Eddie Van Halen Dead at 65

11 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

They used this to promote the reunion tour with Diamond Dave. Pretty fucking smart. This is the type of promo you get when Irving Azoff is your manager.

It just seems like everything is over. Anything good is now going to grow out of some big pharmaceutical conspiracy state. The 90s is as dead as disco. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't even know what to say about this....      

Tony Iommi better be put in fucking bubble wrap until January 1st.

I didn't realize he was still fighting cancer.    I'll never forget the first time I listened to Fair Warning and was like "holy shit."  Still my favorite album, despite whatever reputation

Posted Images

18 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

i'll wholly admit he was one of the greatest guitarists of all time, i just don't think van halen had that much good music as a band

i tried to get into them during my cringe shitrock teen phase back when i thought all shitrock bands must be as good as gnr, but save for a few songs on the debut nothing really impressed me

i think david lee roth might be the main reason

I fell ya

I stopped being a fan after listening to Panama....synth pop is more gay than Freddie, Boy George or George Michael combined with pedo MJ

besides, VH faded into obscurity in the late 80's

Eddie wasted his talent in a shit pop band, imho

18 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I think they are better than Crue, Poison, that sort of shit. But I see your point. 

I would rank them near Aerosmith.

Van Halen also started earlier than the generic '80s band as VH1 was a seventies album. 

I thought their latest album was trash too.

VH really started in the mid 70's,many of the later songs were written in the 70's. They became really big in the early to mid 80's, although their first record was their best

Funny because their last album was better than anything since the mid 80's lol. It contains actually good guitar playing by Eddie

9 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

I fell ya

I stopped being a fan after listening to Panama....synth pop is more gay than Freddie, Boy George or George Michael combined with pedo MJ

besides, VH faded into obscurity in the late 80's

Eddie wasted his talent in a shit pop band, imho

Van Halen felt like there was so much talent in the band but they fell short. If I remember 1984 had two good songs and the rest were not very good. 

But they had some good hits. Hot For Teacher was not one of them for me thanks. 

On 10/7/2020 at 8:02 AM, bran said:

Tony Iommi better be put in fucking bubble wrap until January 1st.

Speaking of...

Dude, i'm actually legitimately worried for Ozzy, he looks...fragile. very VERY fragile. Let's put up those bubble wraps...

On 10/8/2020 at 5:29 AM, wasted said:

It just seems like everything is over. Anything good is now going to grow out of some big pharmaceutical conspiracy state. The 90s is as dead as disco. 

Conspiracy theories are all we’ve got left from a once great pop culture. Oliver Stone’s JFK runs All Day on the Twitterverse. Tune in tomorrow for another episode of the biggest breaking news story of all time. 

2 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Conspiracy theories are all we’ve got left from a once great pop culture. Oliver Stone’s JFK runs All Day on the Twitterverse. Tune in tomorrow for another episode of the biggest breaking news story of all time. 

This just in, Brennan leaked quotes warning Obama that Hillary was inventing the Trump Russia Hoax to distract from her leaked emails. 

We are all part of a master plan. 

8 hours ago, wasted said:

This just in, Brennan leaked quotes warning Obama that Hillary was inventing the Trump Russia Hoax to distract from her leaked emails. 

We are all part of a master plan. 

Next year the Kung Flu morphs into the Kong Flu and wipes out half of the population. 

It is interesting to see the reaction from the public when these influential musicians die. You sort of forget that EVH was the Hendrix of 1980’s guitar players. But then you remember how often he was mentioned in 1980’s movies such as Fast Times, Back to the Future, and Bill and Ted. 

On 10/9/2020 at 10:21 PM, Waggy said:

I’d never heard the 2015 live album.

Great stuff. Absolutely blows the not releasing music in this lifetime tour out of the water.

DLR must be completely overdubbed if a live album recorded in 2013 is "good".

3 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

DLR must be completely overdubbed if a live album recorded in 2013 is "good".

He's going full Dave on it and his voice is thinning but he's just good enough and the band sounds excellent.

I've never listened to any of their live stuff but for what it is, pretty damn good. 

• 4 weeks later...