Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

On 4/16/2019 at 12:21 AM, wasted said:

Barry was sort of alright as a remake of Dexter. 

This is actually why I started rewatching Dexter in the first place lol, Barry reminded me a lot about Dexter.

Barry is very good though.

FYI: I just realized that TV Party is for Shows and this thread is for Movies, my mistake.

10 hours ago, GNR444 said:

This is actually why I started rewatching Dexter in the first place lol, Barry reminded me a lot about Dexter.

Barry is very good though.

FYI: I just realized that TV Party is for Shows and this thread is for Movies, my mistake.

Well, I’m going to say that most tv shows are remakes of movies anyway. Not literally. But Sopranos is Goodfellas the tv show etc. 

Dexter is pretty original. It does have that CSI thing but it also has this American Psycho vibe too. Silence of the Lamb had Hannibal Lecter helping to catch another serial killer?

Dexter is like Batman meets Silence of the Lambs/American Psycho. 

There’s also a parallel to Sopranos where Tony/Dexter aren’t really your typical good guy. Rooting for the bad guy seems to come from movies too. Like Natural Born Killers, the heroes are Mickey and Mallory. 

Pet Sematary  - Kind of ruins it when you already know the story. Story moved too fast to connect with the characters. Pacing issues. John Lithgow's been in too many comedies so it's hard to take him seriously.

Watership Down - Never saw it until now but heard a lot about. Gives a perspective on death.