US Politics, Culture, and Society

1 hour ago, Wilco said:

My voting history is:

Missed 2008 by 2 weeks, but would've voted Obama

2012: Was considering voting Romney; Voted Obama

Is that worshipping at the alter of the black man or do you get a pass because his mom was a honky? 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We lost Mags and gained Dazey.    Worst trade in history. 

People don’t even use their 5 senses anymore. This demonstration was quite tame. Watch the videos. Always go to primary sources. 

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Manhattan said:

Miser unwittingly points out the central flaw in the liberal orthodox ideology, in that it is largely about the outer appearance, the fashion, of morality and propriety.

It doesn’t matter what the truth is, as long as it SEEMS right, it must be supported.

This isn’t any different with conservatives or republicans, they’re susceptible to the same bias and poor thinking, but it’s somewhat exclusively enshrined and celebrated on one side of the aisle.

Also Biden is a cafeteria Catholic at best.

Well, in politics, the truth is only what it seems to be in the moment, isn't it? By which I mean, politicians may seem, for many years, to be one way, and then turn around and be another if it is opportunistic for them to change.

The truth of the matter, regarding Biden, is that he truthfully did seem to be a centrist Democrat. Backed the 1994 crime bill and all that of that. Before the primaries, he did not truthfully appear to be further to the left than Bernie Sanders - but became so culturally to gain the vote. At which point I decided he was not worth MY vote.

As far as him being a Cafeteria Catholic - well, most Catholics are Cafeteria Catholics. JFK was no good Catholic, either. It was more at the time for me symbolic. This is a Protestant country. Founded on those Puritan ethics. There is a long history in both Britain and America of Protestants putting Catholics down, and the one Catholic elected got his brains blown out.

The fact that Biden was an Irish Catholic was appealing because there is a lot of history there. Oliver Cromwell and such. Such that even though I don't really believe in the Catholic Church, or even agree with most of its teachings, I still consider myself a nominal Catholic because of that history; I'd feel like I was betraying my ancestors to convert to say, the Anglican Church or the Unitarian Church or just be Agnostic or something. History matters a great deal to me. 

9 minutes ago, Wilco said:

The latter

Dude, she let this guy fuck her and you approve of that?

a-rice-obamasr_0.jpg

He pretty much fucked the white out of her with his massive Kenyan dick and YOU voted for the bastard spawn of that unholy union! He defiled her man!

They’re both laughing at you Ryan. How much do you have to hate your country to have voted for that? :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Well, in politics, the truth is only what it seems to be in the moment, isn't it? By which I mean, politicians may seem, for many years, to be one way, and then turn around and be another if it is opportunistic for them to change.

The truth of the matter, regarding Biden, is that he truthfully did seem to be a centrist Democrat. Backed the 1994 crime bill and all that of that. Before the primaries, he did not truthfully appear to be further to the left than Bernie Sanders - but became so culturally to gain the vote. At which point I decided he was not worth MY vote.

As far as him being a Cafeteria Catholic - well, most Catholics are Cafeteria Catholics. JFK was no good Catholic, either. It was more at the time for me symbolic. This is a Protestant country. Founded on those Puritan ethics. There is a long history in both Britain and America of Protestants putting Catholics down, and the one Catholic elected got his brains blown out.

The fact that Biden was an Irish Catholic was appealing because there is a lot of history there. Oliver Cromwell and such. Such that even though I don't really believe in the Catholic Church, or even agree with most of its teachings, I still consider myself a nominal Catholic because of that history; I'd feel like I was betraying my ancestors to convert to say, the Anglican Church or the Unitarian Church or just be Agnostic or something. History matters a great deal to me. 

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

tenor.gif

You are so consumed with blinding hate. I truly feel sad for you. Impotent rage every time you see a post. "God, I wish I could kill him with these hands." But you can't. You won't. You are weak. And you'll never, ever be rid of me. Get help with your hate. It is a cancer on the soul.

9 minutes ago, Wilco said:

You are so consumed with blinding hate. I truly feel sad for you. Impotent rage every time you see a post. "God, I wish I could kill him with these hands." But you can't. You won't. You are weak. And you'll never, ever be rid of me. Get help with your hate. It is a cancer on the soul.

