US Politics, Culture, and Society

1 hour ago, Damn_Smooth said:

You would think some news source would pick that up. Any. Google it and there's nothing.

I don't know a real lot about federal courts, but I did read a comment on this saying the judges rotating positions is a normally scheduled occurrence.

Maybe that is part of the reason the media is silent. Although it would still seem some strings were pulled to put the Trump appointed judges in the very States he needs them in.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We lost Mags and gained Dazey.    Worst trade in history. 

Off topic but I took this picture tonight. Figured some might appreciate it.  

lol downzy parrots the current dem opinion re: bush being "bad" but trump being "terrible" apparently his opinion on bush has "softened" over the years   surefire way to tell someone is

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RedHook said:

I don't know a real lot about federal courts, but I did read a comment on this saying the judges rotating positions is a normally scheduled occurrence.

Maybe that is part of the reason the media is silent. Although it would still seem some strings were pulled to put the Trump appointed judges in the States he needs them in.

Yeah, but nothing besides a tweet from a die-hard Trump supporter? Something should come up.

2 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Jury selection is supposed to weed out people with bias toward or knowledge of the case.

Yup it's called voir dire, and I've used it a few times to get out of jury duty.

All you gotta do is "admit" you've got a bias for or against the defendant, and you're outta there.

Just say "he looks guilty to me" and you're on your way home.

1 minute ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Yup it's called voir dire, and I've used it a few times to get out of jury duty.

All you gotta do is "admit" you've got a bias for or against the defendant, and you're outta there.

Just say "he looks guilty to me" and you're on your way home.

but this rittenhouse thing.. everyone knows about it, and the media has gaslit the entire country with a bullshit narrative about it

i feel like it'd almost be impossible to find an objective jury that hasn't had its opinions on the case skewed by woke twitteroids and starbucks journies or the stephen crowders and jack posobiecs

2 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

but this rittenhouse thing.. everyone knows about it, and the media has gaslit the entire country with a bullshit narrative about it

i feel like it'd almost be impossible to find an objective jury that hasn't had its opinions on the case skewed by woke twitteroids and starbucks journies or the stephen crowders and jack posobiecs

That's why jury selection can take so long sometimes. It just ends up people completely inept people who have no internet and don't watch the news.

19 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

That's why jury selection can take so long sometimes. It just ends up people completely inept people who have no internet and don't watch the news.

Yup, quite often elderly retired folks and people who can't hold jobs. Otherwise not many people actually want to do jury duty, especially if their employer limits Jury Duty Pay to only 3 days or so.

18 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

What do you think a biden presidency will be ?

How do people not realize under Biden we will start heading toward a Marxist country where censorship is common, liberal violence is not only tolerated but encouraged, illegals are welcomed, government is more intrusive than ever, and much of the working man's money will be shifted to those who don't deserve it?

And it would get even worse when Kamala wheels Joe into a nursing home.

33 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

As long as it is Trump and not Biden. Pedo Joe is coming for your freedom of speech. 

I am sure he is going to overturn the First Amendment. 

God damn you're all a bunch of kindergartners. Take a civics class.