When was your favorite GnR show?

I attended the Tallinn fatshow on 16 July 2018. I was pretty much a newbie 18-year old fan, but knew some of the CD songs and all band members, which made me above casual. I dressed up as Izzy Stradlin as an act of respect towards him and protest because he wasn't involved in the Fat Tour. The setlist was dated and shit, but for the first-time goer it was fun and exciting, I sang along to most of the songs, including CD and Better. I actually thought that TIL was some kind of a vocal improv. Axl sounded strong by 2018 shit standards. After the show, I posed for a pic w some black kid who dressed as Slash near the merch stand. 

For me the best was sometime in the late 80's after they made it big. They played an intimate show at the Warfield in San Francisco. That show was epic, completely packed and their performance was flawless. Saw them again in Reno in 93 but the show was interrupted several times by on stage drunkenness. Still a great show and great music performance. Lots of on stage strippers and audience participation....good memories!

My personal fave shows are probably Ritz 1988, Indiana 1991, Rio 2001, some Dec 2002 shows where Axl started getting pretty good(The Blues had some quite raspy vocals), plenty of 2006 shows, Tokyo 2009, Las Vegas 2014 w Doof, early fatunion shows and maybe Inglewood 2017 as well because it had a pretty decent setlist. 2018 and onwards can go to hell, save for Tallinn. 

Well, if you were into Chinese Democracy I believe it's the best show in GNR history.

13 of 14 tracks played.   Only one missing was Riad, that had been dropped forever in 2002.

Some shows have come close, but that's the only one where you got essentially the complete album by attending, so I'm really glad I went.

Wembley 91, one of Izzy’s last shows. We had to wait for 4 hours. Axl thanked us for being “ real professional”. It was one of everyone take a step back. I think they played some UYI songs for the first time after the release of UYI. Or the album was out a week later. Like Estranged maybe. Nobody had heard any of them. I had the Don’t Cry double tape in my Walkman on the bus. During the wait the titty cam was on the big screens. Perfect Crime opened and it was, it’s difficult to describe how good it was. It was over in flash of a kilt. 

Tokyo 09 and I wasn't even there, it's just an incredible bootleg. Axl is clearly fucked up on something, tons of funny monitor banter and audible Axlisms that you don't usually get to hear. It may even be responsible for the "Team Brazil" moniker. Axl's voice in the first verse of Nightrain is crazy, I don't think he's ever sang it like that before or after.

As for shows I've been to, I saw them in Edmonton in 2010 and 2017. 2010 show was better (one of the best nugnr shows period) but I was closer up and had more fun in 2017.

The Paradise Club, Boston MA in the Fall of 1987 will always be my favorite show. 

Seeing them at a 1000 capacity venue before they were famous was quite the experience.

I was a teen still and not old enough to drink in the club so I spent most of the show leaning against the stage watching the best GNR show I have ever seen, they were on fire, and Axl told stories between almost every song.

This was also before small clubs started using security barriers, so up at the stage was at the actual stage.

The Boston show was also the same week as the CBGB's NYC acoustic set, and although thet didn't play the LIES material at The Paradise they did play most of GNR LIES + Don't Cry the next time I saw them in the winter/spring of 1988 at The Orpheum Theater in Boston.

Not a favourite show although its not bad (Download 2006). I like this performance of Paradise City. In the comments section they are complaining about Axl's voice when its the best since 1992 & Slash not being there, and I love to find a better performance of PC since reunion happened. Guitars sound like they need to be turned up on the mixing desk.

Rock Am Ring 2006 may be better than Download 2006 PC. Good vocals although guitars need turning up on mixing desk.

4 minutes ago, GNR FAMMER said:

St. Petersburgh 2010 and Bucharest 2010 are the best 2010 shows for rasp. The Asia 2009 and Canada 2010 shows were the best for most CD songs in the setlist.

Winnipeg 2010 was the best for this.

Still, he sounded excellent there

1550732659455.jpg

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The first Vegas show in 2016 had the best atmosphere of any show I've ever been to.

The best performance was Calgary 2010 though.

Calgary 2010 was a great show. 

I was also there. Easily one of my favourites I've been to

I was also at the Montreal Riot show. 

But it sucked. Axl was being a faggot.

Hetfield got burned by a pyrotechnic..

Plus it was middle of August. So fucking hot. 

Slash was the last guy on stage.

Eventually he just looked up, shrugged his shoulders and walked off. 

Then we started breaking shit

Birmingham 2010.

Got close to the stage, Baz was opener and a lot of fun, Axl sounded amazing. Proper throat-shredding roar. Lots of new stuff like Shackler's played. One of my top 5 gigs easy. Met Ron and Dj after, they were cool to chat to.