Jump to content

The Rolling Stones thread


Recommended Posts

A thread for the greatest rock n' roll band of all time. We have the Grateful Thread for Dead stuff, pretty sure we have other band specific threads.

What are your favorite songs by the Stones?

Favorite lineups?

Favorite records?

Original lineup:

Mick Jagger (vocals), Keith Richards (guitar), Brian Jones (guitar, harmonica, mellotron, saxophone, sitar, etc), Bill Wyman (bass guitar), Charlie Watts (drums)

Lineup lasted from 1962-1969.
Produced ten albums.

 

EUTRnmcXQAIxKI2.jpg

188465.jpg

 

1-stones.jpg

 

 

 

Stones Mk II: 

 

Mick Jagger (vocals), Keith Richards (guitar), Mick Taylor (guitar), Bill Wyman (bass guitar), Charlie Watts (drums). Lasted from June 1969 to November 1974.

Produced 5 albums.
 

The-Rolling-Stones-members-left-to-right

Rolling_Stones_1971.jpg

5dafc917-289a-47c0-8d4f-3deb53c17e5f.jpg

 

MKIII: Stones: 

Mick Jagger (vocals), Keith Richards (guitar), Ronnie Wood (guitar), Bill Wyman (bass guitar), Charlie Watts (drums). Lasted from 1975 to 1993.

Produced 6 albums.

maxresdefault.jpg

Alamo.jpg

GettyImages-113914585-1573422723-1387x10


MK IV: 

Mick Jagger (vocals), Keith Richards (guitar/bass guitar), Ronnie Wood (guitar/bass guitar), Charlie Watts (drums), 1993-present.

Produced 4 albums.
 

rolling-stones-2019-press.jpg

 

 

Edited by Wilco
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most people don't watch movies the way I do. For instance I know that Star wars is actually a metaphor for Nixon's handling of Vietnam. No one except for me understands that, probably why I feel so al

Temple of Doom is the most underrated Indiana Jones flick   BTW does anyone else vastly prefer Indiana Jones to Star Wars? PLEASE LIKE ME

What people don't realize is....
Mick is a great songwriter on his own. Keith isn't. Keith was their primary lyricist though in the first 5 years or so, not Mick.
 

But both of them have been made even better over the course of their careers by various outside helpers who have largely gone without credit:

Brian Jones; Mick Taylor; Nicky Hopkins; Ry Cooder; Ian Stewart; Billy Preston and others all had a hand in shaping their sound, or even in writing songs - and went uncredited in most cases for their work.

That's why Mick Taylor quit the band - he was tired of co-writing songs with Mick Jagger alone only for the songs to be credited to "Jagger/Richards"

Ry Cooder (who did a month long stint with them in early 1969 and is an accomplished session guitarist) to this day feels Keith ripped off riffs from him, especially Honky Tonk Woman.

Bill Wyman - the Bassist of the band from 1963-1993 - said he wrote the riff to Jumpin' Jack Flash on piano. Jagger/Richards were credited. He also feels that Paint it Black should've been credited to the whole band. He also maintains that Ruby Tuesday was written by Keith (lyrics) and Brian (music).
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

Wilco, which Rolling Stone is your favorite?

 

Tell us who and why


It's a three way tie between Mick Jagger, Brian Jones, and Ronnie Wood.


Mick Jagger because of his persona on stage / in interviews, he exudes a cool presence. Keith's "KEEF" persona is a lot more fake and it annoys me, Keith was actually sort of a dork, shy and introverted; the whole Jack Sparrow thing is a put on. Mick seems more down to Earth in some ways. Also he's the face, the frontman. And I enjoy his tongue in cheek sense of humor. Mick for me is the soul of the Stones. He's the one whose built them into a BRAND since the 1970s. 

Brian Jones because of his musicality (he played over 20 instruments across his time with the Stones), his fashionable image (he was considered one of the best dressed rockstars in Britain), his good taste in music (He helped introduce Jimi Hendrix to a wider audience and was close personal friends with him, as well as friends with other groups like The Byrds). He came up with the name, chose all the members, and helped get them a career. His contributions to their first ten albums are both unmistakable and help take in cases songs that are mediocre and lift them to being special. He was also the most genuinely interesting member of the band and genuinely the smartest; watch an interview with him and it's clear you're watching a guy with a high IQ.

