The cheaper CD version of Locked N Loaded sells out before the Limited Edition Vinyl Box Set

It must have have those temporary tattoos that people couldn't resist,

or maybe it was the $130 off the original price of $179.99 😆 

After more than 2 years of discounting these boxes, GNR have finally found that a little over 70% off is what people will pay.

Screenshot_2020-10-15-22-24-19(1).thumb.png.cb91ad7503457e68a396222d4a580716.png

They printed 10,000 "limited edition" sets. Something printed to 10,000 isn't limited edition. 

I would be curious to know how many of the $1000 sets they sold at full price, along with how much each set cost to produce. It's common sense that they were not going to sell out at $1000. I'd love to know if there are enough fanatics out there for them to have turned a profit out of gouging the initial group of fanatics who were going to buy it at full price. 

If the band wasn't lazy, the smart play would be to have Axl, Slash, and Duff autograph and number the remaining stock, and sell it for twice as much, which would get the fanatics to buy it twice....then liquidate whatever is left after that. 

The current price of $400 USD is not that bad in the context of how overpriced 180g brand new vinyl records are. Anybody buying brand new re-issues of relatively common records on vinyl is not making a smart choice - but the cost of a 2 x LP is usually about 40 bucks. If you really need a faux leather AFD box to be able to look yourself in the mirror everyday, at least at $400 USD, you're $600 USD smarter than the average GNR fanatic. 

Edited by gunsntortillas
24 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

50 bucks is a fairly reasonable price

The CD box set for $50 is a good price.

If they had it listed at that price in the beginning people might not hate them as much.

$180 was insane for 5 discs and some posters

Edited by RedHook
9 minutes ago, RedHook said:

The CD box set for $50 is a good price.

If they had it listed at that price in the beginning people might not hate them as much.

$180 was insane for 5 discs and some posters

well, considering that in the even more fatter and faker era, they charged over 200 bucks for meet& greets with FRANK and Bumblefuck and DJ...

17 hours ago, RedHook said:

It must have have those temporary tattoos that people couldn't resist,

or maybe it was the $130 off the original price of $179.99 😆 

After more than 2 years of discounting these boxes, GNR have finally found that a little over 70% off is what people will pay.

Screenshot_2020-10-15-22-24-19(1).thumb.png.cb91ad7503457e68a396222d4a580716.png

Must have been on the home shopping network 

I downloaded the entire damn thing for free the minute it went up on pirate sites.

But I'm not a complete asshole.  When it was available for $35, a fair and reasonable price, I bought it.

But those cocksuckers wanted, what...$250 for the super deluxe version at first?   The fuck outta here....

22 hours ago, RedHook said:

VIP packages are one the funniest and fakest thing on earth. Pay ten times the ticket price for a free shirt, and 5 minutes with roadie.

😆

oh and don't forget "early entry" , VIP sectors etc.

what happened to the good old fashioned waiting and "fighting" for better places?

Going to a blockbuster band's concert isn't fun from a technical and financial standpoint, especially not fun in GNR's case...when your singer is too shit to sing anymore

Never saw the appeal in seated concerts too, it's retarded unless you are 80 years old

On 10/18/2020 at 1:32 PM, gunsntortillas said:

The current price of $400 USD is not that bad in the context of how overpriced 180g brand new vinyl records are. Anybody buying brand new re-issues of relatively common records on vinyl is not making a smart choice - but the cost of a 2 x LP is usually about 40 bucks. 

As a recent comp, SOTT 13 LP's and a DVD all for $299.98 which is $21 each.

http://store.prince.com/product/5QLPPR056/sign-o-the-times-remastered-super-deluxe-edition-13lp-180g-1-dvd?cp=103229_103233

12 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Never saw the appeal in seated concerts too, it's retarded unless you are 80 years old

It's basically for people who don't have the time or patience to deal with waiting in line for hours to get close to the stage.

People work until 5PM, show is at 7PM or 8PM, reserved seats is the way to go. 

Or for those who like to tailgate until right before the main act takes the stage. 

The way Axl works is do everyone else’s stuff first, live through the era then digest it (oh yes Digest the Fat). So although Manson has the best Covid album out right now, but Axl will make a definitive statement in 20 years. So let me paint the dead with the chaos. 

15 hours ago, wasted said:

The way Axl works is do everyone else’s stuff first, live through the era then digest it (oh yes Digest the Fat). So although Manson has the best Covid album out right now, but Axl will make a definitive statement in 20 years. So let me paint the dead with the chaos. 

Offering a rarely heard perspective, two heroin addicts in Atlanta opened up to CNN recently to tell their stories straight. They want their stark realities to serve as warnings.

'Not what you want to do'

Heroin was a birthday present given to her, when she turned 14, by a close relative. Today, for this onetime teen beauty pageant competitor, it's her $200-a-day habit.
At 46, Allie says she looks two decades older. She's weathered, too thin; her teeth are gone. The black tights she wears bear images of skulls and crossbones. On a bookshelf near where she sits in her dingy room, there is a Bible.
171025212947-allie-heroin-addict-exlarge

She spends her days getting high but also buying the drug and selling it to others for a profit.
"It's so easy to get," she says. "I get a gram for $60 and sell it for $110."
32 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:
Offering a rarely heard perspective, two heroin addicts in Atlanta opened up to CNN recently to tell their stories straight. They want their stark realities to serve as warnings.

Heroin was a birthday present given to her, when she turned 14, by a close relative. Today, for this onetime teen beauty pageant competitor, it's her $200-a-day habit.
At 46, Allie says she looks two decades older. She's weathered, too thin; her teeth are gone. The black tights she wears bear images of skulls and crossbones. On a bookshelf near where she sits in her dingy room, there is a Bible.

She spends her days getting high but also buying the drug and selling it to others for a profit.

I know where to get it  for $40

, I should sell to her. 😁

Nah, the stuff is shit nowadays.

Mostly synthetic opiates, 

2 minutes ago, RedHook said:

I know where to get it  for $40

, I should sell to her. 😁

Nah, the stuff is shit nowadays.

Mostly synthetic opiates, 

Still, it costs as a Super Deluxe boxset lol

For a daily habit lol

These people could have been so rich if they weren't losers themselves...

9 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

My 3 cans of light beer, packet of hi-chews and a steady stream of 3rd person shitposting is the lifestyle of the covid apocalypse.