@bacardimayne can we get an attaboy for @AxlisOld here too?

U.S. Presidents feigning some sort of religious leaning is fucking laughable. They only do it for show. They have zero fucking morals or ethics or sense of adherence to the teachings of any fucking religion. I'd have more respect for them if they just admitted as such instead of going along with the ridiculous charade for their term in office. 

As for Biden being Irish. He's a fucking plastic paddy. There is absolutely nothing Irish about the man, certainly not in the sense of any man born in Ireland. Irish-Americans are very different to actual Irish people that are born and bred in Ireland. 

Most people here look at Irish-Americans with a mixture of amusement and disdain. Their idea of Ireland stems from a ridiculous stereotype that is stuck in the 1950's and has little to no resemblance of modern Ireland. 

14 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Love that a Dr Evil gif indicated to you, blinding hatred and rage. Not everyone is like you at the computer

tenor.gif

Pretty clear in general you do hate me, and feel rage towards me, my son. These are bad for the soul. Do you deny that you utterly and completely despise me?

2 minutes ago, Cigarette Smoking Man said:

U.S. Presidents feigning some sort of religious leaning is fucking laughable. They only do it for show. They have zero fucking morals or ethics or sense of adherence to the teachings of any fucking religion. I'd have more respect for them if they just admitted as such instead of going along with the ridiculous charade for their term in office. 

As for Biden being Irish. He's a fucking plastic paddy. There is absolutely nothing Irish about the man, certainly not in the sense of any man born in Ireland. Irish-Americans are very different to actual Irish people that are born and bred in Ireland. 

Most people here look at Irish-Americans with a mixture of amusement and disdain. Their idea of Ireland stems from a ridiculous stereotype that is stuck in the 1950's and has little to no resemblance of modern Ireland. 

Oh this again. The culture that Irish Americans have tends to be remnants of the culture that they came over with, mixed with the Americana that was shoved down everyone's throat in the 1950s and early 1960s. Ireland of the 1840s is very different from Ireland of today in almost every sense so to as to almost be two different countries. Most Irish Americans' ancestors came over here between the 1840s and 1860s, so what cultural remnants of Ireland they do have, they have of an Ireland that doesn't exist anymore. 

Irish-Americans tend to hold on to that identity because Irish-Americans didn't really become fully American until Kennedy. Which when you consider it wasn't all that long ago. Kennedy had to defend being an Irish Catholic candidate for President and promise he wasn't going to be the Pope's lackey. 1960 is not all that long ago in the grand scheme of things. The fact that a mainstream Presidential candidate had to promise he was going to serve America and not Rome reflects the attitudes Americans had to Irish Catholics as recently as then.

There isn't really any unique "American" identity to cling to, anyway. Hot dogs and French fries?

The commercialization and dumbing down of holidays like St. Patrick's Day is a different story, and that holiday should really hold no social relevance. 

6 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Pretty clear in general you do hate me, and feel rage towards me, my son. These are bad for the soul. Do you deny that you utterly and completely despise me?

fag-talk.jpg

45 minutes ago, sixes unmasked said:

Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley knock on the door of the White House, just days after Joe Biden has been inaugurated president.

Cruz: This place looks terrible!

Biden answers the door, clad in an old man bathrobe, presumably because he just got done swimming naked, much to the dismay of his female secret service detail.

Cruz: You're not Trump!

Biden: Oh, that orange guy. He lost the election.

Cruz: Lost the election? Then I'm arresting you under suspicion of electoral fraud! Grab him, Hawley.

Hawley: Alright pops, lets get you back to the home.

Hawley goes to grab Biden, who pulls away, fear in his eyes as he forgets what's going on. He's a young man again, and the threat of Nazi Germany is real... Even though Hitler died when he was three. His mind is so degraded he's picturing himself in a war he couldn't possibly have fought in.

Biden: Hey, get your hands off of me, you Nazi!

Cruz: WHO ARE YOU CALLING A NAZZI!?

Cruz and Hawley tackle Biden, who screams at the top of his lungs as they drag him into the White House, out of view. Moments later, all three men emerge, Biden being pushed in a wheelchair by Hawley.

Cruz: Alright Hawley, let's roll.