US Politics, Culture, and Society

To be honest I don't think we've ever seen a President go out of office in a more humiliating way. 

You can say it's all a conspiracy and in part it is - it is partially a coup - BUT

If they allowed Nixon and Reagan to go quietly, to be respected, to have a voice after office, why not Trump?

At some point - and I believe Nancy Pelosi is a vile, evil, power mad bitch but - at some point you have to say Trump fucked himself hard. You have to stop blaming everyone else and recognize he is the author of his political demise.

That said, we'll see what happens in the coming days and weeks but the American voter's attention span is relatively short and these events will be forgotten in 4 years, so who knows? It depends on how thoroughly Trump is destroyed as a man and a political figure, and if he is convicted in this second impeachment.

I'd wager 60/40 he gets convicted.

But I'd also wager that if he doesn't get convicted, 70/30 he comes back in 2024 and is a runner - just not the front runner - and probably as an independent. The 30% being the possibility of that, barring conviction.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People don’t even use their 5 senses anymore. This demonstration was quite tame. Watch the videos. Always go to primary sources. 

We lost Mags and gained Dazey.    Worst trade in history. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Goddamn, triple post of Miser word vomit.

a9c.png

My apologies that your reading comprehension skills are too low to grasp what I wrote. I will endeavor to write on a level you can grasp.

20 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Dude, you're just oozing r/iamverysmart

Well, when you do have a measured IQ that was 130 on one exam, and 135 on another, you tend to have a pretty good opinion of your intellect. I have a psychological report from a month after I turned 5 saying I was considered to have a cognitive age of 6 years (as in, an entire year ahead of my biological age) and was considered to be above average in intelligence. It is noted that I became more aware as more difficult questions were asked of me. 

I always scored in the upper 90th percentile in English and reading comprehension abilities on the various state and national tests as a child and teenager. Where I faltered was in my math skills, and that was a matter of laziness, which has been a consistent problem throughout my life. Laziness, and a lack of patience. If I didn't get something right on the first try, I would 'screech' to use Bacardi's wording and petulantly refuse to try again. I was a brat. That was (and remains) my problem.

I am well aware of my cognitive limits. I am no Einstein. I am no true genius in any framing of the word. I also am indeed lazy. I'm not a true intellectual in that I have no tolerance or time for real philosophy, nor am I a reader. These all stem from laziness. But I also know my gifts. In life you have to be aware of both your limits and your skills. Unfortunately, I've not used the latter to the best of my ability - again, due to laziness.

My intelligence is primarily in analytical functions, in visual intelligence, and in emotional intelligence. I am very weak in terms of interpersonal relationships, low in charisma, anti-social and I have a bad habit of putting romantic relationships or the pursuit of them ahead of friendships. My mother was an amazing "people person" and INCREDIBLY popular and it is a quality of hers I admire. She was magnetic and people generally loved and respected her. Hers was a very magnetic "people smarts" which I lack.

18 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

How many Skype crew pictures do you have saved miser ?

Zero. To be honest, the Skype era is something I'm not really proud of. I was immature, newly on Xanax so utterly uninhibited, I desperately craved acceptance and acted a fool; I was fat and thought I looked good with a mustache, and I didn't take care of myself back then, either.

How many lampshades made of human flesh does he have?

Not zero.

Zero. Again, laziness. That sounds like a lot of work with very little return. Even the idea of killing (as many here have said 'future serial killer')....Too much hassle. In an age of constant video surveillance and DNA, the risk outweighs the reward, and so it's best not bothered with.

I studied the Gemini method of body disposal the Mafia employed (in the DiMeo crew in particular) in the 1970s and 1980s; and I would add my own refining to it, things that could be done to further confuse law enforcement if such was taken upon - but it's simply not possible in today's day and age. My prints are in the system as a function of my job; I am sure my DNA is on file somewhere, so again risk =/= reward.

2 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

How did this thread become Miser's thread too? You already have another one. 

Inevitably as soon as Matt enters any thread I also happen to be in or notes I have posted, he has to reply to me, make some snarky remark, or otherwise make it about me. It's an obsession or fixation he has regarding me. I've no control over it.

I would literally bet all I have on Matt not being able to resist responding to me in some way, shape or form for even a full week. I think he is literally incapable of ignoring my presence. I think I have become such a fixation to him; his White Whale, so to speak. Let's see if he can last even a SINGLE week without responding to me in any way.

Sure you do, stop being such a faggot and people will stop calling you a faggot. This started with you talking about banging 15 year olds and spiraled when you doubled down.

Just now, Wilco said:

I would literally bet all I have on Matt not being able to resist responding to me in some way, shape or form for even a full week. I do not think he is capable of literally ignoring my presence. I think I have become such a fixation to him; his White Whale, so to speak. Let's see if he can last even a SINGLE week without responding to me in any way.

You know when I don't respond, when you're banned. Til I dunno, 2023. So go fuck yourself. Though you won't, you're much too old for you.

Sure you do, stop being such a faggot and people will stop calling you a faggot. This started with you talking about banging 15 year olds and spiraled when you doubled down.

Stop thinking this is Moby Dick and you're Captain Ahab, and that juicy inevitable banning of me you seek is the white whale, and we'll be good.

You know when I don't respond, when you're banned. Til I dunno, 2023. So go fuck yourself. Though you won't, you're much too old for you.

You kind of just confirmed what I said: You literally cannot bring yourself to not respond to me if I am here. 

Twitter stock down 9% in two days. PBS fires Michael Beller after Project Veritas video shows Beller saying kids of Trump supporters would need to be taken and put into reeducation camps.

Just now, Wilco said:

Stop thinking this is Moby Dick and you're Captain Ahab, and that juicy inevitable banning of me you seek is the white whale, and we'll be good.

Banning you does nothing, you'll just reregister despite everyone hating you. Because you have nothing else.

2 minutes ago, bran said:

Twitter stock down 9% in two days. PBS fires Michael Beller after Project Veritas video shows Beller saying kids of Trump supporters would need to be taken and put into reeducation camps.

Very good. You're amazing, @bran. I do not know if this will matter at all to you, but you hold my respect and I view you as someone who is incredibly smart and extremely well versed in politics - moreso than most I know even in real life. I respect it.

That being said, what do you see as happening next?