Ronnie Wood because he's the guy that stepped in when the band needed a new guitarist, is down to Earth, humble, probably one of the most humble rock stars there is, and his easy going nature saved the band from breaking up in the 1980s. He reinvented their image and sound for the Punk/New Wave era. Ronnie was the bridge between Mick and Keith when they literally HATED each other, and in working with Keith he wrote most of the album Dirty Work while Mick was mentally absent from the band. He also is a terrific Bass Guitar player in addition to being a good guitarist, is a perfect counterpart for Keith on guitar, and he wrote (w/ Mick) the song It's Only Rock N' Roll.

Also, I like Ronnie because he was great in the Faces as lead guitarist before he was a Stone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Ronnie Wood's first song with the Stones but he's not in the video. He's on 12 string acoustic guitar, Keith is on electric. He co-wrote the song.

The only Stones on this song are Mick and Keith. Ronnie wasn't in the band yet, Mick Taylor was still here; The rest of the musicians were Willy Weeks and another guy on bass.

 

This music video, from June 1974, is the last to feature Mick Taylor. He would quit the band in December 1974.
 

Edited by Wilco
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wilco

ONTOPIC (probably for the last time, till i've trolled every thread you'll make here)

 

Merry Clayton is Rolling Stones, this vocal take (it's 2 takes really) ALONE better than the entire discography of Stones. Better than ANY of the members you like in the band

She miscarriaged on the way home, because the vocal delivery on this one was out of this world, quite possibly the best backing vocal ever in recorded history (in terms of major rock bands)

 

 

oh and possibly most of the Stones members were kiddie didlers

 

oh yeah and she's black:smugpepe:

your brain will never process it, i know

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

@Wilco

ONTOPIC (probably for the last time, till i've trolled every thread you'll make here)

 

Merry Clayton is Rolling Stones, this vocal take (it's 2 takes really) ALONE better than the entire discography of Stones. Better than ANY of the members you like in the band

She miscarriaged on the way home, because the vocal delivery on this one was out of this world, quite possibly the best backing vocal ever in recorded history (in terms of major rock bands)

 

 

oh and possibly most of the Stones members were kiddie didlers


Only Bill Wyman is a confirmed kiddie diddler. Mick might've fucked an underage groupie in the 70s.

Keith definitely not, Ronnie definitely not, Brian definitely not, Mick Taylor and Charlie definitely not. I know about all of them from biographies from various sources to get an idea. Keith wasn't into the groupie scene and wasn't much of a cheater either on either Anita or his current wife, nor were really the rest. Charlie's been married since 1963 and apparently never once cheated. Brian liked European models. Mick Taylor was married and part of the reason he quit was his heroin addiction was ruining his marriage. Ronnie has been devoted to his wife as well.

It's only Bill and Mick who had any tendency toward underage girls.

Edited by Wilco
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wilco said:


Only Bill Wyman is a confirmed kiddie diddler. Mick might've fucked an underage groupie in the 70s.

Keith definitely not, Ronnie definitely not, Brian definitely not, Mick Taylor and Charlie definitely not. I know about all of them from biographies from various sources to get an idea. Keith wasn't into the groupie scene and wasn't much of a cheater either on either Anita or his current wife, nor were really the rest. Charlie's been married since 1963 and apparently never once cheated. Brian liked European models. Mick Taylor was married and part of the reason he quit was his heroin addiction was ruining his marriage. Ronnie has been devoted to his wife as well.

It's only Bill and Mick who had any tendency toward underage girls.

how does it feel to be a fan of a band where kiddie diddlers were present?

 

How many threads you will make about topics you've made already in the past ?

 

How much time until your next meltdown where you will be banned again and you fuck off back to shitcord only to being abused by TM therefore you make another shitty username here and rinse and repeat?

 

 

Merry Clayton > Stones

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

how does it feel to be a fan of a band where kiddie diddlers were present?

 

How many threads you will make about topics you've made already in the past ?

 

How much time until your next meltdown where you will be banned again and you fuck off back to shitcord only to being abused by TM therefore you make another shitty username here and rinse and repeat?

 

 

Merry Clayton > Stones


Well...Most rock bands had or have kiddie diddlers so it really doesn't bother me any. 

 

I'll always talk about the Stones since they're literally my favorite band on Earth. They're the best rock n' roll band on the planet.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...