Imagine if say, select UYI songs were redone in a simpler, more 70s style, for Bad Obsession done in a looser, funkier, 70s Stonesy style with more punchy rhythm guitar, more swing; You Ain't the First done with maybe an autoharp or mandolin added, Dust N' Bones with again, more of a 70s mix with stronger guitar interplay, looser. More barroom piano underlining where Slash's stronger lead guitar lines are.

Just picture the UYIs, the rockier tracks, done with 70s era production values and musical techniques and stylings. Sort of like, you take the swing of Bad Bad Leroy Brown or the raw barroom feel of the song Let it Bleed, and you apply that sorta lens to the UYI tracks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

B R I A N M E L L O T R O N J O N E S

UYI came out 30 years ago.   THIRTY.  FUCKING.  YEARS.   Nothing needs to be changed, removed, added, subtracted, or fucked with in any way.   Even "My World."   What's done is don

You're a fuckwit.

What production style is UYI? I feel like the songs are kind of 70s or 80s style songs but the production isn’t hard rock or I don’t associate it with 70s or 80s hard rock or grunge. It’s not a production I think of as the 90s. It’s kind of bridge from Hair Metal to Alt rock. It really kicked open the door heavy bands to get signed. An album with thrash rock songs like Right Next Door to Hell was selling millions. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

No.

I don't have a problem with any of the UYI songs listed in OP.

Get the fuck outta here with autoharp and mandolin.

Fun fact: A mandolin is on the song Battle of Evermore.

The Killing Moon - Echo & the Bunnymen features autoharp

2 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

UYI came out 30 years ago.

THIRTY.  FUCKING.  YEARS.

Nothing needs to be changed, removed, added, subtracted, or fucked with in any way.   Even "My World."   What's done is done.  It's OVER.   It's ancient fucking history.

When you first made this topic ten years ago, the albums were already TWENTY fucking years old.

Nobody cares anymore, nobody wants to "reimagine" what "could have been" or "what a single disc UYI would sound like."

Stop reposting the same bullshit boring ass fucking SHIT your xanax-riddled skull shat out three dozen times in the last decade.  You're like that fucker in Memento.

I would so love to have a drink with you one day and just listen to you get looser than a 60 year old last surviving whore in Beirut 

6 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Nothing needs to be changed, removed, added, subtracted, or fucked with in any way.   Even "My World."   What's done is done.  It's OVER.   It's ancient fucking history.

When you first made this topic ten years ago, the albums were already TWENTY fucking years old.

Nobody cares anymore, nobody wants to "reimagine" what "could have been" or "what a single disc UYI would sound like."

Stop reposting the same bullshit boring ass fucking SHIT your xanax-riddled skull shat out three dozen times in the last decade.  You're like that fucker in Memento.

Exactly my thoughts

Even though some less reverb on the drums would have been beneficial on some songs, UYI is 30 now

From Matt's stupid book, we could learn why Axl wanted to make a double album, it was a bold move financially for the band, but it worked. Probably Axl's only megalomaniac idea which actually worked big time

13 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

There's not much to talk about when it comes to GN'R and lately it just seems to be a circle jerk of fat jokes cause that's honestly all there is to talk about.

I still enjoy the band and try to make things to talk about but let us be honest and say that ANY topic that can be discussed has ALREADY been discussed by me, by you, by everyone else on multiple occasions.

It's not my fault the band gives us nothing new to talk about outside of how depressing the whole thing is. 

1 hour ago, Wilco said:

There's not much to talk about when it comes to GN'R and lately it just seems to be a circle jerk of fat jokes cause that's honestly all there is to talk about.

I still enjoy the band and try to make things to talk about but let us be honest and say that ANY topic that can be discussed has ALREADY been discussed by me, by you, by everyone else on multiple occasions.

It's not my fault the band gives us nothing new to talk about outside of how depressing the whole thing is. 

Then we need a "Miser "demake" thread where people describe in details how can we get rid of you from the GNR community, altogether

1 hour ago, Wilco said:

But it's your fault that instead of bumping your shitty older threads, you make a new one for the EXACT same topic

fuck you

34 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Then we need a "Miser "demake" thread where people describe in details how can we get rid of you from the GNR community, altogether

He's left probably, no joke, like a hundred times. He always just reregisters because his life sucks and he has nothing except forums.

45 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

He's left probably, no joke, like a hundred times. He always just reregisters because his life sucks and he has nothing except forums.

Well, no, I'm also doing charity work in a sense. I gotta give you to focus on or else there'd be a murder-suicide in rainy old Washington.

Edited by Wilco
41 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

Fun fact: Moby Dick features a variety of instruments called "drums" and "cymbals"...these are arranged on stands and commonly called a "drum kit".

The "drum kit" is then struck with wooden sticks, these are called "drum sticks".

Very interesting.

9 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Well, no, I'm also doing charity work in a sense. I gotta give you to focus on or else there'd be a murder-suicide in rainy old Washington.

We both know you contribute nothing to this world.