Are Led Zeppelin one of those bands you kinda get over once you grow up?

7 hours ago, wasted said:

The Doors are much more well defined. Like is Coda a vital album.

Not comparable.

One was busy singing a out elves and the other was a drunk with mental problems. 

The drunk with mental problems was better. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly glad you are back @Ragnar

Yes.  Absolutely.   I remember rocking the fuck out to ZEPPPP every day of my life.   Then....on the morning of my 30th birthday....I put on "Good Times, Bad Times" and it just sou

@Wilco did you know Brian Jones, John Paul Jones, Tommy Lee Jones and Indiana Jones were siblings ? true story......

Posted Images

I was talking about The Doors just having the perfect discography with no mediocre albums. But yeah the Doors were on a different level, the most believable mythology. Zepp we’re doing songs about Hobbits. 

On 11/19/2020 at 12:19 PM, bacardimayne said:

zeppelin wishes they were half as talented as the doors

Robbie Krieger was a very underrated guitarist. Most people focus on Jim and Ray, but Robbie was a pretty excellent guitarist. He also wrote quite a few of their hits if I remember correctly.

Edit: "Krieger wrote or co-wrote many of the Doors' songs, including the hits "Light My Fire", "Love Me Two Times", "Touch Me", and "Love Her Madly"

4 hours ago, Ragnar said:

80% of The Doors' output is god damn shit. Turgid hippy rubbish. They had more bad songs than good. I read too much bullshit about Led Zeppelin. All I can do is laugh.........

Morrison Hotel is one of the best rock records ever made....So gotta give them that. And LA Woman is one of the best blues rock records.

23 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Fuck off. The Doors are a god damn treasure. 

Sorry Nate but they're shit mostly. Awful hippie trash. Morrison was a drunk and junkie retard who thought his gibberish was some deep and meaningful "poetry".

In reality, it was just that, a drug induced gibberish. Droves of unwashed, smelly and tree hugging, lovey dovey hippies bought his gimmick. Worst of all, he himself thought he was a "genius". He was n't. He was a pretentious moron who liked to get all "poetic".

8 hours ago, Ragnar said:

80% of The Doors' output is god damn shit. Turgid hippy rubbish. They had more bad songs than good. I read too much bullshit about Led Zeppelin. All I can do is laugh.........

I don't agree with your ratio there, but there's a lot of there stuff where Jim's contributions are half baked- as in he had a great idea for half the song and then the band just fills in the other half where he just chucks whatever in occasionally.

5 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Legit had a guy talk to me like this in a guitar shop when I told him I fuckin hated The Beatles.

"Get the first album, listen to it for a month, listen all the way through, appreciate it. Move on to the next, consider where they went from the first album..."

Dude, fuck off.

I don't know if you ever really, or need to, "get over" a band or artist as you get older. You should still be able to appreciate something you enjoyed at the time, even if you look at it in a new light. I mean, isn't that how we're all here? Shrodinger's Guns N' Roses, simultaneously great fun and FAT SHIT.

4 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Legit had a guy talk to me like this in a guitar shop when I told him I fuckin hated The Beatles.

"Get the first album, listen to it for a month, listen all the way through, appreciate it. Move on to the next, consider where they went from the first album..."

Dude, fuck off.

Imagine listening to Please Please Me for a month

29 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

The Doors > Guns N' Roses

The Doors did more songs in 4 years than GN'R did in 35. They were only active from 1967 to 1971 and did around 72 songs. They put out an album every single year they were a band, no four year gaps like between AFD and the Illusions.

3 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

The Doors music was chaotic and energetic. Most Zeppelin sounds like music you'd place over a montage of Gandalf taking the Hobbits to Gondor.

Also, I'd say their production sound has held up better than Zep's. Almost all their records still sound pretty fresh and new despite using primitive keyboards and such. There's still a snap to those first two records, and to Morrison Hotel and LA Woman. Some of Zep's records sound VERY 70s.

7 hours ago, Wilco said:

Also, I'd say their production sound has held up better than Zep's. Almost all their records still sound pretty fresh and new despite using primitive keyboards and such. There's still a snap to those first two records, and to Morrison Hotel and LA Woman. Some of Zep's records sound VERY 70s.

Yeah that must be why no one ever references or tries to duplicate Zep's sound, drums in particular. The doors fuckin suck.