Space Ghost

Banned/Suspended Members Discussion Thread

What bearing does it have on anything GNR-related, as far as what Madison does for a living? Was whoever sent Sunny that long post about Maddy, hella bored? I know a few things about a few people who I talk to off of here on Facebook but I wouldn't bring any of it up as it has no relevance to why (most of us anyway) we are here.

Edited by RancidGNRpunx87

no.one mentioned important, did they? i think you missed my humour.

Sorry, I was a bit nerve-wracked at the time and wanted to present the most thoughtful answer.

i understand, i read your other post (detailing this) after i posted mine [above], -friends again lol.

Damn! Fucking damn! Why did Madison want to deactivate her account here? She is one of the GN'R-boards best posters.

I will miss Madison but in all honesty I don't think she will happy until she has her own forum....I wish her luck...........

Guest saphire

Damn! Fucking damn! Why did Madison want to deactivate her account here? She is one of the GN'R-boards best posters.

Yea, she's an awesome poster - when you agree with her. Disagree and suddenly you're an obsessed bitter kid living in your parents basement and stalking her. :smiley-monkey:

I think she made the right decision. Hopefully she's out getting some air. And therapy.

Surprised to see Madison go and curious as to what spurred her decision. I don't recall any huge blowouts in the last few days. Maybe it was cumulative effect with the backlash towards her.

I respect her knowledge and dedication to the GN'R fan community over the years.

My disagreements with her really started with her habit of selectively responding to certain parts of my posts and turning around my words to mean something other than what they did. I also think she accepted no responsibility whatsoever for her own role in being ousted as mod at MyGNR and she had a huge role in that for inconsistently banning people among other things.

Ultimately I will not miss debating with her because I found it frustrating for several reasons, like the circular or non-existent logic, the predisposition towards confirmation bias and, as most recently discussed, she continually brought up Axl's rant against her and what happened at MyGNR. Also, the hypocrisy in criticizing others for being immature, rude and insulting when she continually did that (even though she refrained from profanity use).

I wish her well, but this place will be better without her, if only for the reason that so many threads she posted in ended up being about her and what happened with Axl and MyGNR. It didn't happen all the time obviously, but more than it should have, IMO.

Ali

I'm indifferent to madison, really, but my observation while on this site was that I was surprised this was not her site at first since it seemed to be more about madison than about GnR. Also, she seemed to state a lot of opinion as fact and then if she was challenged on that or losing whatever debate she resorted to name calling.

I have no idea about her history, her power here or elsewhere, her relationships with people here, how much business she has brought to GnR boards, her line of work. I'm just commenting on what I have observed since being here.

I'm indifferent to madison, really,

Sure you are :rolleyes: a quick perusal of your posts on this board says otherwise.

I think Sunset was one of the people that Madison accused of being Warchild for reasons I still don't understand. It just seemed that rather than have a debate on subject at hand, she turned it around to being about who she thought Sunset was.

Strange. But, all I can say is that Madison reaped what she sowed. And contrary to what was stated above, Madison was far from "pretty correct" on everything. Like Sunset said, she stated her opinion as fact quite a bit. She wasn't "definitely the voice of reason" as she stated on CD.com once (which was too hilarious to ever forget). She was just stating her opinion like everyone else.

Ali

Sure you are :rolleyes: a quick perusal of your posts on this board says otherwise.

I think Sunset was one of the people that Madison accused of being Warchild for reasons I still don't understand. It just seemed that rather than have a debate on subject at hand, she turned it around to being about who she thought Sunset was.

Strange. But, all I can say is that Madison reaped what she sowed. And contrary to what was stated above, Madison was far from "pretty correct" on everything. Like Sunset said, she stated her opinion as fact quite a bit. She wasn't "definitely the voice of reason" as she stated on CD.com once (which was too hilarious to ever forget). She was just stating her opinion like everyone else.

Ali

That's right. That whole warchild thing was kind of confusing and wierd but made me think he/she must have done something to really piss her off since she came at that with such a vengeance. But I'm not warchild and that's that.

Ali

This whole people stating their opinion as fact thing really needs to stop.

This is a forum, and it's given that anything anyone posts is their opinion and not fault, unless someone has factual evidence to back it up.

I think it's getting really old to even complain about people who you feel are staying a fact instead of an opinion.

Why even argue about something like that to derail threads? That is what debates are all about, making your side so strong people take it as fact and agree with you.

WE should really make a rule in this forum to stop claiming people are making their opinions out to be a fact if they are not coming out and staying its fact that ....... (on something that is clearly an opinion).

Its not stating anything as a fact if you say something like, oh we all know Axl blah blah, esp when there is evidence to back up those points.

It always seems that the people that cannot make a good rebuttal to someones opinion always claims they are stating something as a fact.

The thing people have to resume is this a forum and everyone is giving their opinions, stop claiming people are saying something is a fact and just rebate the issue at hand.

Edited by dave-gnfnr2k

Ali

This whole people stating their opinion as fact thing really needs to stop.

This is a forum, and it's given that anything anyone posts is their opinion and not fault, unless someone has factual evidence to back it up.

I think it's getting really old to even complain about people who you feel are staying a fact instead of an opinion.

Why even argue about something like that to derail threads? That is what debates are all about, making your side so strong people take it as fact and agree with you.

WE should really make a rule in this forum to stop claiming people are making their opinions out to be a fact if they are not coming out and staying its fact that ....... (on something that is clearly an opinion).

Its not stating anything as a fact if you say something like, oh we all know Axl blah blah, esp when there is evidence to back up those points.

It always seems that the people that cannot make a good rebuttal to someones opinion always claims they are stating something as a fact.

The thing people have to resume is this a forum and everyone is giving their opinions, stop claiming people are saying something is a fact and just rebate the issue at hand.

Not surprised you would take this stance, Dave, as you have been accused often of stating your opinion as fact on here and/or other boards. It really depends on how you state something, and Madison often stated her opinion as fact. I was not the only one to hold that opinion.

Ali

lol i wouldnt be surprised if people on here start saying bbbba lollllllll

he hanged himself on that long leach he was given, no surprises really

lol i wouldnt be surprised if people on here start saying bbbba lollllllll

he hanged himself on that long leach he was given, no surprises really

didnt you get the memo?

its everyone elses fault.

:driving:

I am disappointed BBA did not wait a single day and return.

that wouldnt have changed anything... his ship was sinking faster than a estonian ferry.

I am disappointed BBA did not wait a single day and return.

I agree but he did seem more eradic in his final few days...

I wonder what he will do with all his free time...keep working on trading his hob footage???

Has the weird fucker tried to get back on here since he was banned? I didn't think he'd go down without a fight that easily. :)