US Politics, Culture, and Society

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People don’t even use their 5 senses anymore. This demonstration was quite tame. Watch the videos. Always go to primary sources. 

We lost Mags and gained Dazey.    Worst trade in history. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Damn_Smooth said:

You really think I wouldn't say that of all the puppets in the last several decades? 

He was in bed with politicians his whole life.

He wouldn't have made it to the debate stage if they didn't want him. You seriously believe they don't control that?

His tweeting is completely irrelevant. He only tweeted horseshit to jerk off his base. 

I think he'll go down as just another jackass puppet. Hope I'm alive to see the libtards crying at his funeral.

I was talking in terms of past presidents, trying to see where you rank him compared to the others.

Sure you can't accomplish what he's accomplished both as president and as a citizen without forging some alliances.  Nobody on this planet who has gotten as far as him has gone it alone with no help from others. But before he became prez, who was he in bed with? Hillary? Bloomberg? How did they possibly help him?

If you have time to read a brief article, this outlines really well how Trump became the GOP nominee:

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/13/477638473/the-gop-establishment-really-really-would-have-wanted-paul-ryan-instead-of-trump

There's one big reason why so many smart people overlooked Trump: He's the opposite of what many of the loudest voices in the Republican Party said they wanted.

Last year, GOP pollster Whit Ayres famously laid out what the party would need to win the White House in 2016 and Beyond. In particular, Ayres' data-heavy book focused on the nation's demographics, insisting that the party had to win over nonwhites, and particularly Hispanics. Perhaps unsurprisingly, his conclusions in several ways mirrored what the GOP laid out in its 2013 "autopsy": The party needed to change with a changing America, reaching out in particular to minorities, young people and women. (It's one reason Ayres eventually backed Marco Rubio — for his potential for broader appeal.)

The candidate the GOP is nominating doesn't meet those criteria. In fact, he underperforms among all of those groups. But while Beltway insiders crafted their recommendations, more than 10 million primary voters doused those recommendations in lighter fluid, threw a match and walked away in slow motion, with Carmina Burana playing in the background.

Whom Did The GOP Establishment Really Want In 2016?

We used a checklist set up by GOP pollster Whit Ayres in 2015 for what the party would need to win the presidency. Here’s how several of this year’s candidates, plus two dark-horse non-candidates, stack up by those criteria.

trait Trump Cruz  J. Bush  Romney  Rubio  Kasich   Ryan
TOTAL -6.25 -3.75 -2.0 -1.0 0.5 1.75 3.0
1. Positive, hopeful  -1.0 -1.0  0.25 0.25 1.0 0.5 1.0
2. Holds or has held office -1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
3. Economic agenda -0.5 -0.25 0.25 0.0 0.0 -0.25 0.25
4. Nonwhite voters -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 0.0 0.0
5. Blue-collar whites -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0
6. Young people -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 0.0 0.0
7. Unify GOP -0.75 -0.5 -0.5 -0.25 0.5 -0.5 0.75

24 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

I was talking in terms of past presidents, trying to see where you rank him compared to the others.

Sure you can't accomplish what he's accomplished both as president and as a citizen without forging some alliances.  Nobody on this planet who has gotten as far as him has gone it alone with no help from others. But before he became prez, who was he in bed with? Hillary? Bloomberg? How did they possibly help him?

If you have time to read a brief article, this outlines really well how Trump became the GOP nominee:

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/13/477638473/the-gop-establishment-really-really-would-have-wanted-paul-ryan-instead-of-trump

There's one big reason why so many smart people overlooked Trump: He's the opposite of what many of the loudest voices in the Republican Party said they wanted.

Last year, GOP pollster Whit Ayres famously laid out what the party would need to win the White House in 2016 and Beyond. In particular, Ayres' data-heavy book focused on the nation's demographics, insisting that the party had to win over nonwhites, and particularly Hispanics. Perhaps unsurprisingly, his conclusions in several ways mirrored what the GOP laid out in its 2013 "autopsy": The party needed to change with a changing America, reaching out in particular to minorities, young people and women. (It's one reason Ayres eventually backed Marco Rubio — for his potential for broader appeal.)

