Why is Frank so impossibly bad at drumming/keeping time?

Even Adler, at the peak of his heroin addiction at Farm Aid, was better.
How the fuck can a guy be literally so bad at his instrument, and still have a job?
Surely Axl, or Slash, or Duff has to hear how off tempo he is and how he fucks up the timing of all the songs, and how he doesn't keep to the original rhythm of the songs in any way. I get drummers wanna do their own take on things, but even his rhythmic sense doesn't reflect the songs at all. Sorum may have been less swingy than Adler but at least he kept the same basic beat as the songs originally had. Frank just does like, his own new thing that vaguely resembles the original drums.

1 hour ago, Wilco said:

Even Adler, at the peak of his heroin addiction at Farm Aid, was better.
How the fuck can a guy be literally so bad at his instrument, and still have a job?
Surely Axl, or Slash, or Duff has to hear how off tempo he is and how he fucks up the timing of all the songs, and how he doesn't keep to the original rhythm of the songs in any way. I get drummers wanna do their own take on things, but even his rhythmic sense doesn't reflect the songs at all. Sorum may have been less swingy than Adler but at least he kept the same basic beat as the songs originally had. Frank just does like, his own new thing that vaguely resembles the original drums.

What's so bad about him?   Got a few specific examples?

Frank is as lame as Fortus. I do agree. And he always admitted like Freese and Braun that he never was into GNR. So whats the point in having him in when they're going nostalgia ways? Frank is useless. 

Edited by creed

Have you all learned nothing?

Its the same answer as everything else ...

Because thats what Fat Axl wants.

Besides Fat Boy probably enjoys watching Slosh and Doof struggle to try and play along to Shit Frank.

Edited by RedHook

The whole Guns sound sounds off with Frank but he's still better than Lars. I do find it funny Sorum wakes up angry because Axl won't let him be part of the band, you know for a fact the second Sorum found out Slash & Duff were back in, he was waiting by the phone waiting for his phone call, and it didn't happen so he threw his toys out the pram and badmouthed Slash & Duff in his book passive aggressively,  while throwing Axl digs along the way. 

I think it comes down to loyalty and that Axl didn’t see it as a reunion. Tommy and Ron couldn’t do the touring anymore. Axl didn’t replace anyone who didn’t quit. Dj was offered a place on the tour, he quit to let Izzy back. Pitman was in until he spoke out of turn about something. 

It was Duff that didn’t want Adler, and maybe Matt is the same. Pitman and Tommy were both pretty drunk. 

This is the story of how the The Rehab Roses were formed. 

Izzy wants the AFD 5, Slash and Duff wanted the money and to make everything better again. 

Overall I think it was going pretty well until bat time turned into bat soup. 

We’ee also forgetting Slash wanted Fortus in his solo band, Frank has played with Fortus for years. Axl could write with Huge but not Gilby, Slash couldn’t play with Huge. Both Axl n Slash like Fortus. Fortus is like the reverse Yoko Ono of GNR. Without Fortus it falls apart. 

Edited by wasted

Axl is basically the Bob Dylan of hair metal, the band is put together by people like Tommy or Duff and then Axl has his pick like Bucket. Izzy and Steven are out because of insurance issues cited by the promoters. Axl sings in falsetto Mickey to make things more interesting for himself and as a protest to his slavery. 

If he wants he can go Axl DC. Is it a coincidence when CD came out Axl was on fire vocally? When they wouldn’t release CD II in 2010 he checked out. 

I expect if a new record comes out Axl will get back on the bike and be Axl Guns again. Bring back the oxygen tent. 

Edited by wasted
6 hours ago, wasted said:

I think it comes down to loyalty

Has less to do with "loyalty" has more to do with Frank being humble and laid-back.

He knows his place unlike Scrotum. Who's a loud-mouthed and opinionated cunt with a big ego.

7 hours ago, creed said:

Frank is as lame as Fortus

Shooting No Country For Old Men GIF by The Good Films

19 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

The whole Guns sound sounds off with Frank but he's still better than Lars. I do find it funny Sorum wakes up angry because Axl won't let him be part of the band, you know for a fact the second Sorum found out Slash & Duff were back in, he was waiting by the phone waiting for his phone call, and it didn't happen so he threw his toys out the pram and badmouthed Slash & Duff in his book passive aggressively,  while throwing Axl digs along the way. 

Every dig that Sorum throws towards Axl is 100% warranted tho