The Bill Brasky Diaries

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only way i would pay to see gnr pending Axl dropping 75 pounds has happened.    Fernando somehow pulled it off.    Over the last few months many friends have told me they have

@Bill brasky   NITL 4ever reface-2021-01-25-01-08-44.mp4

dj replacing fortus would be the final nail in the shitcoffin of this awful band

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

until 1999

2000 recordings from the Village were Mickey

That was the year that changed everything, but he still got some rasp even in 2000-01

In 2002, it was a fucking disaster. he had energy on live shows, but his voice was fucked up

2006 had the "best of both worlds" (as possible) , 2009 we were entering the fat era, but he still had his original voice until 2011 when Yellow raincoat happened. Since then (with a few minor exceptions) only AXL/DC got rasp, the rest was a joke or "frog rasp" which is not really the real thing. Shows 2011-12 onwrds were unlistenable and painful and people all around the world should have been demanded their money back

If you try and argue with this, you are either tone deaf or just stupid and biased as fuck and basically a waste of oxygen

Philly 2012 was a good show. Seattle 2011 was mostly good, too. He could still sing well when he wanted to in those years, he just didn't give a fuck 99% of the time. 

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Philly 2012 was a good show. Seattle 2011 was mostly good, too. He could still sing well when he wanted to in those years, he just didn't give a fuck 99% of the time. 

Nah, he never pulled it of for a whole show. Except AxlDC

46 minutes ago, creed said:

Nah, he never pulled it of for a whole show. Except AxlDC

Even with AC/DC there were a few weaker songs but for the most part he was good and deserved the praise he got. The same could be said about a handful of shows from the '11-14 era, every now and then he'd prove he still 'had it' but then he'd go back to coasting through the shows.

3 hours ago, GNR FAMMER said:

No

the village vocals are all from 1999, and the live era raspy/clean vocals are from 1998.

how could you know? I mean CD's said 2000.... or even 2001

or that was just the mixes?

How do we know?

Btw Live Era has been in the works since 1996 (there was an actual copy of an 96 version)

It's obvious he re-recorded some parts but the exact recording dates are unknown except for SCOM which was recorded in 99

Estranged probably got re-recorded at that point too

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nope

It wasn't good, by his normal standards. That's a fan myth after shitshow after shit starting 2011 onwards

Yeah, Philly 12 was strong because he wanted to make it up for the no show in 2002. That was the ONLY exception, and no, Seattle 2011 was shit just like the rest of the tour but in retrospect it might seems better because he significantly got worse over the years

Frog rasp sucks ass, he still has frog rasp, but that's not sustainable nor sounds good

I'd never thought he could pull off AXL/DC, that is the "he could still sing well"

But even then, it was forced and basically killed his voice in the longterm (possibly for good)

Often wonder if his AXL/DC voice would have been lasted for more tour legs... i doubt it

3 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Nope

It wasn't good, by his normal standards. That's a fan myth after shitshow after shit starting 2011 onwards

Yeah, Philly 12 was strong because he wanted to make it up for the no show in 2002. That was the ONLY exception, and no, Seattle 2011 was shit just like the rest of the tour but in retrospect it might seems better because he significantly got worse over the years

Frog rasp sucks ass, he still has frog rasp, but that's not sustainable nor sounds good

I'd never thought he could pull off AXL/DC, that is the "he could still sing well"

But even then, it was forced and basically killed his voice in the longterm (possibly for good)

Often wonder if his AXL/DC voice would have been lasted for more tour legs... i doubt it

No way his AC/DC voice would've lasted another tour... it was pretty much on its last legs by the Philly show. Even Brian Johnson only had a few years where he actually sounded good singing those songs and he was a lot younger than Axl...

You can think whatever you want be he did have a few good shows between 2011-14 :shrugs2:

3 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

how could you know? I mean CD's said 2000.... or even 2001

or that was just the mixes?

How do we know?

