The Spaghetti Incident appreciation thread

I tried resurrecting my old threads on this, but all older threads seem to be archived.
Thought I'd dust this topic off. TSI is still honestly I feel the funnest GN'R record there is. It's not a bad note to go out on necessarily.
What are your favorite tracks?

And for those who bought it on CD or Cassette or Vinyl back in November 1993, what were your first impressions?

What were you expecting?

32 minutes ago, ritz snare said:

So instead of shitbumps, it's redundant threads.  What a coincidence, miser's favorite thing!

I want a hairline update thread about yourself.  I think you're bald now. 

You know all these attempts to provoke me to get me banned aren't gonna work, right? It's kind of a waste of your time. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

TSI? is a frustrating album. It's their best sounding album production-wise, Ain't It Fun might be the best Slash has ever sounded on a studio recording... but the songs themselves are just 'meh'.

Most of the originals are fucking great though. But i get your point, it’s just covers.

The history of this band is full of wasted opportunities.

Most people don't like it because they have the misconception that it took the place of an actual album full of original songs. That, and it diverges too much from 80's shit metal. If you guys had it your way, back in 1994 instead of covering the Dead Boys or the New York Dolls, Guns N' Roses would have covered real 1980s rock bands like Steel Panther. 

It's a solid album and a fun listen. A good list of bands are covered. 

On 10/23/2020 at 12:12 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

TSI? is a frustrating album. It's their best sounding album production-wise, Ain't It Fun might be the best Slash has ever sounded on a studio recording... but the songs themselves are just 'meh'.

Nah, the production of UYI was their best. The song collection of TSI was really weird, since punk was not their main musical influence. Maybe Duff's, but definately not the rest of them...

31 minutes ago, creed said:

Nah, the production of UYI was their best. The song collection of TSI was really weird, since punk was not their main musical influence. Maybe Duff's, but definately not the rest of them...

Nah, the drum sound and especially Slash's guitar tone on certain songs is a lot better on TSI (and Sympathy For The Devil for the most part).

From a production standpoint I'd rank their albums like this:

1. TSI?

2. AFD / Lies
3. UYI

4. CD demos

11. CD album