Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

Watching The Confession Killer on netflix. Good so far. Tough to go wrong with a documentary about a serial killer. After all, they are the rock stars of the true crime world. 

9 minutes ago, magisme said:

The Wicker Man is some crazy shit. I'd never seen it before somehow.

It's fucking bonkers.

Midsommar from last year (?) has some Wicker Man vibes

I highly recommend the fanatic. It's so fucking bad in the worst way. Has potential to be the new room. I'm a different person after having watched it. It's ....its....it's something...

3 hours ago, sixes said:

It's fucking bonkers.

Midsommar from last year (?) has some Wicker Man vibes

That group copycat crying shit when chick is having a meltdown. Fuck me.

On 11/28/2019 at 2:58 PM, meatpuppet said:

MIP: Ghost Protocol 7.5/10 (Is everything 7/10 these days?)

I thought his career was toast years ago but he is good at what he does. He's a weird dude. I think I would be better looking and more successful if I had that kind of focus/discipline in life. I didn't find Pegg's character as annoying. The whole story is silly but suspenseful and fun. I might watch more MIP movies.

Cruise should've spent the last ten years doing nothing but MI movies back to back.

Next year he's going to film two in a row. Smart move. He's not a spring chicken anymore.

One is supposed to have something to do with space. Bring it on. I can see his team hijacking a rocket to get to the ISS. 

On 12/7/2019 at 8:38 AM, Repo Man said:

I highly recommend the fanatic. It's so fucking bad in the worst way. Has potential to be the new room. I'm a different person after having watched it. It's ....its....it's something...

Oh shit.  I just watched the trailer.  It looks pretty fucking terrible but not next-level terrible enough to actually sit through.  Travolta just made me cringe so hard my weener got sucked back into my body.  That was some bad cringe, dude.

But I think The Room was a once in a generation gift from the heavens.

I've actually watched the whole thing dozens of times and got tons of people hooked on it over the years.  Tommy Wiseau transcends mere mortals' "shitty movies."  He's just so glorious.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mad Max Fury Road is such a ridiculous entertaining movie.  V8 machines, guns, a harem, and that dude with a guitar that shoots flames out of its neck.  I dont even know the fuck this movie is about. 

On 12/1/2019 at 8:20 PM, Donald Trump said:

Finally managed to watch all of Lawrence of Arabia last night. I've set out to watch this movie many times but I had never managed to complete it before last night. It more than lived up its status as an epic masterpiece. And seeing Obi-Wan Kanobe in blackface was priceless. 

So many great lines in Lawrence of Arabia:

"Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face."

"You trouble me like women."

"Truly, for some men nothing is written unless THEY write it."

My favourite:

51 minutes ago, maynard said:

'The Lighthouse' is amazing. Loved every second of it.

watched that the other day

thought it was pretentious farthouse at first but it got better and better as it went on

fantastic

the aeronauts on the other hand

what a waste of fucking time

shut it off after an hour

Edited by Dr. Strangelove

Uncut Gems.

Not sure if I could call it a good movie, cause it's basically nothing but stress and tension and yelling for two hours.

Two things that stand out are Sandler's performance and the almost synthwave quality of the electronic music score.

This one is for film snobs only; a casual moviegoer is going to hate this and possibly get nauseous from it.

I just finished watching Uncut Gems. It is even more intense than the Safdie Brothers last film Good Time. I preferred Good Time. This one was a little too anxiety inducing. Sandler will surely get lots of nominations for his performance.

Finally watched Joker. Underwhelming all around.

Side note: I can't believe the media tried to sell this as a right wing incel character. He's clearly Antifa.

I watched:

Yesterday

Inglourious Basterds

Spider-Man Homecoming

Daddy's Home, and

the Hangover, pt3

They were all good. I enjoyed the Hangover, pt 3 the most because I am a degenerate

4 hours ago, John Bonham said:

I watched:

Yesterday

Inglourious Basterds

Spider-Man Homecoming

Daddy's Home, and

the Hangover, pt3

They were all good. I enjoyed the Hangover, pt 3 the most because I am a degenerate

How do you watch five movies in a row? I am about to call it after one. 

The last movie I watched was Cars 2 and it was trash. A total disgrace to the original. 

The first Cars ranks number one in my list of Pixar movies. It is a simple feel good story with a strong aroma of nostalgia. 

The second movie is nothing more than a gimmick cash grab. 

I heard Cars 3 is another example of rampant feminism/men are fucking pigs bullshit.   It's a dumbass kids' movie so I never watched it though.

Back in 1999 (still the best year ever on record for awesome movies) I went to the multiplex and paid for one movie, but saw a bunch.   I believe on one Saturday, I saw "The Iron Giant," "Sixth Sense," "American Pie," and "Detroit Rock City."   And I also snuck in to the credits for "Big Daddy" whenever I could between movies, to hear Sweet Child O' Mine 1999.  Since I was alone, and just looked casual, I didn't get caught.  That was an awesome day of movies.   Shannon Elizabeth's tits are the stuff of legend.   Let's look at them together, shall we?

Spoiler

cc55531143b765113d8c2f4454159786.jpg

I had another marathon movie day a few months ago, but I paid for all the movies like a responsible adult.   First I saw the 20th anniversary release of "The Matrix,"  then I caught "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood," and ended with the Final Cut of "Blade Runner" on the Imax screen.   That was a good day too.

No Shannon Elizabeth titties though.  Goddamn she was so fucking hot in that movie.

Edited by EstrangedTWAT

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

How do you watch five movies in a row? I am about to call it after one. 

Five movies in 48 hours

Watching Don't F**k With Cats on netflix. If you are a true crime junkie this one is for you. Even if you aren't a true crime junkie this one is for you. 

Finished the final installment of the Goodfellas trilogy aka The Irishman. While it was as enjoyable as you'd expect a 3 hour Scorsese film starring those three to be, it was also depressing and not just because of all the themes about aging. That scene with Robert De Niro beating up the shopkeeper? Embarrassing. Never should have made the film.

The fact that they went with de-aging CGI rather than different actors says a lot about the future of mobster films. This was the last one for this generation and there's no one stepping up to replace these guys.