GNR couldn't get any lower...until the current era.

It's amazing how Axl/TB have managed to somehow make having Slash and Duff back not be this awesome return of GNFNR...instead it's just like another version of NewGNR but with hired Slash and Duff.

With Frank, Melissa and Fortus there I just don't buy into it.

No disrespect to them as musicians but they aren't "GNR".

Adler behind the kit again was the highlight(s) for me- they sounded like the real fucking deal again for those few numbers and it was blatantly obvious.

If it's the AFD 5 (and Axl loses some weight) I'm onboard.

Until then, just here for the community.

Edited by Doctor Dom
26 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

If Im honest with myself, while I was super pumped for GNR in 06/07 I think any actual creative spark ceased to exist somewhere in that 02-04 bracket.

The DJ years were like a (hilarious) train crash I couldn't stop watching...I thought my enthusiasm for GNR couldn't get any lower...until the current era.

It's amazing how Axl/TB have managed to somehow make having Slash and Duff back not be this awesome return of GNFNR...instead it's just like another version of NewGNR but with hired Slash and Duff.

With Frank, Melissa and Fortus there I just don't buy into it.

No disrespect to them as musicians but they aren't "GNR".

Adler behind the kit again was the highlight(s) for me- they sounded like the real fucking deal again for those few numbers and it was blatantly obvious.

If it's the AFD 5 (and Axl loses some weight) I'm onboard.

Until then, just here for the community.

Totally agree. It was a total different vibe with Adler. Axl was more into it as well. There are only 4 drummers that i accept in GnR. Sorum, Adler, Hawkins and Grohl. 

If they wanna continue the NITL Shit, hire Izzy, Gilby, Sorum and Adler. And do a rotation during the whole show. That would be fun. 

Axl is the biggest asshole in the industry when it comes to Fan service

Edited by creed

As a band?

Nope. Not even after the reunion. They are basically a comedy source for me. Just for teh lulz

As for new music: i'd probably download it or even buy it, but i'm pretty sure their heydays are over and Axl, Slash and Duff is too old to create something truly remarkable anymore. Axl could still pull it off on a studio though. I like his rasp. I like his attitude and flavor he adds to songs. Slash can still bring out some good riffs. But without their original "hungry" (no pun intended) period and without Izzy, they are fucked artistically, imho. The fire is gone. The fanbase actually deserves a new record, if they were able to reunite, then make a new fucking record, for fuck sakes...even if it's shit or a bit generic.... but this is GNR, so... it's just a cashgrab at this point.

As for leaks: fuckyeah, leakshits are good shits, even though i'm not a fan of the CD era, but i saw that picture with the DAT's from the mid 90's, so there is hope

Live shows: as long as they keep playing the same songs with occasional deepcuts and Axl sounds like shit and his band just going through the motions, nope. I'm not going to pay for that. One show was enough in 2016. I'd go for an AFD 5 show, because Axl might give some effort, but the tickets will be at nosebleed  price, so probably no.  Needless to say i refuse to give TB any money for merch, because it's a shameless cashgrab with half assed products

GNR is cringeworthy, because most of the ordinary people only know NR and SCOM and maybe PC. I don't like those songs anymore either

I've been a fan of the rock band, not the cringe

Those days are long gone but we could "reminisce old memories"

So tl;dr nope, not even the 🎩

6 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

They're more than capable of creating awesome music. All it requires is a will to do so.

Let's see it objectively: Slash and Duff shat out generic albums and Axl failed on his own

Their last good album (UYI's) required Izzy. Different times you'd say, but this "awesome music" couldn't exist especially not from rich rockstars in their late 50's. Besides Axl will not start from scratch so it will be a clusterfuck anyways. Being generic is also a big concern (i'm looking at you, Slush) . Playing these alleged "new songs" live also shaky, because of Axl's inability to sing properly live

Sure, there will be one or two big "hits" or relatively good songs, no doubt they can pull it off, but as a good album, I don't think so

Any new music from GNR is a miracle so there is that. But objectively, this band is almost as fucking dead as Biden's braincells

Getting your hopes up for a good album is pretty pointless. These are old men, they will not reinvent the wheel and they are lazy (I'm looking at you Axl)

1 minute ago, Ragnar said:

They did but Slash will be able to leave his comfort zone and create something memorable. At least I hope so.

Debatable.

No, it's not because Axl has n't released anything bad in my book.

Well, that says it all...

I hope so too that they can bring out at least 2-3 decent songs which live up to their catalog though. But one thing i've learned in the past 30 years regarding GNR that getting your hopes up is a fucking bad idea overall

7 hours ago, creed said:

Totally agree. It was a total different vibe with Adler. Axl was more into it as well. There are only 4 drummers that i accept in GnR. Sorum, Adler, Hawkins and Grohl. 

Axl is the biggest asshole in the industry when it comes to Fan service

But I heard has really funny.....