The candidate the GOP is nominating doesn't meet those criteria. In fact, he underperforms among all of those groups. But while Beltway insiders crafted their recommendations, more than 10 million primary voters doused those recommendations in lighter fluid, threw a match and walked away in slow motion, with Carmina Burana playing in the background.

Whom Did The GOP Establishment Really Want In 2016?

We used a checklist set up by GOP pollster Whit Ayres in 2015 for what the party would need to win the presidency. Here’s how several of this year’s candidates, plus two dark-horse non-candidates, stack up by those criteria.

trait Trump Cruz  J. Bush  Romney  Rubio  Kasich   Ryan
TOTAL -6.25 -3.75 -2.0 -1.0 0.5 1.75 3.0
1. Positive, hopeful  -1.0 -1.0  0.25 0.25 1.0 0.5 1.0
2. Holds or has held office -1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
3. Economic agenda -0.5 -0.25 0.25 0.0 0.0 -0.25 0.25
4. Nonwhite voters -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 0.0 0.0
5. Blue-collar whites -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0
6. Young people -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 -1.0 0.0 0.0
7. Unify GOP -0.75 -0.5 -0.5 -0.25 0.5 -0.5 0.75

I rank him exactly the same. No worse or better than the puppets before him. He served his purpose well.

I'm supposed to know every sleazy business deal he made with the Clinton's and Bloomberg? It's irrelevant to the fact that he is one of them.

It doesn't matter who the GOP wants, it only matters who the bankers want. If the bankers didn't want him he wouldn't have made it to the stage.

22 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

It doesn't matter who the GOP wants, it only matters who the bankers want. If the bankers didn't want him he wouldn't have made it to the stage.

Well I agree with you the bankers wanted him, most everybody felt he was the best candidate in terms of finances and the economy.

But unlike the Dems who toe the party line and follow behind the DNC like blind sheep, Conservatives do their own thing. Whatever the RNC wants doesn't matter, and they definitely didn't want Trump in 2016,

6 hours ago, Tremolo said:

It’s funny how a blue check mark is supposed to give credibility to some personalities on line.

”He has a blue mark next to his name, he’s got to be someone, his opinion matters. Let’s give this person a louder voice online.”

I looked that guy up. He’s an arts critic. Is that even a profession? How fucking self-serving and unnecesary is an art critic to society?

Bunch of cunts full of themselves.

He won a Pulitzer. I've seen people get blue checkmarks for being good at Halo. It's not a very prestigious club.

18 hours ago, bran said:

Jordan Sekulow says they have shocking Georgia information coming out Monday or Tuesday.

Powell spilled the beans. She is being so specific and so adamant, and yet she has no fear of getting sued.

Makes me think she really does have the goods.

"Georgia's probably going to be the first state I'm gonna blow up," Powell said Saturday night.

"We've got tons of evidence. It's so much, it's hard to pull it all together," Powell continued. "Hopefully, this week we will get it ready to file, and it will be biblical."

Powell later claimed that Republican Georgia Governor Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger were being paid to be part of a conspiracy with Dominion Voting Systems.

"And Mr. Kemp and the secretary of state need to go with it because they're in on the Dominion scam with their last-minute purchase or reward of a contract to Dominion of $100 million," said Powell, alleging that Georgia law enforcement should investigate the claim.

2 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

John Cleese is the latest victim of the woke scolding mob

And they all jumped on this one about Dolly Parton's tits as if it's some horrible classless joke, lol

At this point, nuke the planet and start over with whoever is left. This generation has no hope. It's only going to get sooooooooo much worse.

See! I told you all she was a fucking nutcase! Just wandered in to the press conference off the street like Syd Barrett into Abbey road. They just let her speak and hoped she wouldn't stab anybody until the men in white coats showed up with the tranquiliser darts. :lol: