BRIAN JOHNSON Praises AXL ROSE's Work With AC/DC: 'I've Got A Lot Of Respect For What He Did'

Just heard the new AC/DC album

generic, but with a few good effects. Brian's voice seems ok to me. Some of the filler songs are more generic than usual. Of course it's the same old formula, but it will please their fanbase, i'm pretty sure. At least they'll go out with a new album. Doubt i'd play the shit out of it. An Axl songs would have been cool, but ohwell

6 minutes ago, ritz snare said:

lol this is gold.  are you a gypsy? 

No, i'm just a person who is capable of more than a sentence elementary school retorts. Now wipe off your snot off your shylock nose and fuck off from my thread cuntrag. I'll not reply to your posts here from now on, because you are more boring than a brazilian

What country are you from?  Eastern bloc?  I wouldn't brag about your capability.  You kind of write gibberish sometimes.  Example: "sentence elementary school retorts."  Are you just like feeding shit into google translate?  :lol:

I love how you are desperately trying to "prove" I hate Slash.  You're too stupid to realize you've been getting trolled by me, for years.  Years.  That's how dumb you are.  You're eating that shit up like a mygnr fanboy.  You're like that guy that said "leave brittany alone!" 

Your english is pretty good.  Maybe one day, you can pass for a native speaker.  Not quite there yet.  I'm sorry my Slash posts have you so upset.  Get mad!

43 minutes ago, ritz snare said:

What country are you from?  Eastern bloc?  I wouldn't brag about your capability.  You kind of write gibberish sometimes.  Example: "sentence elementary school retorts."  Are you just like feeding shit into google translate?  :lol:

I love how you are desperately trying to "prove" I hate Slash.  You're too stupid to realize you've been getting trolled by me, for years.  Years.  That's how dumb you are.  You're eating that shit up like a mygnr fanboy.  You're like that guy that said "leave brittany alone!" 

Your english is pretty good.  Maybe one day, you can pass for a native speaker.  Not quite there yet.  I'm sorry my Slash posts have you so upset.  Get mad!

axl is fat

What makes you think i'm from the eastern bloc? Does Brasky came from the eastern bloc?

You hate Slash. regardless of trolling, you hate his guts. Don't know why, but you hate him and it's well documented. Your trolling is C grade at best (sometimes gets up to B )

This thread is not about Slash though

I think the GNR material is harder to sing. I’m not being negative about Brian it’s just I can’t see him doing Estranged and Coma or YCBM. Axl just pushed himself in the studio to something he can only just do live. But if he does pull it off it takes the show to another level. 

I think in the set Axl nails a few songs every set. It’s like he’s in a row boat in a storm and now and again he gets a stretch of clear water and he’s in a speedboat. Then a wave comes up and he’s back paddling underwater. 

12 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think in the set Axl nails a few songs every set. It’s like he’s in a row boat in a storm and now and again he gets a stretch of clear water and he’s in a speedboat. Then a wave comes up and he’s back paddling underwater. 

Easy, brownstone and Chinese are pretty easy songs, which is probably why they open up with those. 

I feel he usually gives max effort on nightrain, but 95% of the shows sound like shit. 

I expect the new acdc record to be generic, but at least they released something. 

9 minutes ago, MacDaddyRose said:

Easy, brownstone and Chinese are pretty easy songs, which is probably why they open up with those. 

I feel he usually gives max effort on nightrain, but 95% of the shows sound like shit. 

I expect the new acdc record to be generic, but at least they released something. 

I think when you have controlled the records you release pretty tightly you aren’t going to start throwing caution to the wind in a pandemic. GNR’s profile is stronger defined than the Foo Fighters. A new GNR record has to live up to the quality of AFD / UYI or its not worth it. Mystique is something you can only lose. 

And it worked for GNR. AFD is perfect, UYI lived up to the hype, it had singles and big songs that are big favorites with the fan base. They went out on top and were kind of frozen in the fans minds like that. They toured off it for a decade or two. 

Although I want a record, I don’t or won’t recommend them release something mediocre just for the sake of it. That’s not how GNR do it. It’s not just a bunch of songs. It has to be like another era statement. It’s the reunion comeback album. If it isn’t that great they lose a lot of cred. But that is the downside of the upside of releasing high impact albums. There’s no right way, some bands do it more in 3 album cycles. They have the commercial hit then a follow up then a whatever experiment. Then gear up for another industry record. 

10 hours ago, wasted said:

I think when you have controlled the records you release pretty tightly you aren’t going to start throwing caution to the wind in a pandemic. GNR’s profile is stronger defined than the Foo Fighters. A new GNR record has to live up to the quality of AFD / UYI or its not worth it. Mystique is something you can only lose. 

And it worked for GNR. AFD is perfect, UYI lived up to the hype, it had singles and big songs that are big favorites with the fan base. They went out on top and were kind of frozen in the fans minds like that. They toured off it for a decade or two. 

