Would you be down for a VERY back to basics record?

Forget even like, the polish of AFD (and it is polished to a degree), would you dig an album of songs along the lines of Shadow of Your Love, Anything Goes (Hollywood Rose version), Back Off Bitch, Perfect Crime, and Nice Boys if Guns ever do get around to releasing a new album? Just straight ahead, angry rock songs with maybe a max of 2 ballads? 

5 hours ago, Ragnar said:

No because SOYL, BOB and AG are at the bottom of the band's discography. They' d have to do better than those clunkers.

GNR is a rock band, not a faggot AOR band, so your point is debatable

I mean the lyrics for those songs are shit, but the music is better than what we had in the last 30 years from them

Btw they will never write songs like that again. They aren't young or hungry anymore. Fat rich rockstars wrote ballads, not angry rock songs. They have nothing to "rebel" against anymore

7 hours ago, Wilco said:

Forget even like, the polish of AFD (and it is polished to a degree), would you dig an album of songs along the lines of Shadow of Your Love, Anything Goes (Hollywood Rose version), Back Off Bitch, Perfect Crime, and Nice Boys if Guns ever do get around to releasing a new album? Just straight ahead, angry rock songs with maybe a max of 2 ballads? 

I was listening to AFD 5.1 version on studio quality headphone monitors and I'd argue it is very polished. There are as many layers of Axl on most songs as there are on Chinese. There's more stitched together leads and solos than you'd expect. A lot of fader fuckery going on. 

1 hour ago, Ragnar said:

No shit, I did n't :lol:. It's possible to write better and "angry" Rock songs than b-side crap like SOYL, AG and BOB......

Possible, but not for GNR, not anymore

Btw all of those songs are basically Hollywood Rose covers so....

People like Chris Weber and Paul Tobias (footnote tier guitarists)  has the writing credits mostly

Still better songs than So Fine, half of CD songs, better than a lot of UYI fillers etc. etc.

Out of all the mentioned 3 songs, AG is the weakest, it's like a Motley Crue b-side lol

BOB (aside from the lyrics) and SOYL are actually good little rock tunes. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's better than hearing an Axl ballad for the 6 th time in a set

I'll buy a ticket to have a good time, not to mourn Axl's past relationships with hoes while pretending to be an Elton John clone on the piano

A meat & potatoes rock n roll record with 50+ year olds, the lyrics would have to be better than those on Appetite these are not young men anymore, they would need Izzy on board for it to work. I'd be down for hearing what would have came after Illusions & Spaghetti Incident, but I doubt we would ever hear anything from those sessions unless it leaked. 

People forget one thing. If Axl would have released CD as Triple Album, this would have been it. He is totally out of ideas and not interested in doing vocals. So if they release a new album, thats it. It will be their last album ever. At least with Rose as lead singer. 

Edited by creed

I can't believe that most people stayed the whole show...

Axl - Horrible

Slash - the worst Slash I've ever heard. He even played better when he was totally fucked in the late 90s

Fortus - absolute pointless solos

Duff - ok, as always

Frank - as mediocre as always

Adlers band is ten 10 times better. Ok, they should change the lead guitarist, but Amiri is absolutely amazing as Axl. Its like listening to Axl in his prime. 

Adler should hire Gilby and Ashba or another lead guitarist from Youtube and it would be the perfect GNR experience for me. 

Edited by creed

I've been saying since the cash grab started; if we ever get a new record, it'll be similar to van halens last record, where it'll be all rehashed old demos and vaulted stuff, likely most of which we already heard. But instead of re-recorded vocals, it'll be 20 year old axl vocals with layered slash and duff parts over the mix. 

That's the best we're gonna get if anything ever does come out 

3 hours ago, Ragnar said:

You must be deaf. Forced rasp is more horrible than Axl's current frog rasp. Then again, you like Creed so.............

LOL. Axl's Mickey voice is better? Where? In Disneyland? 

Scott Stapp HAD an amazing and unique voice, too. You can't deny that. Their last album was horrible and cheesy as fuck.