Jump to content

Pat Smear vs. Gilby Clarke


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There can only be one correct answer to this question. Brian Jones.

Almost like he's full of shit and just wants to sound edgy or something. "Never heard a Foo Fighters song" yeah that's possible.

There's only one Spaceman and his name is Ace Frehley.   Ack!

1 minute ago, AxlisOld said:

Goddamn, Miser's knowledgeable. Everyone look how knowledgeable he is. You all can have your opinions, but Miser has the answer to them.


Never said that....I just didn't think many people knew Kurt fired everyone and wanted to reform Nirvana with different people. I've become a pretty big Nirvana fan and I thought it was a neat fact and plays into the conspiracies with his death.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AxlisOld said:

Goddamn, Miser's knowledgeable. Everyone look how knowledgeable he is. You all can have your opinions, but Miser has the answer to them.

He makes a post and dosen't even know what one of the guitar players resume is.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

He makes a post and dosen't even know what one of the guitar players resume is.

 

Almost like he's full of shit and just wants to sound edgy or something.

"Never heard a Foo Fighters song" yeah that's possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Almost like he's full of shit and just wants to sound edgy or something.

"Never heard a Foo Fighters song" yeah that's possible.


Actually, it is possible. I don't listen to the radio. I haven't listened to the radio since I was a kid and drove around in my parents' car, and we used to listen to the classic rock radio station which played mostly 60s-80s music. Is it possible I heard a Foo Fighters song at some point in 29 years? Sure. But I do not honestly and truly recall ever hearing one, and I've never had any interest in them. It's not to sound edgy, I just never had any interest in them, or exploring them, the same way I never had any interest in Oasis. I heard one song by them once or twice and never really had any interest in hearing anything further. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Lol nothing about that letter SCREAMS "heroin" or anything.

 

Sure, it's fucking common knowledge he was a massive junkie especially by 94 but I mean dude he also fucking hated Krist and Dave by the end according to various accounts and books and what have you. The last year of the band from everything I've read was basically three guys hating each other and Pat was brought in, like Billy Preston was with The Beatles, to help ease tensions (and help Kurt's struggling guitar skills live)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wilco said:


Actually, it is possible. I don't listen to the radio. I haven't listened to the radio since I was a kid and drove around in my parents' car, and we used to listen to the classic rock radio station which played mostly 60s-80s music. Is it possible I heard a Foo Fighters song at some point in 29 years? Sure. But I do not honestly and truly recall ever hearing one, and I've never had any interest in them. It's not to sound edgy, I just never had any interest in them, or exploring them, the same way I never had any interest in Oasis. I heard one song by them once or twice and never really had any interest in hearing anything further. 

No it's not to sound edgy, it's to try and make you sound special, to stand out, like you're so against the grain you couldn't have possibly heard this massive band that gets radio play every 17 minutes. Bet you've never eaten at Pizza Hut either. Yeah you've totally never heard Everlong or Learn to Fly. Goddamn I wish I was like you. I'd have to hate black people though, so that's out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

No it's not to sound edgy, it's to try and make you sound special, to stand out, like you're so against the grain you couldn't have possibly heard this massive band that gets radio play every 17 minutes. Bet you've never eaten at Pizza Hut either. Yeah you've totally never heard Everlong or Learn to Fly. Goddamn I wish I was like you. I'd have to hate black people though, so that's out.

 

Why would not being into The Foo Fighters make me sound special? I don't really consider myself 'against the grain'....I consider myself just, me, I'm pretty fucking mediocre compared to my awesome as shit sister. That's what happens when you have two parents who are 36 when they had you - you get the junk DNA. I fucking love Pizza Hut, but our favorite pizza places are Papa John's and Bari's (local place).  I will also say that before I met my girlfriend, I never in my life ate at Taco Bell and now I love it. There was a lot of shit I never did when I was younger because after my sister moved out, I had parents who were older and in their own ways pretty conservative. Like I said it's very possible I've heard a song by The Foo Fighters. I just honestly don't remember it, because them and their music never stood out to me, and I never had any interest in it. From as far back as I can remember they were labelled extremely tame, safe, utterly commercial rock, and that they were disappointing compared to Nirvana, so, I wasn't interested. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilco said:

 

Why would not being into The Foo Fighters make me sound special? I don't really consider myself 'against the grain'....I consider myself just, me, I'm pretty fucking mediocre compared to my awesome as shit sister. That's what happens when you have two parents who are 36 when they had you - you get the junk DNA. I fucking love Pizza Hut, but our favorite pizza places are Papa John's and Bari's (local place).  I will also say that before I met my girlfriend, I never in my life ate at Taco Bell and now I love it. There was a lot of shit I never did when I was younger because after my sister moved out, I had parents who were older and in their own ways pretty conservative. Like I said it's very possible I've heard a song by The Foo Fighters. I just honestly don't remember it, because them and their music never stood out to me, and I never had any interest in it. From as far back as I can remember they were labelled extremely tame, safe, utterly commercial rock, and that they were disappointing compared to Nirvana, so, I wasn't interested. 

Favorite pizza: Papa John's. Supposed New Yorker (Jerseyite)

 

Yup, the Xanax has rotted your brain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Favorite pizza: Papa John's. Supposed New Yorker (Jerseyite)

 

Yup, the Xanax has rotted your brain.


....? Because I'm from and live in New York, and lived in NJ for 5 years, I'm not supposed to like Papa Johns? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Wilco said:


....? Because I'm from and live in New York, and lived in NJ for 5 years, I'm not supposed to like Papa Johns? 

No, you're not supposed to like Papa Johns because it's shit.

 

Living in New York just makes it worse, since you have instant access to top-tier pizza.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Doctor Dom said:

There's only one Spaceman and his name is Ace Frehley.

 

Ack!

Yeah tell that to KISS in 2020

http://www.kiss2020goodbye.com/

Filmed with more than 50 cameras and 360-degree views, this show produced by Landmarks Live can be seen globally with ticketing technology and livestream powered by TIXR and experienced like no other virtual concert before. You’re invited to spend New Year’s Eve with The Demon, The Starchild, The Spaceman, and The Catman as they rock out of 2020 and roll into 2021…all night!

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilco said:


I'm being deadass. I've never in my life listened to The Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl was a cool drummer in Nirvana but I listen to Nirvana for Kurt Cobain and his lyrics, melodies and guitar playing. I've never had any interest in any Nirvana solo projects. I like Nirvana and Hole, and that's the intent of it for me. Kurt could've reformed the entire band with different members like he was planning on doing before he died, and it'd still be Nirvana to me. Nirvana to me is like Nine Inch Nails - it's TECHNICALLY a band, but really, it was about one guy. 

 

And yes, Kurt really sent a letter to Krist and Dave in March 1994 saying they were fired and he was going to refound Nirvana with all new members (likely Pat Smear on guitar and Eric Erlandson on bass). He demo'ed a version of Do Re Mi on March 25th 1994 with that lineup. He played drums and sang.

Believe it or not, Dave is more famous now because of the Foo shit

 

Kurt and Nirvana is still famous to some extent

Kurt never fired them and in fact encouraged this Pat Smear dude to write new ideas for songs. Kurt wanted all of them contribute more to the songwriting, he  mentioned it in a few interviews, not too long before his death

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...