Pizza. Only pizza. All kinds (except Papa John's)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the game tonight  

LADY DOOM and I made these for our dinner tonight. Fucking delicious.    

Just tucking into this now.    Salami, Pepperoni, Chilli and Rocket (Arugula) with Buffalo Mozzarella and Basil.    It's unreal. 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Manhattan said:

I'm gonna make pizza this weekend.

I have some tomatoes that need using. 

I'll proof the dough Fri/Sat and cook Sunday. Gonna do Detroit Style and maybe a pie or two normal. 

Any tips anyone and @AxlisOld?

Canola/veggie or Avocado oil in the pan. They're neutral and have a high smoke point. Rise the dough at room temp for an hour or so. I use Roma tomatoes because I can't be bothered to track down San Marzonos. Cheese that motherfucker to the edge to get that delicious cheesy fried crust. Stack your pepp on the very top to get it crispy and curled. No top cheese. Detroit can have sauce on the top or under cheese, I usually go Little Caesars style and sauce under cheese, but it's your choice.

18 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I made this beauty today. 🍕 

image.thumb.png.837170d25394611620bd3a06ba7df5c5.png

And I found some leftover PJ sauce above the cupboard. 

Digging the mini deep dish. Well played.

1 minute ago, AxlisOld said:

Canola/veggie or Avocado oil in the pan. They're neutral and have a high smoke point. Rise the dough at room temp for an hour or so. I use Roma tomatoes because I can't be bothered to track down San Marzonos. Cheese that motherfucker to the edge to get that delicious cheesy fried crust. Stack your pepp on the very top to get it crispy and curled. No top cheese. Detroit can have sauce on the top or under cheese, I usually go Little Caesars style and sauce under cheese, but it's your choice.

My detroit styles have turned out better than the normals. The circle crust has always been underdone and lacking in flavor. Between seasoning the dough, proof time, and a nice brushing of oil I'm hoping this time is difference

5 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

If anything, I just add a little garlic powder and dried basil and oregano.

Ok cool thanks. I saw recipes with sugar and salt and I did garlic powder before. I’m probably overthinking it but just want some tasty pizza

8 minutes ago, Manhattan said:

Ok cool thanks. I saw recipes with sugar and salt and I did garlic powder before. I’m probably overthinking it but just want some tasty pizza

I don't think I've ever used sugar. The rise is the most important part.

6 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

I don't think I've ever used sugar. The rise is the most important part.

Do you mean anything in particular about the rise? I'm gonna let it proof for longer than I've ever done it before so that alone should yield great results. 

3 minutes ago, Manhattan said:

Do you mean anything in particular about the rise? I'm gonna let it proof for longer than I've ever done it before so that alone should yield great results. 

Cold rise in the fridge, thanking on the counter is supposedly the best, never tried, not patient enough. Mine always sites for an hour in my mixer. It's heated to about 100°. More rise in the dough, more air pockets, more bubbles of crispy wonder.

• 2 weeks later...