I wish nothing but bad things for Axl and GNR from here on out.

I agree and disagree w you, both at a time. Yes, it's time to not take the current fatunion seriously anymore. Axl is fat and sounds awful, Slush and Doof aren't really interested playing the same shit over and over again, Melissa, Frank and Richard will probably leave as well at some point once they're done. The media praises this shit because "muh Slush is back". I don't think they are genuinely having fun and being friends offstage as well like in the 80s. The novelty wore out in late 2017. But at the same time, I'd love Axl to sack Team Brazil, who is partly responsible for the fat band's incompetence and is flat-out insulting the remaining loyal fans. The worst part of that is that a significant part of the fanbase doesn't get it or doesn't want to admit that they are being played. A full reunion would also be legit, including a new album - a perfect lineup would be the big 5 + Dizwald, also some former members doing occasion guest appearances. The setlist order is pretty decent, but I feel that it shouldn't be the same shit over and over again, they should indeed shuffle some deeper cuts every now and then. What we need is a consistent, but full-of-varying-surprises setlist, which includes lots of CD era songs, including the leakshit. If Axl really can't get his voice back, so be it. We just don't want the same shit fed to us for several years. 

2 minutes ago, MacDaddyRose said:

It's more or less been the same shit for 20 years. Took him like 7 years to add Don't Fry and 10 to add Fatstranged to the fat setlist. Our big addition now has been a shit, fat mickey version of Food Coma.

We're approaching month seven of virtual lock down; especially for bands that haven't been able to tour. No excuse not to release an album by next year, especially since we know if we ever do see one, it's gonna be rehashed versions of the fat leaks we've already heard. Lard Skool with slush noodling incoherent bullshit over it, Fatlas with a fat sloosh solo. 

The only thing I like about this band anymore is making fun of it. It's been utter shit for over a decade. 

And in the end, the only remaining nutswingers are Mojo, Wanker and the Janey bitch, whose responses to criticism consist pics of the fat fuck showing his fat middle finger. Even fucking Rick is done. 

1 hour ago, MacDaddyRose said:

the only thing I like about this band anymore is making fun of it. It's been utter shit for over a decade. 

Exactly this. 

One has to wonder exactly how shit Axl has to be for the casual concert-going fan to wake up and smell the coffee. I don't credit the average GNR concert-goer 2017-2019 with much intelligence, but surely even they must look back at footage of their shows and think "holy fuck, did I really pay to see that shit?".

I kinda desperately want them to get back on tour asap just to see how fat and sterile it is now. 

It really feels like there's just S&D demos added to the vault now in terms of musical 'progress' and they'll just dodge any further questions about a new album for ever. If one does come out, it'll be exactly like every other nostalgia band. 3 shit songs played live, 2 singles with videos made out of live footage, zero group interviews. 

1 hour ago, popcorn's snare said:

Personally, I think singing GnR songs in Mickey Mouse voice is avante garde.  Axl is a brilliant businessman, as he is aligning himself with Disney. 

Was disappointed there were no Chinese Democracy songs on the mulan soundtrack. 

1 hour ago, popcorn's snare said:

Personally, I think singing GnR songs in Mickey Mouse voice is avante garde.  Axl is a brilliant businessman, as he is aligning himself with Disney. 

Disney is the reason there's been no live releases in 20 years. They didn't want an iconic characters voice to become even more synonymous with Axl so they've blocked every concert and documentary due to "copyright infringement." Where did you think Fernando learned that phrase?

*Appetite For Democracy was only released because Axl lost a lawsuit or something.

GNR are the Billy Joel of hair metal. 

They already made it so why try harder. 

People want them to have released 20 albums but I think one reason they are big is because they released high quality and went out on top. Those high impact zeitgeist records really put them them on another level to most bands. And you can’t take that away. 

It's hilarious that post 2010 Axl has sold out and become a complete corporate whore on literally every issue except releasing music. Literally any other band would have released at least a single at some point in the last four years, but his desire to hoard music is the one aspect of his former personality that remains. It is unmovable.

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

If Axl can't get his voice back, then it's done. It's been done, since 2017. 

Who wants to see a band fronted by an obese man who can't pull off 5-6 passable performances out of a three hour set?

Yes, he's no doubt shit. But I'd rather have a rough performance which actually has a lot of deep cuts than to have him sound decent w the same fat setlist. 

10 hours ago, John Bonham said:

“The release of Chinese Democracy marks a historic moment in rock n’ roll,” said co-managers Irving Azoff and Andy Gould. “We’re launching with a monumental campaign developed by Gary Arnold and the Best Buy team that matches the groundbreaking sound of the album itself. Guns N’ Roses fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning.”

Does make me think a release strategy for the record/s after Chinese was planned 

1 hour ago, Jeff Isbell said:

Yes, he's no doubt shit. But I'd rather have a rough performance which actually has a lot of deep cuts than to have him sound decent w the same fat setlist. 

lol

So butchering old deep cuts worth more than decent vocals?

:rofl-lol:

10 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

lol

So butchering old deep cuts worth more than decent vocals?

:rofl-lol:

I wouldn't want him to sound like Berlin 2018 or any of the 2019 shows, but I would be fine if he was at least Rio 2011 or US 2017 level. But I actually want him to sing more lesser-known songs like Prostitute, TWAT, The Blues etc. I can't really expect him to sound like it was 1988 again, but losing weight could help him get at least to the 2011 level, where he sounded passable