Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

1 hour ago, meatpuppet said:

I found out the other day the movie was financed via $ 1aund3r1ng.

Hollywood is basically just where criminals hide, I mean invest their money. 

8 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

http://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/saw-chris-rock-new-movie-october-2020-1202141850/

Apparently Chris Rock is going to save the Saw series with an idea he had himself. :lol: Can't be worse than the last 6 of them.

I can shamefully admit that I love the Saw Series. I have seen every one of them in theaters (yea, I am part of the problem lol)

I never thought Chris Rock of all people would be interested in the series. Wonder if it will be an all black cast now just like Death at Funeral lol 😂

Just now, GNR444 said:

I can shamefully admit that I love the Saw Series. I have seen every one of them in theaters (yea, I am part of the problem lol)

I never thought Chris Rock of all people would be interested in the series. Wonder if it will be an all black cast now just like Death at Funeral lol 😂

i had a saw phase as a teen, they were a lot better than garbage like the purge and annabelle

they kinda went to shit after they killed off jigsaw though

the one with the insurance guy was alright i guess, funny if anything

i haven't bothered to see jigsaw, should i?

i just don't see how they can revive the franchise with jigsaw killed off, either you go forward with a new (shit) character or you jump the shark by actually bringing him back somehow

lose-lose

36 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

i haven't bothered to see jigsaw, should i?

You've made it this far, might as well lol

If you see Jigsaw, you will understand how they were able to bring it back (not that it's a good reason why).  🤷‍♀️

Just an FYI, It really is the worst at of all of them and that includes Saw 5 (the traps are forgettable, and the dialog 🙄)

But I still had fun watching it.

After Jigsaw, I can see how they can add more to it.. but it shouldn't lol

I really liked the movie Escape Room.

Also watched Ronin for the first time in a while. It’s such a solid flick one of Deniro’s best.

Highly recommend.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:31 PM, Alex Trebek said:

fuck "Detective Pikachu", fuck Deadpool, and fuck everything else Ryan Reynolds has done that isn't that one movie where he's buried alive by a terrorist

Glad I'm not the only one. I want to karate chop his throat every time I hear that nasally voice and his utterly predictable snark.

I was excited to watch le redpilled Mel and Vince pic Dragged Across Concrete, but the writing was so awkward that they ruined a good idea.

4 minutes ago, magisme said:

I was excited to watch le redpilled Mel and Vince pic Dragged Across Concrete, but the writing was so awkward that they ruined a good idea.

Damn i was thinking of getting that. But Dilemma with Vince and Wynona was great. Hall Pass with Dj’s helicopter girl. Movies are dead. 

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

Damn i was thinking of getting that. But Dilemma with Vince and Wynona was great. Hall Pass with Dj’s helicopter girl. Movies are dead. 

Give it a try. It's not without moments. It's just one of those films where the writer's fingerprints are all over the dialogue and you're always like, "Yeah, there's no way this character would speak like that."

Maybe if you watch it thinking it's a play, you'd be better off. It sort of watches like one, and sometimes we forgive obvious writing in plays more than we do in film.

16 minutes ago, magisme said:

Give it a try. It's not without moments. It's just one of those films where the writer's fingerprints are all over the dialogue and you're always like, "Yeah, there's no way this character would speak like that."

Maybe if you watch it thinking it's a play, you'd be better off. It sort of watches like one, and sometimes we forgive obvious writing in plays more than we do in film.

I was thinking of it as a action movie. Like a horror. So pretty tight set, like Res dogs. 

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

I was thinking of it as a action movie. Like a horror. So pretty tight set, like Res dogs. 

Yeah. You should probably watch it. I'd like to hear your take on it. It does a few things worth talking about.

3 minutes ago, magisme said:

Yeah. You should probably watch it. I'd like to hear your take on it. It does a few things worth talking about.

Is it on dvd? I’ll check the box it has some new stuff. 

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Is it on dvd? I’ll check the box it has some new stuff. 

Looks like it's on blu-ray and DVD.

4 minutes ago, magisme said:

Looks like it's on blu-ray and DVD.

Should be streaming on unblock then. 

53 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

John Wick 3 was everything it needed to be

i hope that franchise continues forever, keanu fucking deserves it

I'm not an action guy but if it's that good I'll check it out.

I liked this John Wick film. I've not seen the first one. I felt out of the loop with the second one. This one was quite funny and action was superb.

Watching the previews this is going to be a disappointing 2019 except for that Wickerman ripoff coming out.

3 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

I liked this John Wick film. I've not seen the first one. I felt out of the loop with the second one. This one was quite funny and action was superb.

the first one is literally perfect

6 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

the first one is literally perfect

I'll have to get it then. That's what I've heard elsewhere too. Thanks for the tip.

15 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

Watching the previews this is going to be a disappointing 2019 except for that Wickerman ripoff coming out.

What Wicker Man ripoff???

1 minute ago, sixes said:

What Wicker Man ripoff???

I actually thought it was going to be titled Wickerman from the trailer. I'm being disagreeable. I'm not sure if it's a rip off.