Btw Live Era has been in the works since 1996 (there was an actual copy of an 96 version)

It's obvious he re-recorded some parts but the exact recording dates are unknown except for SCOM which was recorded in 99

Estranged probably got re-recorded at that point too

The mixes are 2000, but Axl recorded a shit ton vocals in one week in the fall of 1999

The live era 1996 copy was a misprint

Live Era started to be worked on in early 1998, according to engineers who worked in the studio at the time

and in April 1999, Slash confirmed that "the live album" was finished and was going to be released later in the year

"Estranged guitarist Slash is telling his official fan Web site that sessions relating to Guns N' Roses' long-rumored live album will be getting underway with mixer Andy Wallace sometime in July. Wallace's management company confirms that the studio veteran is booked for the sessions from July 12 through to the 29th." (MTV, 07/09/99)

"[Axl's] even given his new bandmates [...] the month of July off, which is when work on the live disc is supposed to be done." (Rocktropolis, 07/16/99)

"On the Guns' horizon is [...] a live record featuring mostly "Appetite For Destruction"-era material. This will include a revamped version of the classic "Sweet Child O'Mine", which incorporates a live version dating back several years which has been embellished with guitar parts from Finck and Huge." (Metal Hammer, 08/14/99)

"Me and Andy Wallace were in the studio and mixed the album every day in last August. He is great. Slash called me up and asked me how the sound was like, because he was busy working on his record." (Duff, Burrn Magazine, 12/99)

"Slash says the album will have to meet the approval of the GN'R members before it's ready for production. He is working on mixing it, and sometimes Duff will come in and help out." (Dust N' Bones mailing list, 08/08/99) 

"Guns N' Roses return [...] with a re-recorded version of 'Sweet Child O' Mine', used at the end of the new Adam Sandler comedy Big Daddy. The track uses a live version of the song recorded on the band's last European tour before going into a new version recorded by the new G'N'R lineup. The band - which is essentially just Axl Rose without any original Gunners - are still supposed to release their long overdue album, provisionally entitled '2000 Intentions' before the end of the year."  (06/30/99)

"As we previously reported, Sheryl Crow's cover of the band's 1987 hit "Sweet Child O' Mine" appears on the "Big Daddy" soundtrack album. But that's not the only version of the track that can be heard in "Big Daddy." In theaters, moviegoers can hear what appears to be a live version of the song by Guns N' Roses played over the movie's end credits. (The song is not included on the soundtrack CD.) [...] The sessions were produced by Sean Beavan and engineered by Critter.

[...] [Music supervisor] Lori Lahman says that the initial part of the song features the near-original group (Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke, and Matt Sorum) recorded live at a concert in Paris. More than halfway through that rendition, the new band - presumably Rose, guitarists Robin Finck and Paul Huge, drummer Josh Freese, bassist Tommy Stinson, and keyboardist Dizzy Reed - kicks in with tracks of the same song recently recorded in the studio. The tune's intro also includes a voice repeating the word, "Figaro," which was a last-minute addition "for fun," courtesy of Rose, says Lahman." (MTV, 07/11/99)

Hi,

4tus is more than ever in GN'R. Huge contributions to the new record too.

I have no news abour Izzy but if he signed, it would be for a guest spot, like in 2006. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

4tus is the bone. 

11 hours ago, GNR FAMMER said:

The mixes are 2000, but Axl recorded a shit ton vocals in one week in the fall of 1999

The live era 1996 copy was a misprint

Live Era started to be worked on in early 1998, according to engineers who worked in the studio at the time

and in April 1999, Slash confirmed that "the live album" was finished and was going to be released later in the year

Lol one week

Seems the album's vocals were basically done in a week

So fat so shit

2 hours ago, caraibes said:

Hi,

4tus is more than ever in GN'R. Huge contributions to the new record too.

I have no news abour Izzy but if he signed, it would be for a guest spot, like in 2006. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

4tus is the bone. 

Any truth to the rumour that FRANK RICHARDS has become more of a bestial guitarer and songwriter than Richard and has rerecorded all of his parts on the new album?

Just now, KFCBucket said:

Making Fortus the songwriter and composer on all of the new albums songs and then firing him to bring back Izzy is actually a 100% Axl Rose move.

I can believe it.

Dude, Richard is in GN'R more than ever. Don't worry.