BRIAN JOHNSON Praises AXL ROSE's Work With AC/DC: 'I've Got A Lot Of Respect For What He Did'

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/brian-johnson-praises-axl-roses-work-with-ac-dc-ive-got-a-lot-of-respect-for-what-he-did/

In a new interview with Ultimate Classic Rock, Johnson said: "He jumped into a tough, tough vocalist gig. You've got to be on top of your game for that. There's not many resting places. You've really got to go in full chop, all of the time. And for him to do that at such short notice was pretty fantastic. I've got a lot of respect for what he did, you know. A lot of respect."

AC/DC's North American tour ended in Philadelphia in September 2016, and despite initial fan trepidation, Axl got generally good reviews for his performances. Guitarist Angus Young said at the time: "I mean, under the situation that we had, it was very good that he volunteered and said, 'Hey, if I can help, let me try.' So he's been very good. And he had to learn a lot of songs very quickly, and he's done a great job."

Duff McKagan, who is one-third of the reunited partial classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES, got a chance to watch Rose and AC/DC play in June 2016 in London, England and in September 2016 in Cleveland, Ohio.

Duff spoke about Axl's collaboration with AC/DC during a 2019 appearance on "The Church Of What's Happening Now" podcast. He said: "The way [Axl] did that was amazing. He was, like, 'If you guys don't mind, I'm gonna go try out. They need a hand here.' [Late AC/DC frontman] Bon Scott's his all-time [hero]. [We said], 'Dude, you know you don't really have to try out for AC/DC.' But he was really nervous. 'I'm gonna go try out. It fits in with our touring perfect.' And Slash and I were, like, 'You've got the gig.' But he went to Atlanta and tried out, quote-unquote, and got the gig. I saw him twice on that tour. I flew to London to see him, and I flew to Cleveland to see that. It was great."

McKagan added: "I think what it did for [Axl]… We got to know Angus through that. Angus has now come out and played with us a bunch of times. That was that thing when he was 14 or 15, 'Man, one day, if I ever got to be in AC/DC…' He was singing with a broom, and he finally got to do it. Amazing."

AC/DC will release its long-awaited comeback album, "Power Up", on November 13.

Let There Be Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooock at around 1:40

Damn, I really really miss AXL/DC. He was fat but not shit:pepe: (and this is not even the best show on that tour)

First time been performed in 15 years at that time...

A Blu-ray we've never got...

12 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

never gotten an erection faster than the first time i heard them rehearsing hells bells

I memba

It was... unreal

hearing his real rasp for the first time in... i don't know at least 6 years? (or maybe since 91?)  plus it was something "new"

Try to track down this show in better quality, i've read there is a better source and this show was killer

http://mega.nz/#!lQoiGZjA!ACSKgPlvq2wjFKCEfu4k8Hm8aJzKpXo0AbAv9bDCmak

3 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Let There Be Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooock at around 1:40

Damn, I really really miss AXL/DC. He was fat but not shit:pepe: (and this is not even the best show on that tour)

First time been performed in 15 years at that time...

A Blu-ray we've never got...

Funny how in that blu ray clip they barely show Axl in it lol

But it is sad how Axl tries in AC DC and can sing great but we get mickey Axl in GnR lol

I swear, he's just bored as fuck singing GNR songs. Probably wouldn't be so bad if the douche bag had more material than 4 records and an EP worth of material. Hes been singing damn near the same songs and set lists for 30 years. Thats enough to bore anyone. Its no wonder he was driven to ham sandwiches 

A lot of the "fat joke" posters here talked mad shit about Axl's time in AC/DC. 

1) Oh it's easier for him to sing

2) It's all about rocks and thunders

3) I can't get into it, because GnR is soooo much more sophisticated and hip than AC/DC

4) His voice doesn't actually sound that good

5) Well on this one song he doesn't sound raspy enough, so that invalidates all the other songs where he is raspy

6) It's too raspy

Like seriously, maynard had an existential crisis because of it. 

I don't give a fuck what any of these assholes say, Axl sounded fantastic with AC/DC for a fat, lazy singer who's sounded like mickey mouse for the past decade with GnR.  I'm still proud of Axl.  Apparently, Slash doesn't inspire him as much as Angus.  Can't really blame him, Slash is basically just like DJ Ashba, just a wee bit smarter. 

Oh you're not allowed to say that here.  You have to post the same picture of Axl over and over and "laugh" about it with other groupthinkers whilst congratulating eachother for being so clever for posting the same picture of Axl over and over because it's a profoundly funny joke.  Axl has literally ruined these people's lives, he must be punished and everything he does is awful. 

1 hour ago, ritz snare said:

A lot of the "fat joke" posters here talked mad shit about Axl's time in AC/DC. 

1) Oh it's easier for him to sing

2) It's all about rocks and thunders

3) I can't get into it, because GnR is soooo much more sophisticated and hip than AC/DC

4) His voice doesn't actually sound that good

5) Well on this one song he doesn't sound raspy enough, so that invalidates all the other songs where he is raspy

6) It's too raspy

Like seriously, maynard had an existential crisis because of it. 

