Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

Supposed to be crummy weather friday and Saturday. Might go see Yesterday

i was looking forward to that until i read that it was a romcom

48 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

i was looking forward to that until i read that it was a romcom

What is playing this weekend that i should go see? 

toy story will provide lots of lols if you haven't seen that

i had tickets to see spider-man yesterday and didn't bother

idk yesterday might still be good, it just bothers me how they're marketing it as "crazy beatles concept movie" when it seems to be anything but that

Midsommar

I think the director is like an alien trying to assimilate and make what he thinks would look like a good horror movie. He heavily recycles concepts from other movies and make it so beautifully constructed that you forget it's a remake. He patches disturbing footage, uncomfortable subjects, and deformed people and calls it a horror movie. Cinematography was great but at some story points I thought he was trolling the audience.

I covered my eyes at several points.

I was worried from the day they announced toy story 4 because of how perfectly 3 ended.

it’s harmless fun, but a total cash grab and unnecessary. Really retcons a good portion the emotional sentiment three ended on imo. They made buzz go 50 shades of retard for no reason. 

On 6/30/2019 at 7:25 PM, John Bonham said:

Finally saw Avengers Endgame today 🤣

:lol:

It was great. Start to finish. Can't believe it was 3+ hours. It went so fast 👍

My theater laughed out loud at the forced girl power shit towards the end. Gave me a cunt hairs worth of hope for the future.

1 minute ago, Bobbo said:

I was worried from the day they announced toy story 4 because of how perfect 3 ended.

it’s harmless fun, but a total cash grab and unnecessary. Really retcons a good portion the emotional sentiment three ended on imo. They made buzz go 50 shades of retard for no reason. 

Buzz and the rest of the old supporting cast might as well have not even been in it. I loved most of the new characters though so I'm not complaining. Duke Kaboom and the stuffed animals were hilarious.

5 minutes ago, magisme said:

If I'm old and I've never seen any of the Toy Story movies, would I enjoy them?

Every Pixar movie not named Cars 2 or The Good Dinosaur is worth at least one watch. Even those two have their redeeming factors. Expect a quality dropoff going forward now that John "the Walt Disney of CGI" Lasseter has been ousted from the company for being grabby though. IIRC TS4 is the last Pixar project that'll have his name on it.

Can't wait to hear about how 30-year-old-boomer mags cried like a bitch watching Toy Story for the first time :lol:

3 minutes ago, magisme said:

I adore Tom Hanks and Tim Allen too.

I’ve heard they hate each other’s guts but I haven’t really looked into it, so it may be bullshit lol

43 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

My theater laughed out loud at the forced girl power shit towards the end. Gave me a cunt hairs worth of hope for the future.

i thought the funniest part was the director's cameo as the first gay character in the MCU at the captain america support group in the beginning

so shit

2 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

I’ve heard they hate each other’s guts but I haven’t really looked into it, so it may be bullshit lol

If their actual personalities are anything like their public personas, I can see that.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:41 AM, Alex Trebek said:

if i made a top 10 list Toy Story 2 would probably be on it :lol:

They are all good, and 2 is the best for sure.

But... Towelie > Forkie

Is The Departed the only good movie Mark Wahlberg is in? I struggle to think of another. I'd also say he's the worst thing about the Departed.

For someone so popular, he sure is a terrible fucking actor.

When you see his name on the poster it's a sure sign that the movie is shit.

Just looked up his filmography. His character's name in The Perfect Storm was Bobby Shatford

Close enough to Bobby Shitlord for me