Although I want a record, I don’t or won’t recommend them release something mediocre just for the sake of it. That’s not how GNR do it. It’s not just a bunch of songs. It has to be like another era statement. It’s the reunion comeback album. If it isn’t that great they lose a lot of cred. But that is the downside of the upside of releasing high impact albums. There’s no right way, some bands do it more in 3 album cycles. They have the commercial hit then a follow up then a whatever experiment. Then gear up for another industry record. 

This particular logic would have been valif to ANY major rock band except GNR

Yeah, it's just a bunch of songs and if they can manage to release one or two good songs, that's enough in todays world for nostalgia bands like GNR

18 hours ago, ritz snare said:

Oh you're not allowed to say that here.  You have to post the same picture of Axl over and over and "laugh" about it with other groupthinkers whilst congratulating eachother for being so clever for posting the same picture of Axl over and over because it's a profoundly funny joke.  Axl has literally ruined these people's lives, he must be punished and everything he does is awful. 

Axl was great with AC/DC - plenty here said it. Wtf are you on about? 

18 hours ago, ritz snare said:

Oh you're not allowed to say that here.  You have to post the same picture of Axl over and over and "laugh" about it with other groupthinkers whilst congratulating eachother for being so clever for posting the same picture of Axl over and over because it's a profoundly funny joke.  Axl has literally ruined these people's lives, he must be punished and everything he does is awful. 

You put "laugh" in quotation marks, but I can assure you I have laughed every single time I have seen the fat Axl photo since its debut in 2010.

Every.

Single.

Time.

16 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

This particular logic would have been valif to ANY major rock band except GNR

Yeah, it's just a bunch of songs and if they can manage to release one or two good songs, that's enough in todays world for nostalgia bands like GNR

A lot of 90s bands actually sort of did the same. Faith No More with Patton did about 3-4 albums then split. Soundgarden too didn’t really do the 00s. 

I think I misunderstood what you said. Honestly after GNR made in 91 they could have done ton of half decent albums until the full death like Aerosmith did. But GNR were full blown Draw the Line mess before UYI. They did all of it in the AFD era. Then with UYI they were going further in all directions. It all just happened so fast but the they went from the Sex Pistols to Zeppelin in 4 years then basically split up. Izzy and Slash did their Stones mid era as solo projects and Axl made his Sgt Peppers. 

19 hours ago, President-Elect Pepe said:

Axl was great with AC/DC - plenty here said it. Wtf are you on about? 

he is being an edgy troll, but he is dead wrong

see for example

7 hours ago, Philip K. Dickhead said:

This thread is helping me get through some difficult times. I'm not kidding. This is my Bible. I'm in hospital undergoing cancer treatment and I've been showing posts from this thread to the other patients and nurses here. EVERYONE cracks up at this shit, even if they're only vaguely aware of Axl/GNR.

Thank you Pappa Fat (especially) and all the rest of you miscreants.

Slash praise AC/DC and mentions Axl

http://www.loudersound.com/news/slash-salutes-the-reborn-acdc-theyre-what-rock-n-roll-is-all-about

In a new interview with Consequence Of Sound, Slash was asked for his opinion on AC/DC’s comeback, and the guitarist could hardly have been more enthusiastic in paying tribute to both the band’s spirit and the strength of their latest release.

“I obviously have a long history with AC/DC,” Slash says, “and then Axl was singing with them for a minute when Brian [Johnson] was out, so we got reacquainted during that period. So, the first bit of great news, I talked to Brian and he was telling me about this hearing [device] that he got, and that he's back in AC/DC. And that was just fucking awesome news.”

“And the tragedy of losing Malcolm [Young, AC/DC's founding rhythm guitarist]… the fact that Angus [Young] and company would survive that and keep it going, in the spirit of probably what Malcolm would have done, was great. I just love those guys because as far as rock 'n' roll is concerned, they just are driven.”

“They’re a great influence on people who think that rock ’n’ roll is sort of just fun and games, and then as soon as any kind of mishap happens, [bands] break up or they fall apart or they quit,’ the guitarist continued. “AC/DC is a great example of longevity. They’re a great example of tenacity and perseverance, a great example of talent, and a great example of what rock ’n’ roll is all about. So, I'm so stoked that they just continue to do it.”

Referencing Power Up specifically, Slash said, “Then, on top of it, they make such a great fucking record at this point in the game. It’s a really inspired album. I’ve had it in the car for the last couple of days and it’s probably gonna sit there for a while. It’s exciting for me. I’m happy for them, and I can’t wait for this virus situation to end so we can go check them out on tour somewhere.”

The new UK charts will be unveiled by the Official Charts Company at 6pm today (November). As AC/DC were outselling the rest of the Top 5 combined during the week, it’s expected that Power Up will become their fourth number one album, following on from Back In Black (1980), Black Ice (2008) and the Iron Man 2 – OST album (2010).

Oh and Power Up is a Number 1 UK album with 62K lol