I don't give a fuck what any of these assholes say, Axl sounded fantastic with AC/DC for a fat, lazy singer who's sounded like mickey mouse for the past decade with GnR.  I'm still proud of Axl.  Apparently, Slash doesn't inspire him as much as Angus.  Can't really blame him, Slash is basically just like DJ Ashba, just a wee bit smarter. 

that was all maynard and probably one other poster whom i can't remember (maybe Gunner?) brazilians have shit musical taste anyway so...

maybe add Jeff Isbel to the list too

The unanimous decision is: Axl was great in AXL/DC

oh and i wanted to "like" your posts but you've managed to "insult" (show your butthurt against) Slash for no good reason

Yeah, "its just a gig" like Slash said, they probably haven't been inspired each other since 1991, but fuck that

Oh yeah, Axl was more inspired by his childhood idol? gee, who would have thought that, right?

Comparing the OG to DJ Ashba MIGHT be relevant when it comes to touring but he did those solos Ashba tried (and failed) to replicate. That's a fact even if Slash is not playing with his own original "feel" (for a fat cashgrab in his 50's lol)

He still has his moments and the whole fat band is rich now, because he decided to come back (and earn more money for Perla and the kids)

Axl has the brandname, but he was relegated to arena tour level with GNR without the two smug assholes. Those are objective facts. They are all needed each other for the money.

Anyho, this is an AXL/DC thread

Please get the fuck away with the Slash is Ashba shit from this thread. This thread is dedicated the last great thing Axl has done (to date)

I've tried to be not "hateful" and started a relatively positive thread for the Fat Man, let's keep it that way and don't show your weird hatred towards Slash, because it's frankly, off topic as fuck

You wanted shitisme here, might as well follow him to Labeta or something

1 hour ago, ritz snare said:

Oh you're not allowed to say that here.  You have to post the same picture of Axl over and over and "laugh" about it with other groupthinkers whilst congratulating eachother for being so clever for posting the same picture of Axl over and over because it's a profoundly funny joke.  Axl has literally ruined these people's lives, he must be punished and everything he does is awful. 

No, you're allowed to say AXL/DC is great, it's not our fault that Axl got fat and you're butthurt about it or get bored with the fatposts

Get onboard or fuck right off with this crymeariver woeisme bullshit. Making fun of a fat rockstar is a cheap hobby at this point. Yes, it's still funny, because Axl is an ugly cunt. Deal with it, ya twat

22 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

No, you're allowed to say AXL/DC is great, it's not our fault that Axl got fat and you're butthurt about it or get bored with the fatposts

Get onboard or fuck right off with this crymeariver woeisme bullshit. Making fun of a fat rockstar is a cheap hobby at this point. Yes, it's still funny, because Axl is an ugly cunt. Deal with it, ya twat

Pot meet kettle.   You're the one who posted 5 times in a row, twice in a thread because YOU get literally offended by me goofing on Slash.  Like, it literally bothers you.  So that's rich that you're trying to push the narrative that I'm bothered by the fat axl memes.  I'm not.  I'm just pointing out that you guys literally repeat the same picture over and over and over.  Like, you're sorta like beavis and butthead with it.  You're not very creative is what I'm saying.  But yeah, you need to look in the mirror because you seriously swing off slash's jock and you like to fantasize that I "hate" Slash.  I don't, you're just offended.  lol

11 minutes ago, ritz snare said:

Pot meet kettle.   You're the one who posted 5 times in a row, twice in a thread because YOU get literally offended by me goofing on Slash.  Like, it literally bothers you.  So that's rich that you're trying to push the narrative that I'm bothered by the fat axl memes.  I'm not.  I'm just pointing out that you guys literally repeat the same picture over and over and over.  Like, you're sorta like beavis and butthead with it.  You're not very creative is what I'm saying.  But yeah, you need to look in the mirror because you seriously swing off slash's jock and you like to fantasize that I "hate" Slash.  I don't, you're just offended.  lol

and your point being? You are bothered by it because that's the ONLY thing you've posted about in the past few days/weeks. The only one (besides Reckless Life section)

Yeah, i've posted in your Fat Slash thread, turned out, it wasn't as popular as you might thought

Yeah, we literally repeat the same picture, that's how this forum operates sometimes. get over it. If you don't like it, fine. Log off then or something...

Not very creative? Yeah tell that to the fattified Axl pics which basically kept alive the forum (besides politics and general life shit...)

You hate Slash, it's more than obvious at this point...you only posts about how Slash is the worst of them all etc.

You're just biased as fuck, for YEARS, bro

I don't need to look in any mirrors because i think all of them are money hungry shitheads and that's my opinion for quite some time. When the trolling is cheap i will quadruple dupplew post about it. Whatcha gonna do, asshole?

Yeah, but keep posting the "youre offended lul" retort. Reeeeealy clever

If you really think you've riled me up, think again.

I just generally don't like you as a poster because you are a fucking scumbag smug asshole, who likes to being "edgy" on a GNR forum with his aimless brainless illogical made up trolling. You also picked up on me, since the day i was here, constantly accusing me of being an alt etc. so

Fuck right off and don't derail my threads, cunt

Follow mags, i'm pretty sure he is creative and you cried for him EXACTLY before he left us. (and ruined a significant portion of the forum)

Take a hike

42 minutes ago, ritz snare said:

I don't hate Slash.  That's just your fantasy.  But wow, you literally are offended.  I love it. 

how is it my fantasy when you ONLY posts about Slash or how bad Slash is? That's in your posting history, anybody could look it up, if they want

Stop lying

you started the fat slash thread to "compete" with the fat axl thread

Who was offended again?

fucking loser

11 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

how is it my fantasy when you ONLY posts about Slash or how bad Slash is? That's in your posting history, anybody could look it up, if they want

Stop lying

you started the fat slash thread to "compete" with the fat axl thread

Who was offended again?

fucking loser

lol this is gold.  are you a gypsy?